Are we following the same league? Spots 5-11 in the West are still up in the air with 1-2 games left in the season. And securing a playoff, as opposed to a plan-in spot, is a big deal.
Yeah, and the GAMES deciding these spots are incredibly boring. Last night we had:
- The Warriors facing the Kings, whose best player on the floor was Harrison Barnes
- The Lakers beating the Suns, led by Cameron Payne
- The Grizzlies beating a Bucks team who's highest scoring player was Lindell Wigginton
Two nights ago:
- The Bruce Brown led Nuggets were beaten by suns
- The Thunder beat a Jazz team whose highest scorer was Kris Dunn
I'm sorry, I don't find it incredibly exciting when the seeding for the playoffs is decided by the level of disinterest expressed by the remaining teams on a particular schedule. Teams like the Pelicans staying in the hunt because they're beating the Knicks bench squad is not a super interesting twist.
To put a finer point on this: 22 teams played last night. About 7 played their normal rotation.