ALDS Gamethread

MakMan44

stole corsi's dream
SoSH Member
Aug 22, 2009
19,310
Both games start today
 
Tillman vs Scherzer at 5:37 EDT on TBS 
 
Vargas vs Weaver at 9 EDT on TBS
 
Both games should be on ESPN Radio as well. 
 

Al Zarilla

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 8, 2005
49,759
San Andreas Fault
MakMan44 said:
Both games start today
 
Tillman vs Scherzer at 5:37 EDT on TBS 
 
Vargas vs Weaver at 9 EDT on TBS
 
Both games should be on ESPN Radio as well. 
During the A's - Royals game, I heard Eckersley's name briefly when they were mentioning the announcers for an upcoming game. Hopefully that's for the TBS game tonight.
 
Edit, they're both on TBS, so which one? I'll watch both, and stick with Eck's.
 
Dec 10, 2012
6,943
Tim Collins (and Vargas) added to Royals LDS roster. Jayson Nix and Raul "corpse" Ibanez taken off.
 
Ventura and James Shields to starts games 2 and 3.
 
I'm ecstatic that Gore keeps his roster spot.
 

dynomite

Member
SoSH Member
Dan to Theo to Ben said:
Tim Collins (and Vargas) added to Royals LDS roster. Jayson Nix and Raul "corpse" Ibanez taken off.
 
Ventura and James Shields to starts games 2 and 3.
 
I'm ecstatic that Gore keeps his roster spot.
KC's going to be fun to watch if they can stay within 1 or 2 runs into the 7th inning with that bullpen and speed.
 

Skip

lurker
Jul 19, 2012
233
Ireland
I have the Tigers to win it all this year so will be cheering them on. 
 
I can see Miggy putting them on his back like Papi did last year.
 

InsideTheParker

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 15, 2005
25,549
Pioneer Valley
Eck was on the pregame, but I don't hear him now. Maybe he's a pre- and post-game analyst?
 
Never mind. He's talking now. "Don't tell me the playoffs don't bump you up!" (or was that  ""pump"?)
 
 

RIrooter09

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 31, 2008
4,485
I dislike both of these teams, but the city of Baltimore deserves nothing but misery.  Go Tigers.
 

BornToRun

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 4, 2011
11,859
RIrooter09 said:
I dislike both of these teams, but the city of Baltimore deserves nothing but misery.  Go Tigers.
The thought of Buck Showalter winning the World Series is an awful one. Go Tigers.

Edit: not to mention the fact that a large portion of the people in the stands are members of the same fanbase that gave Ray Rice a standing ovation after he beat the shit out of his fiancé.
 

BCsMightyJoeYoung

Member
SoSH Member
Sep 14, 2002
5,185
Halifax, Nova Scotia , Canada
Tilman off to a great start. For the life of me I can't see how he manages to be an effective pitcher. Low 90s four seamer that's always at the top of the zone. Why doesnt he get hammered? Is it a deception thing about his windup?
 

RIrooter09

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 31, 2008
4,485
BCsMightyJoeYoung said:
Tilman off to a great start. For the life of me I can't see how he manages to be an effective pitcher. Low 90s four seamer that's always at the top of the zone. Why doesnt he get hammered? Is it a deception thing about his windup?
 
Hitting 96 in this game.
 

E5 Yaz

Transcends message boarding
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 25, 2002
60,632
Oregon
johnmd20 said:
You see what happens when you take PED's? Balls GO BOOM!
 
And teams win Super Bowls because they illegal film their opponents' practices!
 

ThePrideofShiner

spooky action from a distance
SoSH Member
Jul 16, 2005
6,473
Idaho
I'd like to see Showalter get a title more than I'd like to see the Tigers advance yet again. So, for at least this round, go Orioles!
 

Al Zarilla

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 8, 2005
49,759
San Andreas Fault
ThePrideofShiner said:
I'd like to see Showalter get a title more than I'd like to see the Tigers advance yet again. So, for at least this round, go Orioles!
You liked Buck's team's "display" after game 162 in 2011? F*ck Buck. 
 

E5 Yaz

Transcends message boarding
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 25, 2002
60,632
Oregon
K-K-K-HR-HR-K
 
Somewhere, Jayson Stark is waiting to turn  that into a column
 

Lowrielicious

Member
SoSH Member
Apr 19, 2011
3,839
BCsMightyJoeYoung said:
Tilman off to a great start. For the life of me I can't see how he manages to be an effective pitcher. Low 90s four seamer that's always at the top of the zone. Why doesnt he get hammered? Is it a deception thing about his windup?
does that answer your question?
 

Lowrielicious

Member
SoSH Member
Apr 19, 2011
3,839
E5 Yaz said:
Why did the Astros ever release that guy?
to be fair, he did rebuild his swing from the ground up apparently. His numbers/results prior to that change were not pretty.
 
The fact that he could do that on his own and get those results doesn't say much for their coaching staff though.
 
Can you imagine the angst here if we straight out dropped a guy and he did this?  
 
I think I read recently that JD Martinez had a higher WAR than the entire Astros outfield combined this year. Ouch.