- Dec 15, 2007
Some random thoughts:
- We've seen Playoff Tito before, but this year seemed like it really was the year of modern bullpen usage: ride your best arms in the highest leverage innings.
- Given that, the chickens came home to roost in game 7. I think Tito made a mistake using Miller in the 7-1 game. It was a low leverage situation. "Lock up the win" is the opposite of "high leverage".
- Will we ever see a pitcher start games 1, 4 and 7 again?
- How will Kluber, Chapman, and Miller pitch next year? I wonder if the new bullpen mindset is going to lead to pitchers routinely getting "Foulk'd" in the playoffs.
- Will Playoff Tito spill into regular season bullpen usage throughout the league? It would be interesting if we started to see closers come in because the heart of the order is up in the 8th.