The Four Peters said:Its ok to put forth legitimate criticisms without hyperbole, made up facts, and revising history, everyone. They did manage to win the President's trophy last year without him. Why not analyze why they went from the best team in hockey last year to completely mediocre this year? Here's a hint:
- Bergeron, Tuukka, and Krejci all got paid, and their performance has not improved and in some cases has declined, yet the aggregate cap hit for them is much higher now.
- The Iginla cap carryover (a move I supported but it didn't work out)
- The knee injuries to Chara and Seidenberg sapping them of being a top pairing
- Lucic falling off a cliff (and being their 2nd highest paid forward)
- Miller/McQuaid/Campbell/Bartkowski eating up over 5M in cap money and providing absolutely nothing, probably a negative overall.