Sure, but the media needs some heads up and we're past 3:30 on a Friday. You gotta believe Price wants to get out of town tonight.I haven't seen or heard. Maybe they're waiting on the all clear from the doc still or something. Have to imagine it happens today unless he's going to stay in Boston for the weekend.
The option has positive value for Price and negative value for the Red Sox, but the values aren't the same, or inverse. You can't value a "real option" like a "security option" because different people place different values on things like "being able to sleep at night." Put another way, a $127 million doesn't mean the same thing to Price and the Red Sox.That point has actually been discussed a few times, and since it basically says that the opt out was worth some unknown economic value to Price, it supports the position that it's for his benefit only.
The holdup was Price coming to Boston for a physical. He came into town yesterday and took his physical. The tests were ready today then they had to dot the I's and cross the T's on the contract.So that was the holdup today - who to DFA?
Ive been angry about how they've treated #24 since Duquette gave Dewey's number to Kevin freakin Mitchell
Yup, he appears thoroughly broken. Maybe he can fix himself somewhere else. It's a shame. Remember when we had two hot 3B prospects* and the question was which of them was going to be awesomer?No, it's not. He had a 69 wRC+ last year... in AAA.
Well .. There's no guarantee he will be claimed. Rosters are in a state of flux right now so gambling on Cecchini might be a stretchYup, he appears thoroughly broken. Maybe he can fix himself somewhere else. It's a shame. Remember when we had two hot 3B prospects* and the question was which of them was going to be awesomer?
*Three, if you count Vitek. Remember him?