RealFantasy Draft - DRAFTING NOW, CLOCK STARTS MONDAY

SeoulSoxFan

I Want to Hit the World with Rocket Punch
Dope
Jun 27, 2006
19,955
South Korea
DaughtersofDougMirabelli said:
I say we just hand them any 2014 drafted rookies that have been undrafted. Start with the highest NFL drafted rookie left and go down from there, only skipping higher picked players if they have a hole that must be filled (i.e. P, G, etc.). 
 
Fair and easy. 
 
Agreed x 2.
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,373
DaughtersofDougMirabelli said:
I say we just hand them any 2014 drafted rookies that have been undrafted. Start with the highest NFL drafted rookie left and go down from there, only skipping higher picked players if they have a hole that must be filled (i.e. P, G, etc.). 
 
Fair and easy. 
 
I agree, great idea. 
 

wibi

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 15, 2005
10,585
I'm going to go with Case Keenum, QB HOU for my last pick
 
Not much to say about him but when Fitzpatrick falters I now have both of the depth chart backups which means someone's getting playing time 
 

Kenny F'ing Powers

posts 18% useful shit
SoSH Member
Nov 17, 2010
10,951
wibi said:
I'm going to go with Case Keenum, QB HOU for my last pick
 
Not much to say about him but when Fitzpatrick falters I now have both of the depth chart backups which means someone's getting playing time 
 
Fitzpatrick is a rock. He'll be playing 100% of the snaps at a very elite level this year.
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,373
wibi still needs a P, so he will be required to use his 1st pick in the supplemental draft to fill the position. 
 
There are 4 other teams who still need to make picks that need a P. If they want to snag one now, feel free, but I was going over the list of punters left and there isn't much, and a few real life teams have a couple of guys on their depth chart, so there will be battles in camp. Might be best if teams who still need a P to wait to see how those battles pan out. 
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,373
CaptainLaddie said:
Wait, can I grab a punter now?  Confused.
 
Sorry I wasn't clear, but no. You'll have to wait until the supplemental draft.
 
I just looked at the spreadsheet quickly to see who still needed a P and assumed those teams still had outstanding picks that needed to be made. You made all of yours so you gotta wait. 
 

bakahump

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jan 8, 2001
6,448
Maine
OK...Sorry I missed my last two...
 
If I am good to Pick the KCC choose...WR Jon Baldwin (Formerly of SF)
 
With my last pick......I choose...Mike Adams S (Formerly of Ind)
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,373
Alright, baka and wibi have submitted their remaining picks. 

According to the spreadsheet, we're still waiting on: WasnotWasdin (4 picks), MSF (1 pick), SPDougie (1 pick), Saturnian (2 picks)
 

Was (Not Wasdin)

family crest has godzilla
SoSH Member
Jul 26, 2007
2,168
The Short Bus
I should be able to do my 4 this weekend.  The "Teams" tab on the spreadsheet looks to be completely updated, so I will search that before posting-let me know if I am wrong on that.
 
If anyone feels inclined to save me some time and PM me some names of WR's and OL's that are upright and breathing, I would be most appreciative.  
 

WNW
 

Kenny F'ing Powers

posts 18% useful shit
SoSH Member
Nov 17, 2010
10,951
Was (Not Wasdin) said:
I should be able to do my 4 this weekend.  The "Teams" tab on the spreadsheet looks to be completely updated, so I will search that before posting-let me know if I am wrong on that.
 
If anyone feels inclined to save me some time and PM me some names of WR's and OL's that are upright and breathing, I would be most appreciative.  
 
WNW
Teacher said not to share our homework.
 

Old Fart Tree

the maven of meat
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jan 10, 2001
8,347
The Yay Area
Honest question; I'm of the opinion that football teams should almost never punt. Do I absolutely have to carry a punter? If anyone was going to be the first trailblazer, it would have been bomb-throwing iconoclast Al Fucking Davis, right?
 
Note: I probably won't carry a punter anyway because fuck you that's why, but I'm curious. I mean, if we were doing this 60 years ago, we would have forced everyone to draft at least four running backs.
 

SMU_Sox

loves his fluffykins
SoSH Member
Jul 20, 2009
6,531
Dallas
You or us, OFT. I'm on of the very stat sympathetic guys here and have beating the drums using FO material. I thought the 4th and 2 against Indy was the right calll, for example. I know KFP has bbeen very sympathetic to them with this exercise as well as in gambling. So I think he'd be on board as numbers definitely speak to him too.

edit: we'd carry a punter as there are still many times when the math says punt. I thought that was implied but to be sure...
 

Eck'sSneakyCheese

Member
SoSH Member
May 11, 2011
9,289
NH
You need to pick a punter. A full roster in this exercise includes a K and a P. If you don't want to punt that's all well and good but I'm going to go ahead and assume that anything over a 4th and 5 is a TOD, and you're only going to convert maybe a quarter of the plays that are 4th and 4 or smaller. Unless you have the equivalent of the RL Seahawks D from the Super Bowl you're going to have a bad time.
 

Old Fart Tree

the maven of meat
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jan 10, 2001
8,347
The Yay Area
Eck'sSneakyCheese said:
You need to pick a punter. A full roster in this exercise includes a K and a P. If you don't want to punt that's all well and good but I'm going to go ahead and assume that anything over a 4th and 5 is a TOD, and you're only going to convert maybe a quarter of the plays that are 4th and 4 or smaller. Unless you have the equivalent of the RL Seahawks D from the Super Bowl you're going to have a bad time.
 
OK. So my statistically supported - and admittedly, outside-the-box - argument means dogshit to you. That's fine. It is, after all, unorthodox. but as a result you're deciding that Aaron Rodgers literally never picks up a 4th and more than 5 - literally 0% of the time, with the objectively best offensive line in this league - and fails 75% of the time on 4th and 4, 4th and 3, 4th and 2, 4th and 1, and 4th and less than 1.
 
Got it.
 
By contrast, I think that your outside-the-box thinking - which basically entailed drafting the best defensive end in the game, and forcing him into a ridiculous TACKLE position that most closely resembles a JV coach's attempt to punish an overly talented player for getting too big a head, and then trying to call it a "smokescreen" - is great. I'm going to vote that every time you face a 3rd and more than 5, they fail to convert and they punt. And if it's third and 4 or less, they probably only convert say... I don't know. A quarter of the time.
 
Jesus, this group went too easy on you for that fucking moronic bullshit.
 

Eck'sSneakyCheese

Member
SoSH Member
May 11, 2011
9,289
NH
Old Fart Tree said:
OK. So my statistically supported - and admittedly, outside-the-box - argument means dogshit to you. That's fine. It is, after all, unorthodox. but as a result you're deciding that Aaron Rodgers literally never picks up a 4th and more than 5 - literally 0% of the time, with the objectively best offensive line in this league - and fails 75% of the time on 4th and 4, 4th and 3, 4th and 2, 4th and 1, and 4th and less than 1.
 
Got it.
Wow. Take it easy there skippy, you might pop a blood vessel.

No one else can talk shit in here huh? I wasn't being serious so calm the fuck down. I've read most of the articles advocating for less punting and I know what the statistics are. I actually wish we could see it more often in the NFL. I was giving you shit, you know, in the fucking mocking thread. Some of you guys need to chill out.
 
By contrast, I think that your outside-the-box thinking - which basically entailed drafting the best defensive end in the game, and forcing him into a ridiculous TACKLE position that most closely resembles a JV coach's attempt to punish an overly talented player for getting too big a head, and then trying to call it a "smokescreen" - is great. I'm going to vote that every time you face a 3rd and more than 5, they fail to convert and they punt. And if it's third and 4 or less, they probably only convert say... I don't know. A quarter of the time.
 
Jesus, this group went too easy on you for that fucking moronic bullshit.
OK, now are you just fucking with me? I never said I'd put Watt inside permanently. That would be beyond idiotic. He'd play there on some plays which he does in RL and surprise surprise he does well. Its like you've never seen an NFL defense shift players around on certain plays. So, keep your JV coach nonsense and twist it slowly while shoving it up your ass (no lube.) Look, now you've got me channeling Al Davis. I got more shit for saying I'd play Brockers as a NT which whattya know he does in RL too. Nothing I said is/was out of the box. It just didn't resemble what some people thought to be true.

As for the bolded, I appreciate the confidence in my defense. I think you're right on. If they're facing a 3rd and more than 5 the other team has no chance of converting.
 

Was (Not Wasdin)

family crest has godzilla
SoSH Member
Jul 26, 2007
2,168
The Short Bus
I need a punter, so I will take BC guy and NYJ P Ryan Quigley
 
I will also take
 
Donnie Avery, WR
 
and
 
Nate Burleson, WR
 
Be back in a bit with my last pick.  
 

Phragle

wild card bitches
SoSH Member
Jan 1, 2009
12,918
Carmine's closet
Eck'sSneakyCheese said:
Wow. Take it easy there skippy, you might pop a blood vessel.

No one else can talk shit in here huh? I wasn't being serious so calm the fuck down. I've read most of the articles advocating for less punting and I know what the statistics are. I actually wish we could see it more often in the NFL. I was giving you shit, you know, in the fucking mocking thread. Some of you guys need to chill out.
 

OK, now are you just fucking with me? I never said I'd put Watt inside permanently. That would be beyond idiotic. He'd play there on some plays which he does in RL and surprise surprise he does well. Its like you've never seen an NFL defense shift players around on certain plays. So, keep your JV coach nonsense and twist it slowly while shoving it up your ass (no lube.) Look, now you've got me channeling Al Davis. I got more shit for saying I'd play Brockers as a NT which whattya know he does in RL too. Nothing I said is/was out of the box. It just didn't resemble what some people thought to be true.

As for the bolded, I appreciate the confidence in my defense. I think you're right on. If they're facing a 3rd and more than 5 the other team has no chance of converting.
 
This isn't the mocking thread, anus lick.
 

JerBear

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 11, 2006
1,354
Turner, ME
ElcaballitoMVP said:
Woops. Tough to tell without the spreadsheet updated. Everyone received PMs last week, so no excuses! 
Spreadsheet updated. BSJ is all set.
WNW has 1 left.  Saturnian has 2.
 
EDIT: Sent PMs to let them know that I updated the spreadsheet.
 

ElcaballitoMVP

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 19, 2008
3,373
Nope, sorry fellas. Rules are rules. Without them we'd have anarchy. You get the highest undrafted rookies. Eat shit.