Ray Lewis and Monday Night Football Crew

snowmanny

Well-Known Member
Gold Supporter
SoSH Member
Dec 8, 2005
10,131
The only reason anyone's ever heard of Derek Jeter is Jeffrey Maier.
 

rodderick

Member
SoSH Member
Apr 24, 2009
6,530
Belo Horizonte - Brazil
 
 
"They don't go to that championship game if that ball [isn't] called a tuck. That's a fumble. That man clearly fumbled the ball. And they named it a tuck rule -- something we never heard in today's game. So now you've got to ask yourself: When did the legacy really start?"
 
They named it a ruck rule? What the fuck does that even mean? It's a borderline case of a shitty rule, sure, but the rule existed before hand and has been called many times after that. Dude's just a moron. 
 

Hendu for Kutch

Member
SoSH Member
Apr 7, 2006
5,700
Nashua, NH
rodderick said:
 
They named it a ruck rule? What the fuck does that even mean? It's a borderline case of a shitty rule, sure, but the rule existed before hand and has been called many times after that. Dude's just a moron. 
 
The difference in the way the Dez Bryant non-catch has been covered vs. the Tuck Rule has been night and day in general.
 
I'm consistently hearing that the Dez call is correct but the rule sucks.  I never hear that in reference to the Tuck Rule outside of New England.  Why?  It's the same thing, a rule that people don't like that was interpreted correctly but unpopularly.
 

Shelterdog

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Feb 19, 2002
11,191
New York City
aksoxfan said:
It is unfathomable to me that someone was stupid enough to hire him.
 
We're talking about him aren't we? ESPN clearly loves to stir up inane arguments and then make that the topic of the day and week.
 

ForKeeps

lurker
Oct 13, 2011
463
I think Ray Ray just leapfrogged Tom Jackson and landed right in Marshall Faulk territory in the NFL Media Patriots H8er competition
 

rodderick

Member
SoSH Member
Apr 24, 2009
6,530
Belo Horizonte - Brazil
Hendu for Kutch said:
 
The difference in the way the Dez Bryant non-catch has been covered vs. the Tuck Rule has been night and day in general.
 
I'm consistently hearing that the Dez call is correct but the rule sucks.  I never hear that in reference to the Tuck Rule outside of New England.  Why?  It's the same thing, a rule that people don't like that was interpreted correctly but unpopularly.
 
The tuck rule is even easier to understand than the Dez catch. Aside from all that, Woodson hit Brady in the head, so it should never have gone to a replay anyway.
 

glennhoffmania

but still failing
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jul 25, 2005
8,396,500
NY
Shelterdog said:
 
We're talking about him aren't we? ESPN clearly loves to stir up inane arguments and then make that the topic of the day and week.
Yup.  It's like Cheney and the NYT.  On one show someone will say something stupid that will lead to a big debate.  Later on, during another show, they'll cite the earlier ESPN argument and claim that this is the newest sports debate/controversy/issue.  They both create and report news.  Disgusting.
 

joe dokes

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 18, 2005
12,678
glennhoffmania said:
Yup.  It's like Cheney and the NYT.  On one show someone will say something stupid that will lead to a big debate.  Later on, during another show, they'll cite the earlier ESPN argument and claim that this is the newest sports debate/controversy/issue.  They both create and report news.  Disgusting.
 
In fact, I think I saw "Steven A. and Skip debate Ray Lewis's comment" flash by my screen.
 

j-man

Member
Dec 19, 2012
1,371
Arkansas
why did ray lewis said that about brady   when in 2012   he befreid form  the  turk rule in the ravens/broncos 2012 div playoff   what a idiot   that what goodell gets  for rigged it toward the ravens in 2012   to me the steelers in 05  the colts in 06   and the ravens in 12   will have askiests with their super bowls     the super bowl should have been Colts 05  Pats 06  Broncos 12   
 

soxhop411

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 4, 2009
34,110
ay Lewis @raylewis · 9h9 hours ago

 

"To clarify my comments from this week:I was trying to express my frustration about the Tuck Rule itself....
 

Ray Lewis @raylewis · 9h9 hours ago

 

Rules like that should not be part of the game.They lead to controversial plays that impact the outcome of the games and thats what everyone
 

Ray Lewis @raylewis · 9h9 hours ago

 

Remembers,especially when you are talking about playoff games.
 


Ray Lewis @raylewis · 9h9 hours ago


I have immense respect for Tom Brady and everything he has achieved in this league. He will go down as one of the all-time greats
 

adam42381

Well-Known Member
Silver Supporter
SoSH Member
Mar 14, 2006
4,890
Kernersville, NC
j-man said:
why did ray lewis said that about brady   when in 2012   he befreid form  the  turk rule in the ravens/broncos 2012 div playoff   what a idiot   that what goodell gets  for rigged it toward the ravens in 2012   to me the steelers in 05  the colts in 06   and the ravens in 12   will have askiests with their super bowls     the super bowl should have been Colts 05  Pats 06  Broncos 12   
Say what?
 

PC Drunken Friar

Member
SoSH Member
Sep 12, 2003
9,381
South Boston
j-man said:
why did ray lewis said that about brady   when in 2012   he befreid form  the  turk rule in the ravens/broncos 2012 div playoff   what a idiot   that what goodell gets  for rigged it toward the ravens in 2012   to me the steelers in 05  the colts in 06   and the ravens in 12   will have askiests with their super bowls     the super bowl should have been Colts 05  Pats 06  Broncos 12   
J- you need to explain further about your conspiracy theories for the super bowl. What do ya got?
 

GeorgeCostanza

Member
SoSH Member
May 16, 2009
5,517
Found in central mass
soxhop411 said:
ay Lewis @raylewis · 9h9 hours ago

 

"To clarify my comments from this week:I was trying to express my frustration about the Tuck Rule itself....
 

Ray Lewis @raylewis · 9h9 hours ago

 

Rules like that should not be part of the game.They lead to controversial plays that impact the outcome of the games and thats what everyone
 

Ray Lewis @raylewis · 9h9 hours ago

 

Remembers,especially when you are talking about playoff games.
 


Ray Lewis @raylewis · 9h9 hours ago


I have immense respect for Tom Brady and everything he has achieved in this league. He will go down as one of the all-time greats
Does he still not know they got rid of the rule?
 

Lose Remerswaal

Leaves after the 8th inning
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
What exactly is a "Queen Tight End"?
 
 
Ray Lewis agreed with Dilfer, saying it’s not an attack on Jimmy before jumping off the top rope.
“He’s a queen tight end. He’s the opposite of what I used to be playing against,” Lewis said, explaining that when Tony Gonzalez played for the Chiefs they would never run to his side of the field.
 

Bosoxen

Bounced back
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 29, 2005
9,894
If it were just about anyone else, I might have made the argument that he said 'tween, not queen. But this is Ray Ray we're talking about here.
 

The Napkin

wise ass al kaprielian
Dope
SoSH Member
Jul 13, 2002
20,633
right here
But how am I supposed to be outraged about that? I don't understand? OUTRAGE!
 
Queen Tight End
“They get him out spread, they get him out wide, they put him close in the slot, they stack him up,” Eagles corner Cary Williams said.
“He’s their Queen tight end. He can do everything on the field. He’s a guy that’s 6-6, runs a decent 40, jumping ability, great body control, a guy with great hands, eye concentration. He does everything you could ask of a Pro Bowl tight end.”
 

rodderick

Member
SoSH Member
Apr 24, 2009
6,530
Belo Horizonte - Brazil
The Napkin said:
But how am I supposed to be outraged about that? I don't understand? OUTRAGE!
 
Queen Tight End
“They get him out spread, they get him out wide, they put him close in the slot, they stack him up,” Eagles corner Cary Williams said.
“He’s their Queen tight end. He can do everything on the field. He’s a guy that’s 6-6, runs a decent 40, jumping ability, great body control, a guy with great hands, eye concentration. He does everything you could ask of a Pro Bowl tight end.”
Who's outraged about it?
 

The Napkin

wise ass al kaprielian
Dope
SoSH Member
Jul 13, 2002
20,633
right here
OUTRAGE!
 
I mean I'm sure Lose bumped a 9 month old thread to link the article because he was impressed at Ray's knowledge and insight and how interesting it was that he used a term that he hadn't heard before and he looked into it and learned something. Right? And every article in the world about it was just because it was an interesting factoid. Had nothing to do with OUTRAGE!
 

rodderick

Member
SoSH Member
Apr 24, 2009
6,530
Belo Horizonte - Brazil
The Napkin said:
OUTRAGE!
 
I mean I'm sure Lose bumped a 9 month old thread to link the article because he was impressed at Ray's knowledge and insight and how interesting it was that he used a term that he hadn't heard before and he looked into it and learned something. Right? And every article in the world about it was just because it was an interesting factoid. Had nothing to do with OUTRAGE!
People didn't understand the jargon and found what Lewis said strange. Seems like there's more outrage mocking than actual outrage on the internet these days.
 

doc

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 14, 2005
3,925
There is no Rev said:
"Kings" seems like an illegal formation.
 
         TE T G C G T TE
WR               QB                   WR
                RB     RB