Grateful for his contributions to the Sox. After that, meh. No sympathy for him, he could have come back to the Sox. We had some good times, it was fun.glasspusher said:Sad Lester is sad.
And what a series that was!E5 Yaz said:
Only in six instances has a team been able to come back from being down 0–3 to win a series:
- The Toronto Maple Leafs vs. the Detroit Red Wings in the 1942 Stanley Cup Finals
- The New York Islanders vs. the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 1975 Stanley Cup Quarterfinals
- The Boston Red Sox vs. the New York Yankees in the 2004 American League Championship Series
- The Philadelphia Flyers vs. the Boston Bruins in the 2010 Stanley Cup Eastern Conference Semifinals
- KalPa vs. Blues in the 2012 Liiga playoffs
- The Los Angeles Kings vs. the San Jose Sharks in the 2014 Stanley Cup Western Conference Quarterfinals
- SKA St. Petersburg vs. CSKA Moscow in the 2015 Gagarin Cup Western Conference Finals
54thMA said:The crowd shots will be a fossil and his fossil wife dressed like the game is being played in Alaska, a wrecking ball or two with their hats on backwards, a younger guy with his glove in one hand and a pistol in the other, a middle aged dumpy housewife, a nerd with glasses and no Cubs gear on at all looking like he's at an insurance seminar and a young kid crying, showing us the curse of the billygoat spares no one in Cubstown.
tims4wins said:No, you don't. They simply aren't invested to the degree Sox fans were pre-2004. They just don't care that much. They go Wrigley to get wasted in the bleachers not because they care about winning
I mean, we're old enough to remember when they made PCs. This fact might surprise some of the younger folks here.