- Jul 17, 2005
Now that TB12 faded quietly into the night, Wildcard weekend is over and all eyes are on the Divisional Round. Games / times / spreads below:
- Jaguars / Chiefs, 4:30PM EST, Chiefs -8.5
- The Chiefs are the heaviest favorite of the weekend. Jags will have a tough time going into KC as their fans will be amped and ready for this game.
- Giants / Eagles, 8:15PM EST, Eagles -7.5
- The Eagles (and Hurts) should be well-rested and prepared for the Giants. The teams have played each other twice with the Eagles winning both (48-22 and 22-16). I don't think this one will be close personally.
- Bengals / Bills, 3:00PM EST, Bills -5
- A rematch of the game that never really happened. Bengals fans (and players) have thoroughly convinced themselves they got screwed by the NFL and will come in with a chip on their shoulder. The Bills need to clean up their sloppy play if they want to be a Super Bowl contender. Bengals line is banged up, which I think will be the difference. This one is my match of the week, should be a good one.
- Cowboys / 49ers, 6:30 EST, 49ers -4
- Two strong teams with storied histories. Both dominated their WC games. Can any team make Purdy look like a rookie? Dallas did force the most turnovers of any team in the NFL this season. Parsons is the man to watch for that. Can the 49ers D shut down the Cowboys offense? I don't have a strong prediction on this game other than I expect it to be entertaining.