More Suspensions to Come?

cheekydave

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 11, 2004
3,023
Bohoken
Here we go again. TJ Quinn said MORE players names have come up from Boschs records, and MORE suspensions are coming. TJ Quinn also said the two most common responses he is getting is " Please let it be Ortiz! and "Please let it be Jeter!
 
OH by the way Cousin Yuri also get arrested today.
 
 
"Yuri Sucart, cousin of ARod, also arrested on conspiracy charges this morning as part of DEA's "Operation Strikeout.""
 

soxhop411

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 4, 2009
34,531
I would think that these new names would not be "stars" right? If it was some huge names like last year I would think they would have been leaked the first time.
 

SemperFidelisSox

suzyn
SoSH Member
May 25, 2008
19,575
Boston, MA
True. You would think that if other Yankee players had been involved in Biogensis through A-Rod, those names would have come up during the appeal by MLB investigators.
 

jon abbey

Shanghai Warrior
Dope
SoSH Member
Jul 15, 2005
48,915
cheekydave said:
TJ Quinn also said the two most common responses he is getting is " Please let it be Ortiz! and "Please let it be Jeter!
 
 
Please let it be Cano. 
 

soxhop411

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 4, 2009
34,531
SemperFidelisSox said:
True. You would think that if other Yankee players had been involved in Biogensis through A-Rod, those names would have come up during the appeal by MLB investigators.
Or even if it was someone like an Ortiz or Pujols.  Those names would have come out by now becuase the press loves when big name players are involved in a scandal.  
 

Kenny F'ing Powers

posts 18% useful shit
SoSH Member
Nov 17, 2010
10,953
SemperFidelisSox said:
True. You would think that if other Yankee players had been involved in Biogensis through A-Rod, those names would have come up during the appeal by MLB investigators.
If the appeal didnt uncover it, Arod would have launched them under the bus.
 

mabrowndog

Ask me about total zone...or paint
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 23, 2003
39,676
Falmouth, MA
If they aren't big names, then TJ Quinn's tweet is going to end up being like the massive hype before Geraldo opened up Al Capone's vault.
 

soxhop411

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 4, 2009
34,531

Sampo Gida

Member
SoSH Member
Aug 7, 2010
5,044
So Bosch did not come clean with MLB or MLB decided to sweep those players under the rug to protect the brand?
 
Could anything come out on the obstruction side that lets MLB suspend Arod again?  They kind of left that door open.
 

Reverend

for king and country
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jan 20, 2007
45,086
Sampo Gida said:
So Bosch did not come clean with MLB or MLB decided to sweep those players under the rug to protect the brand?
 
Could anything come out on the obstruction side that lets MLB suspend Arod again?  They kind of left that door open.
 
I read the above with almost the exact opposite interpretation that you did.
 

Sampo Gida

Member
SoSH Member
Aug 7, 2010
5,044
soxhop411 said:
I would think that these new names would not be "stars" right? If it was some huge names like last year I would think they would have been leaked the first time.
 
The original leak was a Biogenesis employee giving company papers to the newpapers.  MLB had been investigating for some time with no leaks.   Even then, Brauns name stayed under wraps until someone on Arods team supposedely leaked it
 

EvilEmpire

Dope
Staff member
Dope
Gold Supporter
Apr 9, 2007
10,955
Washington
Van Everyman said:
Could certainly explain why the Yankees didn't overpay to keep him.
 
I kind of doubt it.  After the ARod fiasco, I think if the Yankees thought Cano was using PEDs, they wouldn't have made him even a semi-competitive offer.  At best he would have gotten a Lester-type offer on short years or something. 
 

Sampo Gida

Member
SoSH Member
Aug 7, 2010
5,044
Reverend said:
 
I read the above with almost the exact opposite interpretation that you did.
 It just read like damage control to me, MLB just responding to the obvious question, why they did not get all the names the first time?.  So they say its not from Bosch because Bosch is their man, and if it came from Bosch its only 1 of the 2 possibilities (he held back or MLB covered some names up).   Remember, Bosch treated these guys, he can't be unaware of any player who was treated by his clinic.
 
Now maybe the investigation included some other sources of drugs outside of Biogenesis, in which MLB is in the clear, so I guess we have to wait.
 

Sampo Gida

Member
SoSH Member
Aug 7, 2010
5,044
EvilEmpire said:
 
I kind of doubt it.  After the ARod fiasco, I think if the Yankees thought Cano was using PEDs, they wouldn't have made him even a semi-competitive offer.  At best he would have gotten a Lester-type offer on short years or something. 
They didnt, they were careful to only make offers Cano could refuse.  Coming in 70-100 million less than asking or what has been offered is pretty low risk.
 
There were text mesages about Levine semi-joking about Cano's steroid use.   Cano was a workout buddy of Cervelli, and friend of Arod , whose power dropped in the 2nd half of last year when penalties were announced for players involved.
 

EvilEmpire

Dope
Staff member
Dope
Gold Supporter
Apr 9, 2007
10,955
Washington
Sampo Gida said:
They didnt, they were careful to only make offers Cano could refuse.  Coming in 70-100 million less than asking or what has been offered is pretty low risk.
They offered around 7/175 when Cano was asking for 10/300. I don't think they could be sure anyone would offer Cano 10 years given his age and how most teams are working harder to stay younger.

The fact that Seattle went far over the top of what they offered couldn't be counted on.

So no, I think they really did want him back. And I don't think that desire would have been there if they thought he was a PED user. The game has changed.
 

cheekydave

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 11, 2004
3,023
Bohoken
As much as I LOVE to bathe in Yankees fans tears, I must admit I really hope it is NOT Jeter or Mariano. Already expecting it to be Ortiz and endure the caterwauling of the Junkee fans.
 

RedOctober3829

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 19, 2005
43,653
deep inside Guido territory

Average Reds

Dope
Staff member
Dope
V&N Mod
SoSH Member
Sep 24, 2007
27,657
Southwestern CT
cheekydave said:
As much as I LOVE to bathe in Yankees fans tears, I must admit I really hope it is NOT Jeter or Mariano. Already expecting it to be Ortiz and endure the caterwauling of the Junkee fans.
 
Other than the tweet from T.J. Quinn, I have seen nothing that indicates that any additional MLB players will be named.
 
Bosch is being prosecuted by the Feds not because he hid anything from MLB, but because he (allegedly) broke federal laws.  And MLB has no power to stop the Feds from prosecuting.  So I'm really not certain why people are assuming there are other MLB names that will come out.
 
Edit:  Of course, as I was posting this RedOctober provided more specific information.  Still doesn't indicate that any additional suspensions will be coming or that information will be coming out relating to Bosch that MLB had not already known about.
 

rembrat

Member
SoSH Member
May 26, 2006
36,097
Put me down for Carlos Gomez. There is the Braun connection, sudden increase in power, and multiple displays of "rage" on the field that make him suspicious in my eyes.
 

MakMan44

stole corsi's dream
SoSH Member
Aug 22, 2009
19,310
rembrat said:
Put me down for Carlos Gomez. There is the Braun connection, sudden increase in power, and multiple displays of "rage" on the field that make him suspicious in my eyes.
Wouldn't he a "major name" by now though? 
 

rembrat

Member
SoSH Member
May 26, 2006
36,097
To dorks on Fangraphs maybe but he isn't a household name. He only very recently became an all-star caliber player.
 

MakMan44

stole corsi's dream
SoSH Member
Aug 22, 2009
19,310
Yeah, that's true. Checking over his numbers, it is suspicious, to say the least. 
 

JimD

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 29, 2001
7,267
cheekydave said:
As much as I LOVE to bathe in Yankees fans tears, I must admit I really hope it is NOT Jeter or Mariano. Already expecting it to be Ortiz and endure the caterwauling of the Junkee fans.
 
Based on what?  I would be shocked if he was involved with A-Rod and these other characters.
 

EvilEmpire

Dope
Staff member
Dope
Gold Supporter
Apr 9, 2007
10,955
Washington
If Ortiz ever used, I think he was smart enough to stop once penalties were put in place. Like more than a few players, I suspect.
 

EvilEmpire

Dope
Staff member
Dope
Gold Supporter
Apr 9, 2007
10,955
Washington
SemperFidelisSox said:
Joe Kelley and Allen Craig. :(
No shit? I don't think much of this stuff is funny at all, but that might come close. Assuming they did use and St. Louis somehow knew or suspected.

All of which I doubt, of course.
 

Sampo Gida

Member
SoSH Member
Aug 7, 2010
5,044
EvilEmpire said:
If Ortiz ever used, I think he was smart enough to stop once penalties were put in place. Like more than a few players, I suspect.
 
I believe there is a huge loophole in the off season since players have 7 days to report for a test.  This is when I believe most players do their muscle building. That muscle does not disappear in the regular season that quickly, especially if you take low doses for maintenance that are undetectable.
 
I suspect PED use is much more common than most think.
 

Sampo Gida

Member
SoSH Member
Aug 7, 2010
5,044
JimD said:
 
Based on what?  I would be shocked if he was involved with A-Rod and these other characters.
 
Not sure what you mean by involved but last time Arod came to town last year it was reported they had dinner at Papis house.  Apparently they are friends. 
 

JimD

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 29, 2001
7,267
Sampo Gida said:
 
Not sure what you mean by involved but last time Arod came to town last year it was reported they had dinner at Papis house.  Apparently they are friends. 
 
Being friends is one thing - being part of the A-Rod doping shitshow is something else entirely.  Maybe I'm being naive, but I just cannot see Ortiz getting involved in that.
 

glennhoffmania

but still failing
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jul 25, 2005
8,399,287
NY
According to ESPN's T.J. Quinn, five new players have been identified as having ties to performance-enhancing drugs during the DEA's investigation into Biogenesis. We recently heard more players may be named after ex-Biogenesis chief Anthony Bosch surrendered to the DEA.
 
Major League Baseball has asked the DEA for the identities of those five players so they can start the process of disciplining them, according to the DEA. It is unclear if those five players are even on big league rosters at this time. MLB and the DEA butted heads during their simultaneous investigations into Biogenesis last year.
 
Law enforcement sources told Quinn the DEA uncovered "compelling evidence" that should result in additional suspensions. The players were not tied directly to Bosch or Biogenesis, but to others defendants in the case, including Yuri Sucart, Alex Rodriguez's cousin.
 
 
Link
 

derekson

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 26, 2010
4,399
jon abbey said:
 
Please let it be Cano. 
 
 
Wasn't Cano rumored last year, but then they didn't have enough to prove whatever nickname used in the files was actually tied to him? I seem to recall reading at least rumors of that. I won't be surprised in the least if Cano's in the expanded list. It would also further explain the Yankees' willingness to pay Ellsbury instead of Cano last winter.