MLB ASG Game Thread

rembrat

Well-Known Member
Bronze Supporter
SoSH Member
May 26, 2006
36,058
So with Jetes gone soon will Fox still have a reason to cover MLB?
 

Norm Siebern

Member
SoSH Member
May 12, 2003
6,444
Western MD
In the mean time Koji strikes out the batter. This is probably his last All Star game appearance as well, but Fox didn't seem to notice.
 

Hendu for Kutch

Member
SoSH Member
Apr 7, 2006
5,728
Nashua, NH
That was ridiculous.  Jeter's dad was mentioned more in the time Koji was on the mound than Koji was.  Literally.
 
There are so many cool stories to cover in an all-star game, it just sucks that they choose to focus on one at the expense of nearly every other one.
 

rembrat

Well-Known Member
Bronze Supporter
SoSH Member
May 26, 2006
36,058
Al Zarilla said:
Don't understand Koji there. Is Farrell trying to be the anti-Matheny? Thought Koji would be the closer.
Why give Koji that burden? We still have a pennant to win.
 

Nomar813

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 15, 2005
7,775
rembrat said:
So with Jetes gone soon will Fox still have a reason to cover MLB?
They'll be covering the rapid ascent of Jeter's post-retirement belt size.
 

Norm Siebern

Member
SoSH Member
May 12, 2003
6,444
Western MD
Al Zarilla said:
Don't understand Koji there. Is Farrell trying to be the anti-Matheny? Thought Koji would be the closer.
I don't know, but I would guess that he wanted to get him in the game because Koji deserved it, and wanted to limit his pitches. If that is the case, it worked perfectly.
 

Harry Hooper

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jan 4, 2002
25,526
Al Zarilla said:
Don't understand Koji there. Is Farrell trying to be the anti-Matheny? Thought Koji would be the closer.
 
Koji was last guy added to roster, so a short early appearance.
 

Norm Siebern

Member
SoSH Member
May 12, 2003
6,444
Western MD
Hendu for Kutch said:
That was ridiculous.  Jeter's dad was mentioned more in the time Koji was on the mound than Koji was.  Literally.
 
There are so many cool stories to cover in an all-star game, it just sucks that they choose to focus on one at the expense of nearly every other one.
Absolutely true. A million times true. Fox continually insults baseball fans.