Liverpool 2014-15: Now Is Time On Merseyside When We Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoxFanInCali

has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jun 3, 2005
12,493
California. Duh.
Apparently the game is on Fox Sports 2, which:
- Comcast doesn't have.
- Is not available to me on Fox Sports Go, because Comcast doesn't have it.
 

cjdmadcow

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 16, 2005
1,477
St Albans, UK
JayMags71 said:
I now understand why few European teams use green as a a base color. Liverpool appears to be playing a bunch of chameleons.
 
The greatest game I've ever attended
 
http://youtu.be/vZdpzXXKpp8
 

Nick Kaufman

protector of human kind from spoilers
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Aug 2, 2003
11,357
A Lost Time
JayMags71 said:
I now understand why few European teams use green as a a base color. Liverpool appears to be playing a bunch of chameleons.
 
Many European teams do. None of the English teams do, because for a good amount of time it was the color used for goalkeeper kits.
 

soxfan121

JAG
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 22, 2002
23,043
Nick Kaufman said:
 
Yeah, but it's feedback that the team is experiencing at the very least growing pains.
 
That is be expected when the lads all need to wear name tags in the locker room. 
 
See Spurs, every year. Bedding in this many new signings is hard to do and then add in guys who should have left but wouldn't (Borini) and guys who used to have secure starting jobs with tons of new competition (pretty much everyone) and it results in growing pains. Or 6th place. See Spurs, every year.
 

Stanley Steamer

Member
SoSH Member
Jan 11, 2012
1,168
Rossland, BC
soxfan121 said:
That is be expected when the lads all need to wear name tags in the locker room. 
 
See Spurs, every year. Bedding in this many new signings is hard to do and then add in guys who should have left but wouldn't (Borini) and guys who used to have secure starting jobs with tons of new competition (pretty much everyone) and it results in growing pains. Or 6th place. See Spurs, every year.
Well at least you won't have to worry about that with YOUR NEW CLUB, soxfan.
(Wait, did I just troll?)
 

soxfan121

JAG
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 22, 2002
23,043
Dummy Hoy said:
Pretty cool. This is part of the reason I love him- he may be a lunatic, but he's got a heart of gold.
 
I concur. That it is a rumor and not a fact is also why I like him - he does a ton of charity work and doesn't really admit to it, only hints at it (like the photo). 
 

SoxFanInCali

has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jun 3, 2005
12,493
California. Duh.
In honor of 121's new choice of teams, let's celebrate the 8th anniversary of this.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfGp_6XP6_Q
 

soxfan121

JAG
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 22, 2002
23,043
Any video with Sloth gets an extra half-star just for his presence. You guys really miss that goofy looking bastard.
 

JayMags71

Member
SoSH Member
Five matches in and three losses. My hopes for this season were top four, and round of sixteen in the Champions League. At the risk of sounding like Mikeford in the Arsenal thread, when should we start being concerned? Do we expect the defense to get accustomed to each other? Is there a point where Rodgers' job is in jeopardy?
 

MiracleOfO2704

not AWOL
SoSH Member
Jul 12, 2005
6,150
The Island
JayMags71 said:
Five matches in and three losses. My hopes for this season were top four, and round of sixteen in the Champions League. At the risk of sounding like Mikeford in the Arsenal thread, when should we start being concerned? Do we expect the defense to get accustomed to each other? Is there a point where Rodgers' job is in jeopardy?
 
In order...
 
-Last 16 of the UCL should still happen since Basel and Ludogorets are muppets, but their chances at Top 4 are starting to narrow a bit. They can easily still do it, but outside of Chelsea and, to some degree, Citeh, none of their competitors are really hitting their stride. Aston Villa and Southampton aren't likely to stay where they are, so it comes down to how Liverpool do in relation to Everton, Tottenham, United, and Arsenal, since three of those 5 aren't making UCL next year.
 
-Maybe. SF121 hit it on the head somewhere in here, they injected a whole lot of new players into the team. Part of what made last year's team great was, as a whole, getting established in Rodgers' system. To some degree, that odometer reset this summer. It may come off, it may not, but there is a need for some patience, which leads to...
 
-No. Unless they're in the relegation zone come February, Rodgers is fine for at least this season. The bigger question might be the Gerrard question, but that'll come soon enough, I suspect.
 

soxfan121

JAG
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 22, 2002
23,043
JayMags71 said:
Five matches in and three losses. My hopes for this season were top four, and round of sixteen in the Champions League. At the risk of sounding like Mikeford in the Arsenal thread, when should we start being concerned? Do we expect the defense to get accustomed to each other? Is there a point where Rodgers' job is in jeopardy?
 
Oh, JayMags...you do sound like that. Sing three YNWA's as penance. 
 
And top four was an unrealistic hope once the CL group stage came through. There's a chance to win the group, given the competition, so go all out and try to get the best chance of making the quarterfinals with a weak 16-opponent. 
 
At least Rodgers seems committed to bedding in the new guys, unlike whatever the fuck Tottenham tried to do last season.
 

SoxFanInCali

has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jun 3, 2005
12,493
California. Duh.
My hope for this season: United finish 4th, Liverpool finish 5th but win the Champions League to bump them and qualify in their place.
 

Gunfighter 09

wants to be caribou ken
Staff member
Dope
SoSH Member
Jul 31, 2005
7,851
KPWT
SoxFanInCali said:
My hope for this season: United finish 4th, Liverpool finish 5th but win the Champions League to bump them and qualify in their place.
 
 
What happens when Spurs/Everton finish 6th and win Europa awesomeness and take the UCL slot that comes with it? 
 

mikeford

woolwich!
SoSH Member
Aug 6, 2006
26,064
Toronto, ON
So Ballertelli decided to tweet LOL Man United and for his troubles got an absolute torrent of gross racial abuse. 
 
Humans stink.
 

Dummy Hoy

Angry Pissbum
SoSH Member
Jul 22, 2006
6,729
Falmouth
MiracleOfO2704 said:
 
In order...
 
-Last 16 of the UCL should still happen since Basel and Ludogorets are muppets, but their chances at Top 4 are starting to narrow a bit. They can easily still do it, but outside of Chelsea and, to some degree, Citeh, none of their competitors are really hitting their stride. Aston Villa and Southampton aren't likely to stay where they are, so it comes down to how Liverpool do in relation to Everton, Tottenham, United, and Arsenal, since three of those 5 aren't making UCL next year.
 
-Maybe. SF121 hit it on the head somewhere in here, they injected a whole lot of new players into the team. Part of what made last year's team great was, as a whole, getting established in Rodgers' system. To some degree, that odometer reset this summer. It may come off, it may not, but there is a need for some patience, which leads to...
 
-No. Unless they're in the relegation zone come February, Rodgers is fine for at least this season. The bigger question might be the Gerrard question, but that'll come soon enough, I suspect.
 
You were kind of lucky to beat them at home. I'd want to see a much better performance before I penciled in the round of 16.
 

WayBackVazquez

white knight against high school nookie
SoSH Member
Aug 23, 2006
8,294
Los Angeles
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but does any channel in the US carry League Cup games? That is, can I go to a local pub and expect to see the games, or is it illegal stream or nothing?
 

Bosoxen

Bounced back
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 29, 2005
10,160
Cuzittt said:
Tomorrow's game is on BeIn Sports. Do not know if it is live... I suspect no.
 
It's not live. The guide is showing Real Madrid vs Elche at the time of the Liverpool game. It'll be played on a delay immediately afterward.
 

DLew On Roids

guilty of being sex
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Aug 30, 2001
13,844
The Pine Street Inn
Yeah, reminds me of the game of FIFA I played last night where I banged in seven for Boca against River Plate in the first half...before realizing my son had set the opposing GK's slider to 0.
 
By the way, playing against a horrible keeper is really fun.
 

SoxFanInCali

has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jun 3, 2005
12,493
California. Duh.
And the last minute penalty we didn't get in normal time, Boro gets in extra time.
 
It took 120 minutes, but Kolo Toure made his presence felt.
 

SoxFanInCali

has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Jun 3, 2005
12,493
California. Duh.
Everyone scored for Liverpool except Sterling...and he was next if it had continued. Balotelli, Lucas, Lallana, and Suso all scored twice.
 
 

Bosoxen

Bounced back
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 29, 2005
10,160
Does anyone know where I can find a replay of the shootout? I had set the game to record, but failed to take into account that the game might be extended, so my recording cut off at the end of regulation. Naturally, I missed the world's most epic shootout because of it.
 

DanBackslide

lurker
Nov 12, 2010
1
I added an extra hour to the recording, thinking that would be enough to cover extra time and penalties. It wasn't. It cut off at 9-8.
 
 
 
Status
Not open for further replies.