Jerry Jones Sued For Sexual Assault

brandonchristensen

mad photochops
SoSH Member
Feb 4, 2012
26,958
Here we go again!
 
http://deadspin.com/woman-who-took-jerry-jones-pics-files-lawsuit-alleging-1632704685
 

 
 
 
The lawsuit claims that on the evening when the photos were taken, back in 2009, Jones repeatedly groped Weckerly, forcibly penetrated her vagina with his fingers, and made her watch as he received oral sex from another woman. The suit also alleges that Jones and the Cowboys bullied Weckerly into keeping quiet about what happened, and coerced her into signing some sort of non-disclosure agreement. You can read the entire suit at the bottom of the page, but we've pulled some of the more relevant passages up here.
 
Finally, one of the Cowboys scores!
 
 
 

JimBoSox9

will you be my friend?
SoSH Member
Nov 1, 2005
16,614
Mid-surburbia
If there's been some fundamental shift in the perceived cost/benefit of toeing the NFL line or crossing it, Harv Levin is about to buy himself an island.
 

HomeRunBaker

bet squelcher
SoSH Member
Jan 15, 2004
19,268
That poor girl/"victim." She looks traumatized in that pic.

Good god I hate our litigious country sometimes.
 

JimBoSox9

will you be my friend?
SoSH Member
Nov 1, 2005
16,614
Mid-surburbia
HomeRunBaker said:
That poor girl. She looks traumatized in that pic.

Good god I hate our litigious country sometimes.
Hey grundle napkin, it's the woman who took the photo that's suing.
 
Jul 28, 2005
10
So because she was (possibly) ok with that pic, she consented to forcible penetration of her vagina and should be left without any legal recourse for that. Got it.


HomeRunBaker said:
That poor girl/"victim." She looks traumatized in that pic.

Good god I hate our litigious country sometimes.
Edit: see now it wasn't the woman in the pic who is suing. Which really doesn't change my point at all.
 

IdiotKicker

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 21, 2005
5,830
Somerville, MA
Crespo Change-O said:
So because she was (possibly) ok with that pic, she consented to forcible penetration of her vagina and should be left without any legal recourse for that. Got it.

Edit: see now it wasn't the woman in the pic who is suing. Which really doesn't change my point at all.
No, the point is that right now we have no idea what happened. Please go troll somewhere else unless you have actual facts to stand on. Rushing to judgment on either side based on an initial report is beyond dumb.
 
Jul 28, 2005
10
Chuck Z said:
No, the point is that right now we have no idea what happened. Please go troll somewhere else unless you have actual facts to stand on. Rushing to judgment on either side based on an initial report is beyond dumb.
Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I should have been, but that's exactly the point I was trying to make. I have no idea if there's merit to what she's saying. But jumping to blame "litigious society" is jumping to a conclusion that the woman is just trying to make trouble. Also, concluding that she wasn't a "victim" because of how she looked in one picture (which was incorrect to begin with, as the woman the pic apparently isn't the woman suing, but assuming for a moment it were) is, well, barely a degree removed from "she was dressed slutty so it was kind of her fault". That mindset is a far more widespread and dangerous problem to my eyes, particularly in light of recent events, but ymmv.
 

mabrowndog

Ask me about total zone...or paint
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 23, 2003
39,676
Falmouth, MA
JimBoSox9 said:
If there's been some fundamental shift in the perceived cost/benefit of toeing the NFL line or crossing it, Harv Levin is about to buy himself an island.
 
Levin could probably already afford one, but I didn't see anything in that Deadspin piece attributed to TMZ.
 

brandonchristensen

mad photochops
SoSH Member
Feb 4, 2012
26,958
Let's just hope that the Pats don't do anything that could be considered bad or else they will steal the spotlight.
 
"Tom Brady doesn't tip his server!" or something lighting up newsstands. 
 

HomeRunBaker

bet squelcher
SoSH Member
Jan 15, 2004
19,268
Crespo Change-O said:
Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I should have been, but that's exactly the point I was trying to make. I have no idea if there's merit to what she's saying. But jumping to blame "litigious society" is jumping to a conclusion that the woman is just trying to make trouble. Also, concluding that she wasn't a "victim" because of how she looked in one picture (which was incorrect to begin with, as the woman the pic apparently isn't the woman suing, but assuming for a moment it were) is, well, barely a degree removed from "she was dressed slutty so it was kind of her fault". That mindset is a far more widespread and dangerous problem to my eyes, particularly in light of recent events, but ymmv.
It's a little more than "she was dressed like a hoe so she deserved it" but nice try.

I dunno......stripper and her stripper friend being groped while appearing to enjoy it and/or taking pics of the fun only to report an "incident" 5 years later doesn't exactly pass the credibility test of an assault to me. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like a prototypical money grab that goes on all the time.
 

wutang112878

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 5, 2007
6,066
We need to talk about what an awful and awesome (for our amusement) this puts Goodell in.  He's probably just trying to get to Sunday so he can try to create some news to try to get the Rice fallout out of the news cycle a bit but this puts him in a tough situation.  I'm not sure if he can pull and Irsay again and take 6 months to let the news die down so he can pass out another slap on the wrist.  I'm and sure fans and players will be looking for some type of appropriate justice from Goodell especially because this seems a little more serious than the Irsay situation as well and these contingencies have to be a little fed up with Goodell at the moment.
 
But I think the biggest driver of all situations is the opinion of all the other owners, but I cant figure out where they might land on this.  Are they concerned with the NFL's image and want him to get this one right?  Or do they not want to set a precedent because a lot of these scumbags know this is a mistake they might make if they had a little too much to drink one night and/or they back Jerry because of the good old boys network?  I really think the owners might be split about 50/50 in these 2 camps and I really cant think of what Goodell might do as a result. 
 
As Vincent once said to Marvin 'you gotta have an opinion', so what say you SOSH?
 

JimBoSox9

will you be my friend?
SoSH Member
Nov 1, 2005
16,614
Mid-surburbia
mabrowndog said:
 
Levin could probably already afford one, but I didn't see anything in that Deadspin piece attributed to TMZ.
 
Sorry (that was a weak post), what I meant to imply is that if the current climate has produced some combination of lessened fear/increased target perception of the NFL, than the amount of dirt that has the potential of seeing the light of day is gigantic.  To be clear, I think this is a good thing.  I generally like it when people who get raped feel safe reporting they got raped.  HRB may disagree.  But I do think the timing of the new problem is interesting, I do think the NFL keeps a lid on a volume of shit that would stagger the public, and their Shield feels....brittle.
 
 
HomeRunBaker said:
It's a little more than "she was dressed like a hoe so she deserved it" but nice try.

I dunno......stripper and her stripper friend being groped while appearing to enjoy it and/or taking pics of the fun only to report an "incident" 5 years later doesn't exactly pass the credibility test of an assault to me. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like a prototypical money grab that goes on all the time.
 
No, no it's really not.
 
You have zero evidence as to the truth of the allegations.  Z-E-R-O.  The entirety of the evidence existing at this time are those pictures.  If you want to say, suggest, or imply that those pictures give you credible ability to guess what happened later with regards to consent to vaginal penetration?  Then, yes, you are saying "she was dressed like a hoe so she deserved it".  The fact that your first instinct is to lean towards "liar" is far more of a product on your preconceptions towards women and belief that those pictures equal consent than it is a product of logic.
 
 
glennhoffmania said:
 
I like "grundle napkin."  Can I use that?
 
Of course, good sir.  I only use open-source and free-range insults.
 

IdiotKicker

Member
SoSH Member
Nov 21, 2005
5,830
Somerville, MA
wutang112878 said:
We need to talk about what an awful and awesome (for our amusement) this puts Goodell in.  He's probably just trying to get to Sunday so he can try to create some news to try to get the Rice fallout out of the news cycle a bit but this puts him in a tough situation.  I'm not sure if he can pull and Irsay again and take 6 months to let the news die down so he can pass out another slap on the wrist.  I'm and sure fans and players will be looking for some type of appropriate justice from Goodell especially because this seems a little more serious than the Irsay situation as well and these contingencies have to be a little fed up with Goodell at the moment.
 
But I think the biggest driver of all situations is the opinion of all the other owners, but I cant figure out where they might land on this.  Are they concerned with the NFL's image and want him to get this one right?  Or do they not want to set a precedent because a lot of these scumbags know this is a mistake they might make if they had a little too much to drink one night and/or they back Jerry because of the good old boys network?  I really think the owners might be split about 50/50 in these 2 camps and I really cant think of what Goodell might do as a result. 
 
As Vincent once said to Marvin 'you gotta have an opinion', so what say you SOSH?
My opinion is that we don't know shit. And you don't form an opinion until you do.
 

OCST

Sunny von Bulow
SoSH Member
Jan 10, 2004
20,190
The 718
mikeford said:
Waiting 5 years to file a case for sexual assault seems like a pretty bad idea if you're the victim.
This is not the post of a "fucking idiot," as was said up thread. It's spot on, because of the statute of limitations.

I don't know what it is in TX for this cause of action, but I would guess somewhere in the 2-4 year range.

The story on ESPN's website (no link, on phone) doesn't say what the SOL is but states that it has passed.

So not only is this case 100% likely to be dismissed at first chance, the plaintiff's lawyer is open to charges of misconduct, for bringing an obviously frivolous action.
 

HomeRunBaker

bet squelcher
SoSH Member
Jan 15, 2004
19,268
JimBoSox9 said:
I generally like it when people who get raped feel safe reporting they got raped.  HRB may disagree.  But I do think the timing of the new problem is interesting, I do think the NFL keeps a lid on a volume of shit that would stagger the public, and their Shield feels....brittle.
 
 
 

No, no it's really not.

 

You have zero evidence as to the truth of the allegations.  Z-E-R-O.  The entirety of the evidence existing at this time are those pictures.  If you want to say, suggest, or imply that those pictures give you credible ability to guess what happened later with regards to consent to vaginal penetration?  Then, yes, you are saying "she was dressed like a hoe so she deserved it".  The fact that your first instinct is to lean towards "liar" is far more of a product on your preconceptions towards women and belief that those pictures equal consent than it is a product of logic.

 

 

 

Of course, good sir.  I only use open-source and free-range insults.
I generally like it when the accuser isn't not only a stripper, but also an alleged prostitute, who claims five years later that she is traumatized and must take meds to get through each day all due to Jones' actions. This coming from a girl whose occupation consisted of being penetrated.

This isn't about self reporting rape sir and nobody ever knows what occurs behind closed doors. For all we know Jones made advances, denied paying her (as her customers are required to do), and raped her. However the credibility of this particular individual in this case is what does more harm in rape cases going unreported. You sir are an idiot.
 

natejohnson

lurker
Sep 2, 2012
14
HomeRunBaker said:
I generally like it when the accuser isn't not only a stripper, but also an alleged prostitute, who claims five years later that she is traumatized and must take meds to get through each day all due to Jones' actions. This coming from a girl whose occupation consisted of being penetrated.

This isn't about self reporting rape sir and nobody ever knows what occurs behind closed doors. For all we know Jones made advances, denied paying her (as her customers are required to do), and raped her. However the credibility of this particular individual in this case is what does more harm in rape cases going unreported. You sir are an idiot.
 
A woman's consent only matters if her occupation is reputable? Fuck off.
 

HomeRunBaker

bet squelcher
SoSH Member
Jan 15, 2004
19,268
natejohnson said:
 
A woman's consent only matters if her occupation is reputable? Fuck off.
Right because that's what i said. He's an idiot you're a fuckin moron. Credibility absolutely does matter in formulating an opinion on such a serious allegation.
 

WayBackVazquez

white knight against high school nookie
SoSH Member
Aug 23, 2006
8,294
Los Angeles
OilCanShotTupac said:
This is not the post of a "fucking idiot," as was said up thread. It's spot on, because of the statute of limitations.
I don't know what it is in TX for this cause of action, but I would guess somewhere in the 2-4 year range.
The story on ESPN's website (no link, on phone) doesn't say what the SOL is but states that it has passed.
So not only is this case 100% likely to be dismissed at first chance, the plaintiff's lawyer is open to charges of misconduct, for bringing an obviously frivolous action.
Sec. 16.0045. FIVE-YEAR LIMITATIONS PERIOD. (a) A person must bring suit for personal injury not later than five years after the day the cause of action accrues if the injury arises as a result of conduct that violates:
(1) Section 22.011, Penal Code (sexual assault);

They'll probably allege her (emotional) injuries manifested (and thus the claim accrued) a few months after the alleged assault.
 

Myt1

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Mar 13, 2006
31,016
South Boston
HomeRunBaker said:
Right because that's what i said. He's an idiot you're a fuckin moron. Credibility absolutely does matter in formulating an opinion on such a serious allegation.
Do you think she's less credible because her "occupation consists of being penetrated" (allegedly)?

I mean, I'm more interested in the general answer than you trying to reverse engineer reasoning to support your initial reaction as if it were a considered credibility determination. Because there's a long history of law enforcement not taking rape complaints made by prostitutes seriously.
 

dcmissle

Deflatigator
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Aug 4, 2005
28,269
The NFLN will not touch this, which is too bad because I would pay cash money for Michael Irvin's take
 

FL4WL3SS

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 31, 2006
12,108
Andy Brickley's potty mouth
Wait - is she suing him or pressing charges?
 
Not to be insensitive here, but if she was really affected by this, wouldn't she be pressing charges and not trying to sue for money? Are they one in the same?
 

WayBackVazquez

white knight against high school nookie
SoSH Member
Aug 23, 2006
8,294
Los Angeles
FL4WL3SS said:
Wait - is she suing him or pressing charges?
 
Not to be insensitive here, but if she was really affected by this, wouldn't she be pressing charges and not trying to sue for money? Are they one in the same?
It's the state's job to "press charges," not hers, and it can decline to do so for a variety of reasons, including the difficulty of proving the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. It's her prerogative to file a civil suit or not, at which time she'll only need to prove her claims by a preponderance of the evidence.
 

HomeRunBaker

bet squelcher
SoSH Member
Jan 15, 2004
19,268
Myt1 said:
Do you think she's less credible because her "occupation consists of being penetrated" (allegedly)?

I mean, I'm more interested in the general answer than you trying to reverse engineer reasoning to support your initial reaction as if it were a considered credibility determination. Because there's a long history of law enforcement not taking rape complaints made by prostitutes seriously.
My answer is that the long history of law enforcement not taking rape complaints made by prostitutes seriously is due to a lack of credibility. Absolutely.

In our world anyone can sue, press charges, or pretty much anything for any reason. How these allegations are handled are due in large part by the accusers credibility. This holds true in all walks of life not only sexual assault.
 

Bosoxen

Bounced back
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 29, 2005
10,179
WayBackVazquez said:
It's the state's job to "press charges," not hers, and it can decline to do so for a variety of reasons, including the difficulty of proving the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. It's her prerogative to file a civil suit or not, at which time she'll only need to prove her claims by a preponderance of the evidence.
 
Sure, but the state won't do anything if a crime isn't reported. As far as I know, that never occurred. Independent of the alleged victim's occupation, that certainly makes this report fail the initial smell test - regardless of the validity of the claim, of which we know nothing at this point.
 
With that said, I'd like to echo Greg29's sentiment.
 

WayBackVazquez

white knight against high school nookie
SoSH Member
Aug 23, 2006
8,294
Los Angeles
Bosoxen said:
Sure, but the state won't do anything if a crime isn't reported. As far as I know, that never occurred. Independent of the alleged victim's occupation, that certainly makes it fail the initial smell test - regardless of the validity of the claim, of which we know nothing at this point.
 
With that said, I'd like to echo Greg29's sentiment.
As far as you know, it never occurred? So, how much do you know about what occurred? As to your smell test, the legal system has decided that the filing of a police report is not a condition predicate to the filing of a civil suit. Presumably there may be reasons why a victim may care more about compensation for her injuries than retributive justice against her attacker.
 

soxfan121

JAG
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Dec 22, 2002
23,043
Chuck Z said:
My opinion is that we don't know shit. And you don't form an opinion until you do.
 
Aw, that's no fun. Like the great philosopher Shelterdog once said: 
 
"Well I've got a keyboard and a SoSH username, so drawing half-assed conclusions based on my reading of the facts in the article is more or less my birthright."
 

Rustjive

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 30, 2009
923
Deadspin's been covering this story for a while, and there's been a few twists and turns, to say the least:

http://deadspin.com/strippers-in-jerry-jones-pics-dont-remember-much-escor-1618239717
 
TMZ Sports spoke to the women — Lindzie (blonde) and Jordan (brunette) — who are strippers in Texas, and they claim to remember very little about the night they partied with Jerry some 5 years ago ... because "there was a lot of alcohol involved."

The photos were tweeted earlier this week by someone claiming he's held them to protect Jones from an extortion plot (terezowens.com reposted the pics). Lindzie and Jordan say they are unaware of any such plot, and claim the pics were surreptitiously taken by a female friend.
On Thursday, we were contacted by someone claiming to represent the blonde woman in the photos. We were told she was shopping her story to various media outlets, and that the story was "a little juicy," presumably juicier than "there was a lot of alcohol involved."
As for that man who was 'protecting Jones from an extortion plot', Deadspin covered him here in this post: http://deadspin.com/the-story-behind-those-jerry-jones-photos-is-weirder-th-1616389511 and he seems certfiably insane. However, his version of the events wrt the photos matches up with what Weckerly's attorney has said, with the obvious exception of the words 'extortion plot'.

Edit: Oh, and here was the press release the victim's attorney put out last week:
Jones started out as friendly guy with a desire to party. He offered to put his super bowl ring on Weckerly’s finger. He even posed with a kneeling woman after she spent special time with him with his shirt out and his pants unzipped.

Weckerly did not know Jones and agreed to meet him as suggested by the other two women. Weckerly maintained sobriety and managed to escape Jones’ hotel room by convincing everyone to go dancing. As the night progressed and alcohol kicked in, Weckerly became increasingly uncomfortable and continued to refuse Jones’ advances. Throughout the evening with Weckerly and the other ladies, Jones moved with large security men.

After being forcefully removed from the club, Weckerly was humiliated, fearful and angry. No one challenged Jones and his disrespectful behavior. Weckerly cried and wondered how she could fight and win against a billionaire.
http://deadspin.com/mystery-woman-linked-to-jerry-jones-scandal-tells-her-s-1631235709

She still could've been sexually assaulted but...let's wait and see all the facts?
 

Myt1

Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Mar 13, 2006
31,016
South Boston
HomeRunBaker said:
My answer is that the long history of law enforcement not taking rape complaints made by prostitutes seriously is due to a lack of credibility. Absolutely.

In our world anyone can sue, press charges, or pretty much anything for any reason. How these allegations are handled are due in large part by the accusers credibility. This holds true in all walks of life not only sexual assault.
I'm familiar with the history of law enforcement.
I'm asking you if her being an alleged prostitute reduces her credibility in your eyes. And if so, what would a prostitute have to do to convince you that she was actually sexually assaulted?
 

EvilEmpire

paying for his sins
Staff member
Dope
Gold Supporter
Apr 9, 2007
11,914
Washington
Every time I see one of these threads I get angry that James Dolan's name isn't in the thread title.
 

Judge Mental13

Scoops McGee
SoSH Member
Apr 16, 2002
5,083
No one is saying prostitutes can't be raped and no one is saying that Jerry Jones and his friends definitely 100% raped this particular prostitute.  If Jerry Jones did sexually assault this woman than he deserves to be punished for it and she, just like everybody else deserves her day in court.  Coming out with these allegations 5 years after the fact, (not to mention several months after the photos were released) certainly isn't going to do much for her in the court of public opinion, but there could be a lot more evidence that we don't know about yet.
 

FL4WL3SS

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 31, 2006
12,108
Andy Brickley's potty mouth
WayBackVazquez said:
As far as you know, it never occurred? So, how much do you know about what occurred? As to your smell test, the legal system has decided that the filing of a police report is not a condition predicate to the filing of a civil suit. Presumably there may be reasons why a victim may care more about compensation for her injuries than retributive justice against her attacker.
My problem with this is, essentially she's claiming she got raped and if her accounts are true, she definitely got raped. Why would she not file a police report and pursue criminal charges instead of a civil suit?
 
I've never been involved in anything like this, so I'm not sure how it all works. Just seems odd to me.
 

HomeRunBaker

bet squelcher
SoSH Member
Jan 15, 2004
19,268
Myt1 said:
I'm familiar with the history of law enforcement.
I'm asking you if her being an alleged prostitute reduces her credibility in your eyes. And if so, what would a prostitute have to do to convince you that she was actually sexually assaulted?
Anyone engaging in criminal activity loses credibility regardless of the allegation. Who has more credibility as a witness as to Aaron Hernandez' whereabouts during a specific timeline, Carlos Ortiz or Don Orsillo (insert any non-criminal)?

I'd want to see more evidence from someone with a criminal and/or shady background than from someone who isn't a criminal and/or has a shady background. That goes for any aspect of life not only a rape accusation.
 

PBDWake

Member
SoSH Member
May 1, 2008
3,674
Peabody, MA
FL4WL3SS said:
My problem with this is, essentially she's claiming she got raped and if her accounts are true, she definitely got raped. Why would she not file a police report and pursue criminal charges instead of a civil suit?
 
I've never been involved in anything like this, so I'm not sure how it all works. Just seems odd to me.
See HRBs posts. Police reaction to prostitutes claiming rape or sexual assault, especially from someone like a Jerry Jones, are notoriously... well.. tepid would be putting it lightly.
 

Thieving Venison

Member
SoSH Member
Oct 12, 2006
311
Yes
HomeRunBaker said:
Anyone engaging in criminal activity loses credibility regardless of the allegation. Who has more credibility as a witness as to Aaron Hernandez' whereabouts during a specific timeline, Carlos Ortiz or Don Orsillo (insert any non-criminal)?

I'd want to see more evidence from someone with a criminal and/or shady background than from someone who isn't a criminal and/or has a shady background. That goes for any aspect of life not only a rape accusation.
 
Does Jones lose an equal amount of credibility for hiring an alleged prostitute?
 

PBDWake

Member
SoSH Member
May 1, 2008
3,674
Peabody, MA
HomeRunBaker said:
Anyone engaging in criminal activity loses credibility regardless of the allegation. Who has more credibility as a witness as to Aaron Hernandez' whereabouts during a specific timeline, Carlos Ortiz or Don Orsillo (insert any non-criminal)?

I'd want to see more evidence from someone with a criminal and/or shady background than from someone who isn't a criminal and/or has a shady background. That goes for any aspect of life not only a rape accusation.
Here are some statistics for you.
 
Depending on which researching body you talk to, the rape rate among prostitutes ranges from 68-80%. The National Coalition Against Sexual Assault reports that most prostitutes are raped, on average, 8 times per year. There is no classification of women on the planet more likely to be raped than a prostitute.
 
If you want to know why that is, I can give you some examples of the reason they are preyed upon so often.
People consider it their job to be penetrated.
Police Officers consider their reports to be less credible, so the criminals know they are less likely to be investigated.
People often string together unrelated facts about them, ranging from how they appear to the fact they continue working, to assume that their rape claims are false.
 
Does any of that seem familiar?
 
You've taken it upon yourself to judge a person as more likely to be filing a false claim because of their chosen profession when the facts of that profession makes it overwhelmingly likely to have been raped. This is not to say that Jerry Jones raped this woman, but you're either woefully ignorant or deliberately obtuse to the realities of how prostitutes are brutalized.
 

WayBackVazquez

white knight against high school nookie
SoSH Member
Aug 23, 2006
8,294
Los Angeles
FL4WL3SS said:
My problem with this is, essentially she's claiming she got raped and if her accounts are true, she definitely got raped. Why would she not file a police report and pursue criminal charges instead of a civil suit?
 
You can't imagine why an alleged former prostitute might (a) have had some negative experiences with police, and perhaps some level of mistrust there; (b) be apprehensive about facing that situation and levying charges against one of the most powerful men in the state? You may want to read a bit about some of the experiences women describe at police stations when reporting rape. And then multiply it when you consider the prevalence of view like HRB's.

Beyond that, we have no idea whether she went to the police or not.
 

HomeRunBaker

bet squelcher
SoSH Member
Jan 15, 2004
19,268
Thieving Venison said:
 
Does Jones lose an equal amount of credibility for hiring an alleged prostitute?
The burden of proof isn't on Jones. The judge/jury (which obviously there won't be one in this case) will determine if the accuser is believable in her claim.
 

JohntheBaptist

Member
SoSH Member
Jul 13, 2005
11,393
Yoknapatawpha County
HomeRunBaker said:
Anyone engaging in criminal activity loses credibility regardless of the allegation. Who has more credibility as a witness as to Aaron Hernandez' whereabouts during a specific timeline, Carlos Ortiz or Don Orsillo (insert any non-criminal)?

I'd want to see more evidence from someone with a criminal and/or shady background than from someone who isn't a criminal and/or has a shady background. That goes for any aspect of life not only a rape accusation.
Hmmm. Should be interesting to see if Myt can find another new way to rephrase this to get you to actually answer his question.
 

HomeRunBaker

bet squelcher
SoSH Member
Jan 15, 2004
19,268
PBDWake said:
Here are some statistics for you.
 
Depending on which researching body you talk to, the rape rate among prostitutes ranges from 68-80%. The National Coalition Against Sexual Assault reports that most prostitutes are raped, on average, 8 times per year. There is no classification of women on the planet more likely to be raped than a prostitute.
 
If you want to know why that is, I can give you some examples of the reason they are preyed upon so often.
People consider it their job to be penetrated.
Police Officers consider their reports to be less credible, so the criminals know they are less likely to be investigated.
People often string together unrelated facts about them, ranging from how they appear to the fact they continue working, to assume that their rape claims are false.
 
Does any of that seem familiar?
 
You've taken it upon yourself to judge a person as more likely to be filing a false claim because of their chosen profession when the facts of that profession makes it overwhelmingly likely to have been raped. This is not to say that Jerry Jones raped this woman, but you're either woefully ignorant or deliberately obtuse to the realities of how prostitutes are brutalized.
Yup and drug dealers have bullets fired at them at a higher rate than accountants. You people have no idea how these drug dealers have been treated by police when they report this crime at the local station. It's due to this prejudice that more drug dealers aren't reporting these crimes.

You are either ignorant or deliberately obtuse to the realities of how drug dealers are brutalized.

Criminal behavior = Criminal behavior. Funny how they are treated the same by authorities.