I don't think they necessarily have moved on. By now, everyone knows that the Coyotes are only negotiating with Boston and Vancouver. AZ has no leverage in this situation other than pulling him off the market. Now, for AZ they only owe him half that cap hit in actual cash this year so maybe they're comfortable doing that and then trading him at the deadline. But, if there's a mandate to trade him what other choice do they have but trading him for whatever the highest offer is between the two teams?OEL deadline is coming up, but sounds like the Bruins have moved on.
Matt Martin is a UFA. I'd take him at low money for a 4th line role. Would add a lot of toughness to the lineup.
Same here. If they don't re-sign Krug, then they will have a decent amount of cap space to spend. At this point, it seems like Krug should get an $8m an offer year from... someone, so that likely means he is gone.Smith would be an upgrade for the 3rd line, but I hope they aim a little higher.
Dumb for them not signing him, or dumb for not making him an offer? I love Chara, but I am 100% ok if he walks.Numerous teams have reached out to Chara, but he won't be making a decision today.
Wouldn’t he have to be healthy first? The season was delayed for almost 10 weeks and the Bruins played into the second round of the playoffs without Miller once threatening to be available. At this point, I would have more confidence in Gord Kluzak being a healthy contributor. It is obvious that Don Sweeney has never read the “How to tell when your dog is done” thread.How fast do we think it will take Kevan to get hurt again?
Surprised on Kevan but it is probably a heavily incentivized contract to get to $2M. Sweeney and Neely missed his toughness in the last 2 playoff years and are hopeful he can get and stay healthy this year.I’m assuming it’s veteran minimum that can get to $2 million if he plays like 75 games. I still don’t like it but it’s not a cap killer.
Essentially the minimum with games played incentives. It's fine. They can waive it down to Providence if they need to or put him on LTIR if he can't play. I probably would've waited for the dust to settle like they appear to be doing with Chara, however.
There’s a rumor that Hall has a 3 year offer from Boston and a 7 year offer from Columbus. Not sure if there’s other offers out there for him.As for Hall, not sure of the full list of teams, but Columbus and Nashville have been linked. I don't think I've seen anything official but a lot of people think he'd be a good fit in Colorado.
I think the Bruins can offer a better situation than Columbus and Nashville but Colorado could be a problem. They are young and really, really good. They have a ton of cap space to work with but they do have some big contracts coming up with Makar and Landeskog. There was also some chatter earlier in the week that they were interested in Krug's rights so there's that too.
He's available?Wouldn’t he have to be healthy first? The season was delayed for almost 10 weeks and the Bruins played into the second round of the playoffs without Miller once threatening to be available. At this point, I would have more confidence in Gord Kluzak being a healthy contributor. It is obvious that Don Sweeney has never read the “How to tell when your dog is done” thread.