ALDS Game Thread

E5 Yaz

Transcends message boarding
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 25, 2002
62,269
Oregon

tims4wins

PN23's replacement
SoSH Member
Jul 15, 2005
22,194
Hingham, MA
I forgot that Price is 0-5 career postseason. Wonder if he will break that streak.
 
Of course he did pitch 1 1/3 IP with 3 K in game 7 of 2008 in relief. Damn.
 

Shane

lurker
Nov 26, 2014
110
tims4wins said:
I forgot that Price is 0-5 career postseason. Wonder if he will break that streak.
 
Of course he did pitch 1 1/3 IP with 3 K in game 7 of 2008 in relief. Damn.
Don't talk about that
 

OzSox

lurker
Dec 8, 2005
157
Reynolds is so bad. Reynolds: He's got a perfect lead, he's going to try to run.
Verducci: Price didn't allow a stolen base all year, the most innings pitched without a stolen base allowed since 1968.
Reynolds: Oh.
 

LuckyBen

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 5, 2012
3,396
OzSox said:
Reynolds is so bad. Reynolds: He's got a perfect lead, he's going to try to run.
Verducci: Price didn't allow a stolen base all year, the most innings pitched without a stolen base allowed since 1968.
Reynolds: Oh.
I made 2 minutes of Berman and Sutcliffe on ESPN radio. Luckily found Jay's radio call on mlb.
 

BornToRun

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 4, 2011
12,609
I wonder if we'll get another Twitter meltdown from Price if Texas holds on to win.
 

E5 Yaz

Transcends message boarding
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 25, 2002
62,269
Oregon

Shane

lurker
Nov 26, 2014
110
InsideTheParker said:
Makes me sad. He'll always be one of my favorites. Exchanging him for Gonzalez was an unmitigated disaster for the Red Sox.
But it did allow us to get rid of Crawford and Beckett.
 

Al Zarilla

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 8, 2005
50,898
San Andreas Fault
Harold says you think of Napoli with Boston in 2013 and you tend to forget he was with Texas and Anaheim before. Where the hell else was he, in the Mexican League?
 

Marciano490

Urological Expert
SoSH Member
Nov 4, 2007
39,007
Al Zarilla said:
Harold says you think of Napoli with Boston in 2013 and you tend to forget he was with Texas and Anaheim before. Where the hell else was he, in the Mexican League?
 
I think he just means Napoli looks so spry you forget 2013 wasn't his first year in the league.
 

kieckeredinthehead

Member
SoSH Member
Jun 26, 2006
8,167
InsideTheParker said:
Makes me sad. He'll always be one of my favorites. Exchanging him for Gonzalez was an unmitigated disaster for the Red Sox.
 
Agreed, I miss watching him play every day. It's mitigated a bit by them getting Swihart and JBJ as compensation picks when he left. 
 

foulkehampshire

hillbilly suburbanite
SoSH Member
Feb 25, 2007
5,062
Wesport, MA
InsideTheParker said:
Makes me sad. He'll always be one of my favorites. Exchanging him for Gonzalez was an unmitigated disaster for the Red Sox.
 
No, thinking Youkilis could shift back to 3B was the unmitigated disaster.
 
Gonzalez was great for the Sox, and the only reason they had to part with him was because they overrated Crawford and gave him a virtually unmovable contract. 
 

mikeford

woolwich!
SoSH Member
Aug 6, 2006
25,609
Toronto, ON
I know its a small sample size but David Price sucks in the playoffs. Giving up a homer to a scrub like Chirinos? 
 

E5 Yaz

Transcends message boarding
Lifetime Member
SoSH Member
Apr 25, 2002
62,269
Oregon
Did Price hit Odor the second time because of the play at second? Or was it general suckitude?
 

soxhop411

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 4, 2009
34,227
mikeford said:
Yes Harold, throwing away outs is the key to breaking open an inning.
 
 
SERENITY NOW
How did he get the job at fox? I would take anyone else 
 

soxhop411

Member
SoSH Member
Dec 4, 2009
34,227
mikeford said:
I would take a jabbering homeless man from the Common over Harold Reynolds
seriously. At times I put on the Spanish broadcast... I don't understand most of what they say, but at least its not making me stabby