Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Put It To Bed: KG Dying In Celtic Green

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 knucklecup

• hi, I'm a cuckold

• 4225 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Marc Spears on Twitter within the last ten minutes:

When asked if there was any team or circumstance that he would drop his trade clause for, Kevin Garnett simply said: "No."

"If its up to me I will live and die green," KG said. When reminded its
up to him, KG said: "OK then. So what are we talking about it?"

I couldn't be more thrilled.

All heart.

Edited by knucklecup, 16 February 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#2 radsoxfan

• SoSH Member

• 7697 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

If the Celtics came to him and said "we want to rebuild and have a trade in place for Pierce we are going to make.... will you be willing to go to the Clippers in a separate trade?".... I would be curious if he is still has the same response.

I appreciate the sentiment though.  Good to hear.

#3 Reardons Beard

• 1047 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Warrior.

kevin-garnett-celtics-east.jpg?w=610&h=4

#4 wutang112878

• SoSH Member

• 5583 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

If the Celtics came to him and said "we want to rebuild and have a trade in place for Pierce we are going to make.... will you be willing to go to the Clippers in a separate trade?".... I would be curious if he is still has the same response.

Exactly.  There is a reason there is a second version of that Clips deal, and I am sure its because Danny and KG talked about possibly trading him. 

Dont get me wrong, I love rooting for a guy like KG because of his attitude and his old school Celtics green mentality.  That said, lets not be delusional, there have been trade talks and KGs quotes do not mean he isnt getting moved. 

#5 lars10

• 1955 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Exactly.  There is a reason there is a second version of that Clips deal, and I am sure its because Danny and KG talked about possibly trading him. 

Dont get me wrong, I love rooting for a guy like KG because of his attitude and his old school Celtics green mentality.  That said, lets not be delusional, there have been trade talks and KGs quotes do not mean he isnt getting moved. 

Except can't he nix any deal?  Is he just going to say yes to make everyone else happy?

#6 wutang112878

• SoSH Member

• 5583 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yes he has a full no trade, I am just saying we need to take his comments with a grain of salt.  Remember he also said at one point that he was not coming to Boston, and once the situation changed so did his opinion.  The same thing could happen here.  Danny says 'Kevin, look I love you but I need to rebuild.  Let me send you to LA, you get another shot at a title and get to place close to home.  And I already have a deal in place for Paul to go to some non-exile team', in that situation I think he might say Yes.

#7 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16290 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

You can take KGs quotes in 2 different ways. Either he's staying in Boston no matter what or it will require the team to sweeten the pot in order to waive his no-trade. I think he's serious about not wanting to go anywhere regardless.

#8 knucklecup

• hi, I'm a cuckold

• 4225 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

He has another title chance here in my opinion.  And I agree with RO - I think he's very serious about not going anywhere.

#9 lars10

• 1955 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yes he has a full no trade, I am just saying we need to take his comments with a grain of salt.  Remember he also said at one point that he was not coming to Boston, and once the situation changed so did his opinion.  The same thing could happen here.  Danny says 'Kevin, look I love you but I need to rebuild.  Let me send you to LA, you get another shot at a title and get to place close to home.  And I already have a deal in place for Paul to go to some non-exile team', in that situation I think he might say Yes.

Well from what I've read..he came to Boston because Allen did...and his comments were before Allen was here.  He also seems to love the C's tradition...he's going to LA to play for the storied Clippers?  Especially after saying he'll die green?  I think I'm taking the exact opposite out of his quote than you are.

#10 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16290 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Clippers trying very hard.....

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Clippers confident they could change Kevin Garnett's mind about a trade if the Celtics tell him they want to do it, a source tells Y! sports

#11 BigSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 11820 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Clippers trying very hard.....

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Clippers confident they could change Kevin Garnett's mind about a trade if the Celtics tell him they want to do it, a source tells Y! sports

Interesting. A poster on realgm made a good observation that a 3-way deal between Atlanta, Boston, and LA may make sense (and works on trade checker). The basic framework would be:

Bos Trades: Garnett

Bos Receives: Josh Smith, Eric Bledsoe

Atlanta Trades: Josh Smith

Atlanta Receives: DeAndre Jordan

LA Trades: Eric Bledsoe & DeAndre Jordan

LA Receives: Kevin Garnett

Obviously, other pieces would have to be involved but if Ainge is serious about Josh Smith, I think this could be how he makes it work.

#12 wutang112878

• SoSH Member

• 5583 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Well from what I've read..he came to Boston because Allen did...and his comments were before Allen was here.  He also seems to love the C's tradition...he's going to LA to play for the storied Clippers?  Especially after saying he'll die green?  I think I'm taking the exact opposite out of his quote than you are.

Cant disagree with any of that, I just think that PR intelligent players dont tell the truth a lot.  Perhaps KG is so green deep down inside, and he knows this is his last year, that he is willing to leave and is saying this stuff to try to get more for the Celts?  This just reminds me of Pedro saying he 'never felt better' just as the team was negotiating a new deal with him or deciding if they should pickup his option, forget which it was.

Fortunately we will know in a week if these comments werent 100% sincere.

#13 ifmanis5

• SoSH Member

• 11502 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Meh. He said the same about dying a T'Wolf or some such. All of this is negotiable.

#14 Ed Hillel

• Wants to be startin somethin

• 42484 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

He said two weeks ago he'd accept a trade if Danny said it was for the better of the franchise. He'd do it.

#15 soxhop411

• SoSH Member

• 10157 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Keep being told by NBA source that the #clippers and #celticshaven't discussed KG and that Clips want no part of approaching luxury tax

#16 radsoxfan

• SoSH Member

• 7697 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Interesting. A poster on realgm made a good observation that a 3-way deal between Atlanta, Boston, and LA may make sense (and works on trade checker). The basic framework would be:

Obviously, other pieces would have to be involved but if Ainge is serious about Josh Smith, I think this could be how he makes it work.

It would be tough to say no to something like this, especially if you could dump Bass somehow in the same deal.

At the same time, I love KG and hate Josh Smith so it would be tough to swallow.  Plus I would want no part of resigning Smith to anything approaching a max contract.

#17 nighthob

• 2853 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Quite a few, Smith has a trade kicker which complicates matters, so Boston has to match the deal nearly dollar for dollar. And they'd still need a decent body at the 4/5 when it was over (i.e. not the 6'6" Bass).

EDIT: And that's not a criticism of the scenario, because in the highly unlikely event that it did occur that's largely how I'd see it going down as well. Just that Boston is going to have to chip in the Brazilians and maybe Sullinger so as to get Tolliver or Ivan Johnson back.

Edited by nighthob, 16 February 2013 - 05:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users