Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Is Merril Hoge drunk?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Merril Hoge drunk? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Merril Hoge drunk?

1. Totally blasted. (23 votes [57.50%])

Percentage of vote: 57.50%

2. That's just Hoge being Hoge, all s-o-b-e-r (17 votes [42.50%])

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SeoulSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 10642 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Either because of:

A) the oddly red face, nervous half-steps, neither in-nor-out hand in the pocket, or slurring through his last points

or 

B) picking Flacco as the best QB in the NFL

Edited by SeoulSoxFan, 05 February 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#2 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21363 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Forgot that - how about Big Ben over Peyton?  Fucking Steelers shill.

#3 Dollar

• 3088 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I was all ready to vote for "Just Hoge being his usual Hoge self" until the final minute of the video, where he appeared to be very drunk.  Maybe it was just his subconscious trying to come out and stop him from making the horrible points he was making, but it certainly looked like he was inebriated.

#4 SeoulSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 10642 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I was all ready to vote for "Just Hoge being his usual Hoge self" until the final minute of the video, where he appeared to be very drunk.  Maybe it was just his subconscious trying to come out and stop him from making the horrible points he was making, but it certainly looked like he was inebriated.

Yup. Start at 2:50 and go from there. I don't think he finishes one complete thought nor sentence. 

#5 Dan to Theo to Ben

• 3990 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Forgot that - how about Big Ben over Peyton?  Fucking Steelers shill.

Matt Ryan over Peyton is a little odd, too.

#6 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16367 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

If he's not drunk he's having a stroke. Considering he's Mormon and got his head smashed in as a fullback, I'm not ruling it out.

#7 lostjumper

• 913 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Cross posting what I put in the ESPN thread about this vid

Hoge actually says, "Flacco, the people around him, you could argue he doesn't have guys like Rodgers does".

Did he watch any of the playoffs??? Rodgers was running for his life. Flacco spent entire quarters untouched by the defense, and his receivers were big, strong and fast. Boldin and Smith had incredible playoffs. What planet does Hoge live on? You swap Flacco for Rodgers or Brady and that team wins the Superbowl by 50...

Also, Rapistburger over Manning is pretty insane.

#8 NickEsasky

• Code Name: Duchess

• 6767 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

I am more perplexed by the size of the knot in his tie. It's like a quadruple Windsor. Under his jacket that tie must be about 4 inches long. 

#9 Ed Hillel

• Wants to be startin somethin

• 41503 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

He picked Manning for MVP, too. Hilarious. Also, he's drunk.

"We're in the now", which is obviously why Big Ben is ahead of Manning.

#10 dcdrew10

• 902 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Not drunk, just after effect of concussions:

Merril Hoge: Concussion Nearly Killed Me In Locker Room

When I came to the sideline, I was never unconscious. My facemask has been bent. They were switching my facemask and realized cognitively I was not responding properly. ... They take me to the training room where I died -- I flat-lined. My heart stopped. In the process of trying to resuscitate me, I started to breathe again. Now, they rushed me to the emergency room. I was in ICU for two days, but it was after that I was basically trapped in my home for six weeks. You could not take me around the block, and I would not be able to find my way home because I did not have the cognitive skills. I had to learn how to read again. In fact, months later if you would sit me down and take the inventory of the day I would not be able to recite that to you. So, there is a lot of cognitive issues that I dealt with, and it took almost two years to overcome those particular issues.

#11 seageral

• 1235 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

I am more perplexed by the size of the knot in his tie. It's like a quadruple Windsor. Under his jacket that tie must be about 4 inches long. 

yup

http://deadspin.com/...tie-is-adorable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users