Oh yeah, also recommended that if you're iOS 6.0 now, you update to 6.1 before you jailbreak.
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
Important! Read me!
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If
something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete.
Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the
program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home
until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can't be
opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed
context menu, choose 'Open.' On the ensuing dialogue box, choose 'Open'
Edited by Omar's Wacky Neighbor, 04 February 2013 - 01:43 PM.