Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Loooooooch - Bring that man another doughnut

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13584 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

So amidst talk of being "fat" and "out of shape" and "not game ready", Lucic has put together a very impressive start to the season. 2 goals and an assist, a couple fights, and seems to be much more physical again.

He caused havoc in front of the net on Horton's game winner after making a nice play behind the net to keep the play going earlier in the shift and put in an impressive screen on Chara's goal last night. He seems from my unprofessional eye to be camping in front of the net more this year to pretty good success. And with Horton back healthy that line has been humming nicely. That warrants a thread in my book. Let's hope he can stay healthy and keep this up. 'Cause everyone loves doughnuts.

#2 The Four Peters

• can peacefully dougie off this mortal coil

• 11034 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

It was Krejci's gamewinner, but the point is well taken. My thoughts from the gamethread that I think apply here.

On top of it, the Krejci line is playing their best hockey in years, I haven't seen them all skating this hard and getting consistent sustained pressure in quite some time. They're back to being a force again, which can only mean good things.

#3 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 6005 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'll be honest, the first two games (even though he scored a nice goal) I thought he looked like shit. Making bad turn overs just inside the blue line, seeming out of place on defensive assignments, being a step slow on rushes, etc.

He's really turned it up over the last three though. 

I wonder if perhaps he's been so effective in front of the net as a byproduct of being slightly out of shape and not trying to run around the offensive zone as much.

Whatever it is, it's working so far. 

#4 The Four Peters

• can peacefully dougie off this mortal coil

• 11034 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

He's not out of shape at all. I think this is the best his wind and skating have looked since before the high ankle injury. He's moving his feet, getting hits, and forechecking well. The "out of shape" meme has not been proven out in the slightest (I know Nap was being tongue in cheek).

#5 Myt1

• thinks tim thomas is a dick-fil-a

• 19498 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

That assist wasn't just a nice play; he broke the guy's ankles to open the lane from behind the net.  The answer is obvious; Lucic's mass curves spacetime.

#6 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13584 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

It was Krejci's gamewinner, but the point is well taken. My thoughts from the gamethread that I think apply here.

D'oh! stupid NyQuil hangover

#7 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 6005 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

He's not out of shape at all. I think this is the best his wind and skating have looked since before the high ankle injury. He's moving his feet, getting hits, and forechecking well. The "out of shape" meme has not been proven out in the slightest (I know Nap was being tongue in cheek).

He may not be out of game shape anymore, but he even admitted he had some catching up to do at the beginning of camp.

http://espn.go.com/b...-time-for-lulls

“I feel like the week of practice with the guys before camp really helped me a lot and I feel like I am getting back to game shape,” Lucic said. “It really helps with guys like Tyler [Seguin], [David Krejci] and [Zdeno Chara] and all the other guys that have been playing overseas because I am forced to keep up the speed with them. I’m following their lead right now, but I think I am finally catching up to where I need to be. But those guys are helping me push harder and get myself ready for the start of the season. If I’m not there for whatever reason and can’t play my usual minutes, then I am on board for whatever Coach wants me to do.”

Edited by TheShynessClinic, 29 January 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#8 TheRealness

• Don't make him go all Lucic on your ash

• 8237 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

I think the fact he is healthy and has no soreness/injuries that are hampering him is why he's been more of a physical presence. When he gets injured, he plays through it, despite the effect it has on his game. I think the biggest thing for him is staying healthy and not having these nagging injuries from slowing him down. 

As for the Krejci line, I think their success can be tied to one person: Nathan Horton. He was tremendous last night, and has really gotten back to where he was (IMO) pre-concussion. That move he had on the Carolina defense on that 3rd goal was beautiful. With him playing at 100%, that is the Bruins top line right now. They've been awesome.

#9 Eddie Jurak

• Go Leafs Go

• 8788 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

Really nice return feed from Lucic to Krejci last night to set the stage for Horton's gamewinner.

Edit: Horton's game tying goal.

Edited by Eddie Jurak, 30 January 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#10 j44thor

• 4157 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

I would agree that all 3 are playing at a high level right now.  This is as good as Horton has looked since his playoff run during the cup season.  I think a lot of people forget that he was largely a disappointment during his first season as a Bruin disappearing for long stretches of time.

Looch definitely has brought his nastiness back.  I do hope he doesn't make a habit of dropping the gloves though since he is a lot more valuable just beasting in the corners and in front of the net.  Plus the right shot to his beak could lead to all kinds of breathing problems which I think contributed to inconsistent play the last couple seasons.

#11 NickEsasky

• Code Name: Duchess

• 6842 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

That assist wasn't just a nice play; he broke the guy's ankles to open the lane from behind the net.  The answer is obvious; Lucic's mass curves spacetime.

Plus it's easier to get hits when you have your own gravity. 

#12 Myt1

• thinks tim thomas is a dick-fil-a

• 19498 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

As we both know, I certainly know.  :)

It's not just Looch's physical game this year.  He is flying when that line gains the zone, either to give a passing option or crash the net.  And his inertia is a bitch.

Edited by Myt1, 31 January 2013 - 03:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users