Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Sickels Farm System Rankings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brianish

• 4,337 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

The Sox come in at #9, which I think we can generally agree is a fair ranking. He seems a little conservative on some elements (I've heard better reviews of Bradley for example) but suggests that the high-upside guys in the low minors could spur a quick climb.

9) Boston Red Sox (11): Very solid farm system. Strengths: Bogaerts can/will be an All-Star, and Bradley should be a strong regular. Good depth in Grade B-/C+ types. System could jump several spots next year if low-level sleepers (Cody Kukuk, Jose Vinicio for example) take a step forward. Weaknesses: some of the tools guys and livelier arms haven't developed as hoped.

http://www.minorleag...system-rankings

#2 pockmeister

• 305 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for posting that, an interesting read on the train to work. Is it just me or is Sickles being generally too kind to the majority of the systems? Even when reading down to say LAD at #19 or Milwaukee at #23, he still has plenty of positive comments. Is this a reflection of his writing style and general positive view of life and baseball prospects? It all just seemed a little too polite!

#3 gammoseditor

• also had a stroke

• 2,861 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for posting that, an interesting read on the train to work. Is it just me or is Sickles being generally too kind to the majority of the systems? Even when reading down to say LAD at #19 or Milwaukee at #23, he still has plenty of positive comments. Is this a reflection of his writing style and general positive view of life and baseball prospects? It all just seemed a little too polite!

He generally did strengths and weaknesses of most teams.  If a team is rated lower you can conclude that either their top guys are riskier, have lower ceilings, or the system has less depth.  He also usually notes which of these factors apply.  In the strengths section he's just highlighting top guys.  Most systems have top guys that if they reach their potential they are going to be pretty good.  

Edited by gammoseditor, 29 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users