Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Manti Te'o and His Totally Hot Girlfriend from Out of State

621 replies to this topic

#601 JohntheBaptist

• SoSH Member

• 7716 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I disagree.  I actually could buy that as a guy impersonating a girl.  I've never heard Ronaiah's actual voice so maybe its too naturally deep or whatever, but I have met plenty of gay men who presumably sound like this 24/7.  If the phone records are real, he'd have had a lot of practice.

I mean, itd be a longshot but still.

#602 bbc23

• 778 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

or it was recorded after the fact by Manti's reps to make him look better.

I'm leaning this way

Why in the hell would he have these voicemails still on his phone (when they are months old) when he supposedly didn't know she was fake until December?

#603 johnmd20

• voice of soccer

• 16086 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

or it was recorded after the fact by Manti's reps to make him look better.

If that is the case, he's really an idiot. Trying to bury all of these lies in another mountain of lies is only going to blow up in his face. There is no reason why that couldn't have been voice altering software.

#604 86spike

• Currently enjoying "Arli$$"

• 21951 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'm watching the Couric interview.  He does come off pretty believable... even if that means he's admitting to being incredibly gullible.

There was one odd exchange that felt forced to me, though.  She asked him if he's gay and he smirked and said "no... far from it (smirk) faaaaar from it." and the audience laughed.  It had a definite 'Thou Dost Protest Too Much' vibe.

#605 502 to Right

• brandon spikes: child destroyer

• 1201 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'm leaning this way

Why in the hell would he have these voicemails still on his phone (when they are months old) when he supposedly didn't know she was fake until December?

Because it was one of the last times, if not the last time, he ever heard from her.  She was supposed to have died that day or the next.

Hey, when this story first broke I was all for believing Manti orchestrated this hoax.  But I've seen enough to be pretty convinced he got duped.  He embellished his relationship with her (saying he had met her before) because he was embarrassed that he was that into a girl he had never met.  It happens--and not just to reclusive socially inept people.

#606 8slim

• SoSH Member

• 6126 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Twitter just blew up from his "far from it" comment.

I don't get why.  He's a Mormon and a jock.  I imagine homosexuality is incredibly icky to him.  Seems obvious that his comment was a way of saying "no friggin' way, I like the p*ssy, and I get TONS of it at Notre Dame".

Of course if you're already convinced this whole thing is a way for him to cover up his homosexuality I guess you'll read it a different way.

I don't believe that.  I just think he's remarkably dumb.

#607 bbc23

• 778 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Because it was one of the last times, if not the last time, he ever heard from her.  She was supposed to have died that day or the next.

Hey, when this story first broke I was all for believing Manti orchestrated this hoax.  But I've seen enough to be pretty convinced he got duped.  He embellished his relationship with her (saying he had met her before) because he was embarrassed that he was that into a girl he had never met.  It happens--and not just to reclusive socially inept people.

This explains the one from the night before she died (and I was going to clarify that single one in my original post).  One of them was from she was 1st going through chemo and the other was her crying about him having a girl in his room though, and those I seriously question.

#608 Trlicek's Whip

• 2932 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I disagree.  I actually could buy that as a guy impersonating a girl.  I've never heard Ronaiah's actual voice so maybe its too naturally deep or whatever, but I have met plenty of gay men who presumably sound like this 24/7.  If the phone records are real, he'd have had a lot of practice.

I mean, itd be a longshot but still.

I apologize if my contribution to this thread is wholly anecdotal wild-ass guessing.

But as one of the resident TG's on the board - and someone who has met, seen, and heard a lot of M2F transpeople speak - hundreds of good, bad and indifferent voices - that could totally and credibly be a man trying to sound feminine. Sometimes that's aided by hormones, but some people can naturally bring their voice up and over like that with practice. It's not always Monty Python or Mrs. Doubtfire screeching.

That's not to say that's what it is. It could just as well be voice recognition a paid actor etc. 

As for the layers of info being revealed, if one starts with the premise that Manti is lying about something, and that the reveal is too devastating for him to consider, then anything that sidesteps or dodges or avoids that admission or fact will seem more "truthful" no matter how ridiculous. 

Personally I knew I was TG from when I was 3-4. And even then I knew that what I was "doing" or feeling was something I had to keep to myself. I didn't officially come out for almost 30 years. Not telling anyone that became a priority, and something I was used to doing and good at doing. I learned how to keep that secret - in a manner of speaking - as a survival tactic around disapproving parents and a lack of an open-minded support network, and couched in the imagined shame and "backlash" I was afraid would occur if I did come out.

So dead girlfriend > fake girlfriend > male platonic friend impersonating girlfriend > boyfriend impersonating girlfriend isn't too ludicrous if you are never giving up that core tenet and used to keeping it covered your whole life.

And that's not to say Manti's gay. But the way the layers are peeling back is similar to my experience when I was outed, and subsequently came out.

Edited by Trlicek's Whip, 24 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#609 Monbo Jumbo

• notices black scientists

• 18620 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

I still think the play called in the huddle was "Mozart trouser role reverse."

His real-life boyfriend pretended to be a girl on twitter.  

#610 MentalDisabldLst

• Prefers spit over lube

• 13444 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I still think the play called in the huddle was "Mozart trouser role reverse."

Is that the one where the tight end runs to the post?

I just hope it doesn't lead to a quick out.

/these are too easy

#611 NDBoston

• 748 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'm sorry but this phone records "proof" is amazingly stupid.

I have ESPN on in the background, and they said that "the source" provided spreadsheets as proof of his phone records. Really? Spreadsheets? They couldn't have found some high school freshman who got a D- in photoshop and had him take a screenshot of his cell phone records and edit it?

If my wife said to me "I know you've been cheating on me. You've been calling your ex gf everyday for a month" and a week lateral b I provided SPREADSHEETS of my phone records, she'd file for divorce before I could say "look at this....."

Couric saw the actual phone bills and they match the spreadsheets according to the interview she did on the Dan Patrick show yesterday.

Edited by NDBoston, 25 January 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#612 lostjumper

• 913 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

I don't have a link for it, but on WEEI this morning Dennis and Callahan are reading a couple of stories that say Roni's younger cousin Toni(a girl) is the one on the phone calls.

#613 kneemoe

• 1917 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

I don't have a link for it, but on WEEI this morning Dennis and Callahan are reading a couple of stories that say Roni's younger cousin Toni(a girl) is the one on the phone calls.

same thing was on the today show this morning, some voice experts were one saying the VMs are definitely a woman.

#614 bbc23

• 778 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yep, apparently one of her cousins came out and said it was Tino who was in the voicemails

#615 Corsi

• Wes Chamberlain's Sasha Rockets

• 9170 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Dr. Phil just scored HUGE -- TMZ has learned, he's landed the first on-camera interview with the alleged mastermind behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax ... Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

Sources tell us, Phil and Ronaiah sat together for several hours yesterday in L.A., where they discussed Manti's interview with Katie Couric ... after watching the entire interview together.

According to sources, Phil's interview with Ronaiah is "emotional and deep." It's expected to air some time next week.

Ronaiah has yet to address the public about his alleged involvement in the Manti hoax -- even though Manti has already said Ronaiah privately confessed to concocting the whole thing.

TMZ broke the story ... Ronaiah had intense feelings for Manti -- feelings he channeled through the female persona of "Lennay Kekua" ... Manti's fake girlfriend

http://www.tmz.com/2...phil-interview/

#616 MentalDisabldLst

• Prefers spit over lube

• 13444 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

drphil.png

YOU CAN'T RUN A HOAX IF YOU'RE STILL LIVING WITH YOUR FOLKS!

#617 Trlicek's Whip

• 2932 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2...phil-interview/

I guess my thesis could still hold, only with Ronaiah instead of Manti in survival mode.

Already the way that the "intense feelings" TMZ snippet is framing and phrasing its language it appears Ronaiah is deep in the closet w/r/t lifestyle and possibly gender identity. 

Interesting to see if Manti was wholly unaware or not. 

#618 Average Reds

• SoSH Member

• 9947 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

drphil.png

YOU CAN'T RUN A HOAX IF YOU'RE STILL LIVING WITH YOUR FOLKS!

Well played.

#619 DukeSox

• Rick Derris

• 8154 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

so yeah, either they're gay or it's as my real-life story portrayed:  http://sonsofsamhorn...tate/?p=4511743

I nailed it.

#620 glennhoffmania

• Miracle Whipper

• 8383015 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

A California man said he created the hoax in which former Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o fell for a fake, online girlfriend because he was in love with the football player.

Tuiasosopo said he felt Kekua was a part of him, and grew feelings and emotions for Te'o that he could not control. He acknowledged that the hoax was cruel, but said it was never intended as a joke and that he got no financial gain from it.

"I pretty much had this escape of Lennay and this was where my heart had pretty much invested, not just time, but all of my energy went into this," he said.

"As twisted and confusing as it may be, yeah, I cared for this person," he said, referring to Te'o. "I did all that I could to help this person become a better person, even though I wasn't getting nothing out of it."

Link

This dude is fucked up.

#621 bbc23

• 778 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

So now Ronaiah is claiming to be "recovering" from homosexuality.  Just when this I thought this ordeal couldn't get more hilarious/bizarre 

#622 Morgan's Magic Snowplow

• SoSH Member

• 8704 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Hey SoxFan58!

Get over to the RealFantasy football thread and make a fucking pick dude!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users