Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

1/19 - Bruins vs Rangers - We're baaaaaaaaaaack

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

#651 RoDaddy

• 1241 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Good to see Horton back, and a reasonably poised Hamilton addition to the D. Barring major injury, this team could defintely be a powerhouse this year, but Rask will be the key

#652 McBride11

• 2804 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Kane, 24, avoided criticism over lack of tidiness because he stayed in an apartment with his mother, who cooked and cleaned for him during his stay.

From that Seguin article. WTH Kane? He flew is mother to Sweden to be his nanny?

#653 HomeBrew1901

• Has Season 1 of "Manimal" on Blu Ray

• 8280 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Isn't Kane the one with a drinking problem? Honest question, it makes sense if he is.

#654 NYCSox

• chris hansen of goats

• 6306 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Man I'm just glad to actually beat these fuckers for once. Three goals against Lundquist seems like about 20 against anyone else.

Edited by NYCSox, 19 January 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#655 FelixMantilla

• reincarnated mr hate

• 8520 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Who is this annoying woman broadcaster on NESN? Holy shit is she horrible.

EDIT: Leah Hextall. Definitely not a fan of her work so far.

Edited by FelixMantilla, 19 January 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#656 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

NESN announced Thursday that it has hired Leah Hextall as an anchor/reporter, and if that last name rings a bell, well, it should if you have any hockey bona fides whatsoever. Her grandfather is Hockey Hall of Famer Bryan Hextall Sr., and her cousin is Ron Hextall, a noted Bruins rival during his time as a feisty Philadelphia Flyers goaltender in the 1980s.
Hextall, who comes to NESN from CTV (Canada’s most-watched network), where she worked since 2005, has a wider view of sports than the one from the rink. She hosted her own sports radio program on which she interviewed amateur athletes and occasionally filled in on “SportsCentre’’ on TSN, Canada’s equivalent to ESPN.
“Not only is Leah an energetic personality on the air, but her well-rounded sports knowledge will allow her to take on many different assignments here at NESN,’’ said Joseph Maar, NESN’s vice president of programming and production/executive producer, in a statement.

#657 AMcGhie

• The Robinson Canoe of RMPS

• 1070 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Chara/Rask/Bergeron the 3 stars. Chara did have just a punishing game.

#658 locknload

• 699 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Just finished the game (kids mean I have to watch it on DVR) but a few takeaways pardon me if this was already hit on I jumped to the end of the thread:
1. Hamilton looked very good for a kid in his first game
2. That wasn't as sloppy as I expected given the huge layoff
3. This rangers team is tough to hate. They play like the bruins. D first, hard hitting, solid goaltending, guys who will answer the bell. I felt better when they had Avery on the team so I had a reason to trash them.

All in all great start. Glad we only have to play this team one more time before the playoffs.

#659 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 9374 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Good win to start the year. Nice to see them carry the play from start to finish against a Rangers team that has given them some fits in the past.

The 4th line looked as good as ever. I forgot how awesome they could be.

#660 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13236 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I like to win

Thought it was a very well played game for the most part. Could have easily had 5 or 6 goals. Always feels extra special to beat Lundqvist.

For the most part I didn't really notice Dougie. Which is a very good thing for a d-man making his first start. Looked good on the PP. And never noticed him terribly out of position or overmatched. Good start. 13:40 ice time which is about perfect. Wish it broke down how much of that was PP vs ES.

23:43 for Chara. 23:59 for Seids. Manly.

PKill was its normal awesome self. The 5-3 kill was so freaking huge. PP at least looked like a PP. IF they keep that up the goals will come.

Also, that was one hell of a nice pick by Seguin on Boychuk's goal. Glad they didn't get him for interference. Happy Birthday Johnny...

I'm tired. But me likey. Get 'em on Monday

#661 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13236 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Great win. Happy Opening Night everyone! See you on Monday.

I don't really know who you are, but after reading through the thread maybe take a chill pill or a hit or 3 before the game. K? Thxbye.

#662 TheStoryofYourRedRightAnkle

• 4563 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

-5.5 hours til game time!

#663 OldSaintJohn

• swansoned his way on the site

• 732 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

For the most part I didn't really notice Dougie. Which is a very good thing for a d-man making his first start. Looked good on the PP. And never noticed him terribly out of position or overmatched. Good start. 13:40 ice time which is about perfect. Wish it broke down how much of that was PP vs ES.

ESPN box score has it. Dougie was 9:15 ES, 4:25 PP

#664 Edelpeddle

• 273 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

I don't really know who you are, but after reading through the thread maybe take a chill pill or a hit or 3 before the game. K? Thxbye.

On second thought, I have no interest in coming back. Never would have guessed the hockey forum had the most sensitive posters.

#665 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 7888 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

Isn't Kane the one with a drinking problem?

Pretty sure that's pronounced "hockey player".

On second thought, I have no interest in coming back. Never would have guessed the hockey forum had the most sensitive posters.

Nah, people hate your main board work too. They're just quieter about it.

#666 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7155 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

I love it when people play the victim.

Edelpeddle is a good and funny poster. Did I do that right?

#667 HomeBrew1901

• Has Season 1 of "Manimal" on Blu Ray

• 8280 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

two wins in the same day? Sweet.

#668 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 5799 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Says the guy who is quitting because someone gave him a little constructive criticism.

Had to half-watch the game at a party last night. Every time I looked up it looked as if the Bruins were really carrying the play. I have to imagine a lot of that has to do with the conditioning level the B's are at right now. They may be a step ahead of most teams for the next week or two before the conditioning for the rest of the players levels out.

#669 jacklamabe65

• A New Frontier butt boy

• 5972 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Would not at alll be surprised if this was a preview of the Stanley Cup Semi- Finals. Henrik Lundqvist does scare the shit out of me though.

#670 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15202 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

There was a shift in the third that didn't lead to anything but was awesome stuff nonetheless. Bergy's line with Chara and Boychuk held the zone for awhile just by working harder. Z and JB took turns making smart and safe pinches to get it down low, while the forwards were first to the puck every time. Wasn't one of those epic three minute shifts or anything but I was thrilled to see that level of play late in the game with the lead.

Clean two goal win against a good opponent on opening night feels really fucking good. This team feels really fucking good.

#671 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13236 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Aw, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Here. I got you a card..
Spoiler

Stay. Go. Whatever, no skin off my back. But if you stay be a better poster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users