Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Google Docs replacement

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Yaz4Ever

• can't find anyone to sit with at games

• 8289 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm probably the last person to find out that Google Docs is no more - I rarely used it. I now need to share an Excel workbook in real-time with a colleague and tried to upload it to Google Docs only to find out it's been replaced by Google Drive.

What are people using now for sharing spreadsheets in real-time collaboration? Free is best, obviously, but if there aren't any good free options, I'll consider paid options as well.

#2 CoffeeNerdness

• 387 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

It's just been re-branded as Google Drive.

#3 Trautwein's Degree

• a Connecticut bicycle attorney in General Motor's Court

• 9923 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm pretty sure your answer is Google Drive. http://techland.time...dsheet-editing/

#4 Yaz4Ever

• 8289 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

CoffeeNerdness - I can't find a way to use spreadsheets with it, though. It seems to only handle Word documents. Then again, I'm very likely a moron.

#5 Yaz4Ever

• 8289 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'm pretty sure your answer is Google Drive. http://techland.time...dsheet-editing/

Thanks, Traut. As I told CoffeeNerdness, I'm obviously just a moron.

#6 bohous

• 1022 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yaz, if you just go to drive.google.com all of the docs and spreadsheets that were in Google Docs should be there. It's just been moved and re-branded as stated.

#7 dirtynine

• 2981 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

If you truly want a replacement, and Google Drive (which is just a rebranded and expanded Google Docs) isn't working for you, you can give Zoho Docs a try. They made a business model out of recreating (and in some cases improving on) Google Docs functionality. But I'd stick with Google for convenience purposes if you can.

#8 Jnai

• is not worried about sex with goats

• 9307 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

CoffeeNerdness - I can't find a way to use spreadsheets with it, though. It seems to only handle Word documents. Then again, I'm very likely a moron.

It still does spreadsheets just fine. Sign in, click Create, then click Spreadsheet.

#9 jercra

• 625 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

While I get that this is just a matter of not noticing that Google Docs was rebranded Google Drive, I'm surprised to see no one mention MS SkyDrive as a docs replacement. It's just as free and shareable as Google Drive but with all of the features of desktop Excel as far as I can tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users