Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Least Favorite NFL Players

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Oppo

• 380 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Terrible Thursday Night Game, so who are your least favorite current NFL players?

Mine all mostly due to being Patriots' rivals, over hyped, dirty, and/or trash talkers

1. Peyton Manning
2. Bernard Pollard
3. Ray Lewis
4. Terrell Suggs
5. Eli Manning
6. Bart Scott
7. Von Miller
8. Drew Brees
9. Big Ben
10. Ed Reed

#2 Dgilpin

• 3,634 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Aaron Rodgers
Lance Briggs
Jonathan Vilma

#3 amarshal2

• 2,718 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

You forgot Philip Rivers.

I don't hate Peyton anymore. Came to terms with him at some point. He's like Mariano Rivera. He's an incredible player who gets a ton of attention and adulation -- but he deserves it. And like Rivera, he's a classy guy and a good sport. Unlike Jeter, he's not mindlessly overrated (Gold Gloves???) and he doesn't give off the impression that he is pretending to be humble when he actually thinks he's the most greatest athlete ever on the inside.

#4 loshjott

• 3,789 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I assume current players.

Tuck/Uminyora/Pierre-Paul

Bernard Pollard
Big Ben

#5 Phragle

• wild card bitches

• 11,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

The Ravens

#6 Ralphwiggum

• 1,546 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Rapistburger more than anyone else and I'm not sure there is a close second.

I said I hated Manning in the other thread but honestly I feel more like amarshall does. Don't really hate him.

Eli
Suggs
Tomlinson but he's retired now

Edit: Flacco seems like an asshole
Cutler
Rivers

Edited by Ralphwiggum, 06 December 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#7 TheGoldenGreek33

• 1,934 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Jay Cutler.

#8 86spike

• Currently enjoying "Arli$$"

• 22,123 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Terrible Thursday Night Game, so who are your least favorite current NFL players?

Mine all mostly due to being Patriots' rivals, over hyped, dirty, and/or trash talkers

1. Peyton Manning
2. Bernard Pollard
3. Ray Lewis
4. Terrell Suggs
5. Eli Manning
6. Bart Scott
7. Von Miller
8. Drew Brees
9. Big Ben
10. Ed Reed

Von Miller? How can you hate Von Miller?

#9 collings94

• PipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Manning is more a rival then an enemy. Always hope you kick his ass, but you don't really hate him. In no particular order:

Darelle Revis- Media worships this guy, he's a great player, but everyone seems to be sucking the dick of a cornerback. Really?
Santonio Holmes- The injury and fumble/lateral to the 49ers might be my favorite play of the year.
Ray Lewis- The Ravens respected leader killed two people. That pretty much sets the tone for the Ravens.
Troy Polamalu- Phil Simms favorite player never gets called out on the gambling he does.
James Harrison- Dirty piece of shit.
Donkey Kong Suh- Same
Ben Rothelisberger- A rival like Manning, if only Manning was a giant douche bag.
Michael Vick- Annoying personality and overrated by the media.

#10 hunter05

• 4,944 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Von Miller? How can you hate Von Miller?

Easy.

http://youtu.be/33LpYPftfvw

#11 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 6,106 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Donkey Kong Suh- Same

This is only kind of racist.

#12 JJ17

• 44 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Incognito (I don't know why, but I hate him), Suh, Cutler, Rothlisberger and Rivers. Spikes as well, if I weren't a Patriots fan. That stupid little dance of his deserves a kick to the nuts.

#13 Dehere

• 2,440 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Mark Sanchez.

Ndamakung Suh. When he was drafted I actually thought he would be one of my favorite players to watch for a long time. I didn't see it coming at all that he would be one of the most dislikable players in the league.

Among coaches I really dislike Jim Schwartz and Jeff Fisher. I think they encourage dirty play and when they win it's actually bad for the game. They can't lose enough for me.

#14 54thMA

• 1,759 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

My list begins and ends with Suh, he's the dirtiest player I've ever seen.

He's a very bright guy and a great talent, why he chooses to play the way he does is beyond me.

#15 86spike

• 22,123 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Easy.

http://youtu.be/33LpYPftfvw

Alright I'll give you that one.

That said, I've watched a ton of his games these last two years and that was the only time I've seen him pull that chippy shit. He's not a dirty player and if he was on the Pats you would all worship him.

#16 Ralphwiggum

• 1,546 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Alright I'll give you that one.

That said, I've watched a ton of his games these last two years and that was the only time I've seen him pull that chippy shit. He's not a dirty player and if he was on the Pats you would all worship him.

No fucking shit. if this were not a Patriot board Tom Brady would be on every single one of these lists. That's sports.

#17 Fishercat

• Svelte and sexy!

• 4,493 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

I don't have many other people to add, but I will note

Ryan Clark: Hasn't found a cheap headshot he doesn't like. The fact that he couldn't play in Denver and that Pittsburgh lost on a deep pass last year gave me a lot of joy.
Richard Sherman: PEDs + Big Mouth about Brady
Joe Flacco: Outsized ego for an exceptionally inconsistent player. I know he was mentioned but I have no issue repeating.

#18 RGREELEY33

• 1,370 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

David Tyree

#19 86spike

• 22,123 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

No fucking shit. if this were not a Patriot board Tom Brady would be on every single one of these lists. That's sports.

LOL good point. Brady... That fucker.

#20 BannedbyNYYFans.com

• 3,152 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Terrell Suggs was high up on my list anyway but this story about him today just elevates him more.

http://profootballta...rms-last-month/

As part of ongoing domestic disputes involving Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and the mother of his two children, Suggs was required last month to surrender several firearms, according to Justin Fenton and Jeff Zriebiec of the Baltimore Sun.

“The guns were surrendered over to police pursuant to the court order, and they [Suggs and Candace Williams] are resolving their issues,” Suggs’ lawyer, Warren Alperstein, told the Sun. “All I can tell you is that he’s in rightful and lawful possession of the guns but turned them over pursuant to the requirements of the law.”

The catalyst for the recent order isn’t clear; however, the Sun reports that two 911 calls were made from Suggs’ address on November 21.

In 2009, Williams claimed in an application for a protective order that Suggs “threw a soap dispenser at her head, hit her in the chest with his hand, and held a bottle of bleach over her and their 1-year-old son.” The allegations were not investigated by the authorities

#21 Ferm Sheller

• 4,541 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Jovan Belcher

#22 ( . ) ( . ) and (_!_)

• T&A

• 2,269 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Really no one has mentioned Cromartie yet? Did I just miss it. I cannot think about a single redeeming quality if the guy. Someone asked me this same question about a month ago and without hesitation I said cromartie.

I'll second the Suggs and ray Lewis hate. Agree with the Peyton dislike (the whole 'golden boy, annointed before he won anything' thing always bothered me. And Vick. Vick just sucks the big one in every way.

#23 DanoooME

• SoSH Member

• 6,617 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

1. Ryan Clark, worst cheap shot artist in the league
2. Rapistberger, for all the obvious reasons
3. Philip Rivers, for his attitude and douchebaggery
4. Dashon Goldson, another cheap shot artist and a guy who runs his mouth too much
5. Tony Romo, just lame
6. James Harrison, another cheap shot artist
7. Cortland Finnegan, yet another cheap shot artist
8. Nate Burleson, former Seahawk who completely sucked in Seattle
9. Charlie Whitehurst, worst QB in Seattle history
10. Kelly Jennings, worst CB in Seattle history

Edited by DanoooME, 07 December 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#24 Ralphwiggum

• 1,546 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I don't have many other people to add, but I will note

Ryan Clark: Hasn't found a cheap headshot he doesn't like. The fact that he couldn't play in Denver and that Pittsburgh lost on a deep pass last year gave me a lot of joy.
Richard Sherman: PEDs + Big Mouth about Brady
Joe Flacco: Outsized ego for an exceptionally inconsistent player. I know he was mentioned but I have no issue repeating.

I have a hard time hating on anyone in the NFL over PEDs (really this applies to all sports, but particularly to the NFL). First, I sort of assume most players are on something. Second, the Pats have had their share of players nailed. Lastly, Rodney Harrison is one of my handful of favorite players ever.

#25 Helmet Head

• 1,249 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Who is better

Jets-Bills-Phins?

Raiders-KC-Bolts?

#26 Nator

• 1,395 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Bart Scott.

The most memorable play that bloviating windbag has ever made was when he threw a 2 seamer with the yellow flag in 2007 against the Pats.

Can some-one please let me know when this guy makes a play? Any play? What asshole.

Also, I wish Zach Thomas still played. That little rodent would get smashed into atomic particles by a guard for every time he made a great play on a stretch run to the sidelines. So many announcers gushed over that over-rated turd.

#27 Super Nomario

• SoSH Member

• 7,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Rae Carruth
Ray Lewis
Javon Belcher
O.J. Simpson
Owen Daniels

#28 BannedbyNYYFans.com

• 3,152 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Rae Carruth
Ray Lewis
Javon Belcher
O.J. Simpson
Owen Daniels

Owen Daniels would be thrilled to know he's on your list with four killers.

#29 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,871 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Michael Vick. Dog murdering piece of literal garbage. Should have been banned from the NFL for life for that scandal.

#30 86spike

• 22,123 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Michael Vick. Dog murdering piece of literal garbage. Should have been banned from the NFL for life for that scandal.

Agreed. His ongoing descent into permanent mush head status is deserved.

I used to hate Shawn Merriman. That fucking Lights Out dance was nauseating. Roid freak asshole. I love how far he fell.

Edited by 86spike, 06 December 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#31 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15,656 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Trying to come up with guys that don't play for teams whose players I hate unequivocally simply because they play for that team.

Dallas Clark
Polamalu
Michael Oher (breaking my own guidelines but this is a different kind of hatred)

Separate category:
Asante Samuel
Brandon Meriweather
Wes Welker
Logan Mankins (More as a representative)
Kyle Williams

edit: I find it interesting how my hatred of NFL players isn't nearly as nuanced as my hatred for players in other sports. It's much harder to watch players closely in football than in any other sport. There are several end-of-the-bench types in the NBA that I can't stand for a variety of absurdly detailed reasons which an NFL player could probably never approach.

Edited by Jed Zeppelin, 06 December 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#32 Bob Montgomery's Helmet Hat

• has big, douchey shoulders

• 12,981 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Ray Lewis. He's like the NFL's Kobe.

Edited by Bob Montgomery's Helmet Hat, 06 December 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#33 Oil Can Dan

• 4,938 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Alex Rodriguez.

#34 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 10,581 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Justin Tucker is a motherfucker
simply by not being Cundiff

#35 Fishercat

• Svelte and sexy!

• 4,493 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I have a hard time hating on anyone in the NFL over PEDs (really this applies to all sports, but particularly to the NFL). First, I sort of assume most players are on something. Second, the Pats have had their share of players nailed. Lastly, Rodney Harrison is one of my handful of favorite players ever.

I don't put someone on the list for PEDs. But for publicly disrespecting my favorite team's QB and then getting busted for PED usage a few weeks later? Yeah, no issue here for me

#36 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,626 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Bernard Pollard
David Tyree
Asante Samuel

Those 3 players cost the Patriots at least 2 Super Bowls and a shot at a 3rd with Pollard taking Brady out.

#37 Wilco's Last Fan

• 391 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Victor Cruz. I know it's tied to his love for his grandmother, but my grandma died too, and NBC doesn't pipe in salsa music whenever I accomplish something relatively minor.

Of course, that's partially because she was Italian.

#38 Oppo

• 380 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Add another former NFL-er Bobby Wade for helping derail 2006

Torrey Smith, the only person to ever lose a loved one ever

Edited by Oppo, 07 December 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#39 soxfan121

• minidope/racontuer

• 15,597 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

The Ravens

Yup. Every single one of those purple clad bastards, except for Brandon Ayanotlookingitup, who seems like a good person trapped on a team filled with dickheads.

And the Steelers. All of them.

Rae Carruth
Ray Lewis
Javon Belcher
O.J. Simpson
Owen Daniels

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things isn't even kind of the same...

#40 dynomite

• 4,688 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

I don't legitimately dislike many NFL players. For instance, I fear and wish ill upon the Giants and Ravens, but I respect players like Ed Reed and Justin Tuck immensely as football players.

I reserve my spite for dirty douchebags like...

Richie Incognito

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xB1bURiogw

Cortland Finnegan (ugh, the helmet pull followed by the mocking clap?)

Posted Image

James Harrison

Posted Image

And all around douchebags like Antonio Cromartie

Posted Image

#41 Adrian's Dome

• 2,617 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Eli - overrated and lucky. No better than Romo.
Suggs - asshole.
Scott - asshole.
Rivers - asshole.
Santonio - punk, and cries for flags more than any other player in the NFL.
Merriman - crying about Pats players mocking his sack dance a while back made my year.
Tomlinson - don't care that he's retired, when I have nightmares, it's usually "NO CLASS" playing 10,000 times on repeat in my head. He's also the poster boy of those fake, trash-talking, whiny, wannabe Charger teams of a few years back that always shrank in big moments.
Ward - also don't care that he's retired, that smug smile of his is the background in the above nightmare scenario.
Pollard - fuck you. Don't even care if any of it was unintentional.
Vick - forever a shithead in my eyes. I hope he goes bankrupt again.

If we can wheel it back a few more years, there's always a special place reserved for Freddie "I want to thank my hands for being so great" Mitchell.

Eeesh, that's a whole lot of hate out of the system right there.

Edited by Adrian's Dome, 07 December 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#42 ilol@u

• 1,800 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Bernard Pollard - Killed Brady, Welker and Gronk. You could argue he cost the Patriot's potentially 3 Superbowls.
Ndamakung Suh - I understand he is talented, but the cheapshots/dirty plays and classless plays just make me want him to suffer an career ending injury as karma.

Richard Sherman - Bitch ass cornerback on the Seahawks is really talking verbal shots to the greatest QB in the game? Really? + The Roids.
Mike Vick - The things he did were despicable and he is a piece of shit human being.
Ben Roethlisberger - Rapist.
Terrell Owens - Once again, talented as hell but way to selfish and he was a total attention whore.
Marvin Harrison - He was supposedly a quiet innocent dude, yet he retired as soon as allegations of him shooting somebody showed up. He seemed like a stuck up prick whenever he sat at a different bench then the rest of the Indy offense.

Albert Haynesworth - Total douchebag.
Every player on the Jets.

Edited by ilol@u, 07 December 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#43 Darnell's Son

• 4,551 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Oppo for starting an amazingly stupid thread that somehow got legs.

Edit: Oh, and Arian Foster, how can this dude get so much credit for being a mediocre RB with Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, and Matt Schaub being awesome. Seriously, Arian Foster, you suck.

Edited by Darnell's Son, 07 December 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#44 TheoShmeo

• made johnny damon think long and hard

• 8,293 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

Former player and former head coach, Tony Dungy.

What a sanctimonious bag of fecal matter. He stuck the knife in Belichick's back in the wake of SpyGate and plays the holier than thou card with the best of them.

The rest of my hate list has already been mentioned but I can't help but seconding LDT. What a clown. We all know that what he was simply upset about was the Patriots celebrating with just a little too much happiness for his tastes. Who cares where they dance after a win or whether they mock a dance that is itself somewhat mocking? A Pats fan on Sirius called him on his BS earlier this season and he defended his gratuitous shot at BB by saying that BB had said bad things about the Chargers earlier in the week and his team just continued the theme after the game. Yeah, the same Bill Belichick who elevates every member of the opponent to Canton in the days heading into each game supposedly took shots at the then dominant Chargers before a playoff game. That makes a lot of sense, LaDanian. One of the enduring images of last year's blow out win over the Jets at 16W Stadium was Edelman's take down of that little bastard near the end of the game.

#45 PhilPlantier

• 1,684 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Jay Cutler.

This. Everyone else is playing for douchebag silver.

#46 Eck'sSneakyCheese

• SoSH Member

• 8,685 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

1. Jay Cutler hands down. Biggest douchebag in the NFL.
2. Phillip Rivers is a close second
3. Suh (Was supposed to be a dominating player, instead pulls way too much cheap dirty shit)

1A. Jets (Every single one of them, especially Rexy)
1B. Giants (With a big FU to "I'm elite" Eli)
2A. Ravens (Except for Ed Reed, he's cool. Don't even care he's tried to decapitate half the team)

I used to hate Peyton, but for now that's overwith (the playoffs could definitely rehash this)
Used to hate the Colts too. Luck's too fun to watch right now.

Not current - Ladanian Tomlinson, Chad Johnson, Terell Owens (whiny bitches)

#47 Dick Pole Upside

• 3,415 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Eli - overrated and lucky. No better than Romo.
Suggs - asshole.
Scott - asshole.
Rivers - asshole.
Santonio - punk, and cries for flags more than any other player in the NFL.
Merriman - crying about Pats players mocking his sack dance a while back made my year.
Tomlinson - don't care that he's retired, when I have nightmares, it's usually "NO CLASS" playing 10,000 times on repeat in my head. He's also the poster boy of those fake, trash-talking, whiny, wannabe Charger teams of a few years back that always shrank in big moments.
Ward - also don't care that he's retired, that smug smile of his is the background in the above nightmare scenario.
Pollard - fuck you. Don't even care if any of it was unintentional.
Vick - forever a shithead in my eyes. I hope he goes bankrupt again.

If we can wheel it back a few more years, there's always a special place reserved for Freddie "I want to thank my hands for being so great" Mitchell.

Eeesh, that's a whole lot of hate out of the system right there.

This is a top shelf list. Only missing player for me is Ray Lewis. The murder thing really bugs me, as well as the phony-baloney "where's the camera" preaching... It's third grade bullshit...

#48 75cent bleacher seat

• 459 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Oakland Raiders

#49 collings94

• PipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Also retired, but he deserves a mention is Joey Porter. What a douche that guy was.

#50 Morning Woodhead

• 761 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Tony Dungy
Brett Favre
LDT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users