Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Patriots re-sign Stallworth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Corsi

• isn't shy about blowing his wad early

• 10,305 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

per LaCanfora

#2 E5 Yaz

• Transcends message boarding

• 26,799 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Edelman's foot/leg injury must be serious

#3 OldSaintJohn

• swansoned his way on the site

• 732 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Captain Obvious here, but Edelman must be out probably until the playoffs at best

#4 axx

• SoSH Member

• 5,041 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Edelman's foot/leg injury must be serious

Wonder if the roster move is Edelman to IR

#5 bluefenderstrat

• 918 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I wonder if Branch isn't injured as well--he's been on the "shadow roster' (still has a locker and all that) & I thought he would be the logical next guy up.

#6 Ed Hillel

• Wants to be startin somethin

• 45,232 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Too bad Edelman passed the concussion test. UGH.

#7 Prodigal Sox

• 130 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Captain Obvious here, but Edelman must be out probably until the playoffs at best

Or done for the year. Dave Roberts Shoes was concerned about a Lisfranc and he is pretty much infallible. I think I owe him ten dollars for mentioning his name .

#8 soxhop411

• SoSH Member

• 11,684 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

do we even have an update on Edelman?

#9 Carlos Cowart

• Land of Enchantment

• 5,178 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised by this - figured they'd go with Branch or Gaffney first. I love his effort after a catch so at the very least maybe they can put his locker next to Lloyd's so he might explain that you're allowed to run with the ball once you've caught it.

#10 Ferm Sheller

• 4,620 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

do we even have an update on Edelman?

BB will probably shed lots of light on the injury in his next PC.

#11 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 9,786 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Branch is apparently still hurt, and I believe Gaffney is facing a suspension. So Gaffney wouldn't have been an ideal short term replacement for Edelman.

#12 Morning Woodhead

• 790 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised by this - figured they'd go with Branch or Gaffney first. I love his effort after a catch so at the very least maybe they can put his locker next to Lloyd's so he might explain that you're allowed to run with the ball once you've caught it.

This was great.

#13 Dick Pole Upside

• 3,439 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

IIRC, Stallworth was pretty effective with bubble screens back in the day; as an Edelman replacement, McD may leverage the same skills as well as spell Lloyd outside the numbers

#14 Norm Siebern

• 2,855 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Welker to return punts?

Missing Edelman there is where this really hurts.

The downside to being versatile is that it seems to often put stress on body parts that players who stay in one position seem to avoid. That is my perception at least. It could change with more precise evidence. Would make an interesting study - do payrs who plavy multiple positions get hurt more often? Or is that a reflection that they are on the field more often?

#15 DaveRoberts'Shoes

• Aaron Burr

• 2,821 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Or done for the year. Dave Roberts Shoes was concerned about a Lisfranc and he is pretty much infallible. I think I owe him ten dollars for mentioning his name .

Infallible... Please, I'm blushing...

I'm worried about a Lisfranc only because that would be the worst possible likely foot injury - I didn't even see the play he got hurt on, so I can't even speculate in any meaningful way.

That being said, I'm always up for ten dollars.

We should have a much better idea tomorrow - if the corresponding move for activating Stallworth is not IR'ing Edelman, they must be anticipating his return at some point.

Edited by DaveRoberts'Shoes, 03 December 2012 - 10:52 PM.