There are currently 71 eligible teams for 70 available bowl slots. UConn and Pittsburgh can gain eligibility with wins next weekend, and would immediately gain bids to two games with Big East tie-ins (St. Petersburg and Birmingham). Right now I have Central Michigan left out of the picture. I'm guessing Ohio U (6th-best in MAC) and W. Kentucky (5th-best in Sun Belt) are the next two on the bubble.
|Date||Time||Network||Traditional Bowl Name||Location||Sponsor||Total Payout||Conference Tie-Ins||Team 1||Tec Team 2||Result|
|12/15/12||01:00 PM||ESPN||New Mexico Bowl||Albuquerque NM||Gilran||$912,500||MWC #5 vs. Pac-12 #7||Nevada||Arizona|
|12/15/12||04:30 PM||ESPN||Potato Bowl||Boise ID||Famous Idaho Potatoes||$650,000||WAC #1 vs MAC #3||Utah St||Toledo|
|12/20/12||08:00 PM||ESPN||Poinsettia Bowl||San Diego CA||S.D. County Credit Union||$1,000,000||BYU vs. MWC #2||BYU||San Diego St|
|12/21/12||07:30 PM||ESPN||St. Petersburg Bowl||St. Petersburg FL||Beef 'O' Brady's||$1,075,000||Big East #6 vs. C-USA #3||Ball St*||C. Florida|
|12/22/12||12:00 PM||ESPN||New Orleans Bowl||New Orleans LA||R+L Carriers||$1,000,000||C-USA #4 vs. Sun Belt||E. Carolina||LA-Lafayette|
|12/22/12||03:30 PM||ESPN||Las Vegas Bowl||Las Vegas NV||Maaco||$2,200,000||MWC vs. Pac-12||Boise St||Washington|
|12/24/12||08:00 PM||ESPN||Hawaii Bowl||Honolulu HI||Sheraton||$1,300,000||C-USA vs. MWC #4||SMU*||Fresno St|
|12/26/12||07:30 PM||ESPN||Motor City Bowl||Detroit MI||Little Caesars Pizza||$1,500,000||MAC #1 vs. Big Ten #8||C. Michigan||W. Kentucky*|
|12/27/12||03:00 PM||ESPN||Military Bowl||Washington DC||Northrop Grumman||$2,000,000||Army / C-USA #5 vs. ACC #8 / MAC #4||Bowling Green*||San Jose St*|
|12/27/12||06:30 PM||ESPN||Queen City Bowl||Charlotte NC||Belk||$3,400,000||ACC #5 vs. Big East #3||Duke||Cincinnati|
|12/27/12||09:45 PM||ESPN||Holiday Bowl||San Diego CA||Bridgepoint Education||$4,150,000||Big 12 #5 vs. Pac-12 #3||Baylor||UCLA|
|12/28/12||02:00 PM||ESPN||Independence Bowl||Shreveport LA||AdvoCare V100||$2,300,000||ACC #7 vs. SEC #10||Ohio U*||LA-Monroe*|
|12/28/12||05:30 PM||ESPN||Sunshine Classic||Orlando FL||Russell Athletic||$4,550,000||ACC #3 vs. Big East #2||VA Tech||Rutgers|
|12/28/12||09:00 PM||ESPN||Texas Bowl||Houston TX||Meineke Car Care of Texas||$3,400,000||Big Ten #6 vs. Big 12 #6||Minnesota||Texas Tech|
|12/29/12||11:45 AM||ESPN||Armed Forces Bowl||Dallas TX||Bell Helicopter||$1,200,000||C-USA #2 vs. Air Force / MWC #3||Rice||Air Force|
|12/29/12||03:15 PM||ESPN||Pinstripe Bowl||Bronx NY||New Era||$3,600,000||Big East #4 vs. Big 12 #7||Syracuse||W. Virginia|
|12/29/12||04:00 PM||ESPN2||Emerald Bowl||San Francisco CA||Kraft Fight Hunger||$1,675,000||Navy / ACC #9 vs. Pac-12 #6||Navy||Arizona St|
|12/29/12||06:45 PM||ESPN||Alamo Bowl||San Antonio TX||Valero||$6,350,000||Big 12 #3 vs. Pac-12 #2||Texas||Oregon St|
|12/29/12||10:15 PM||ESPN||Copper Bowl||Tempe AZ||Buffalo Wild Wings||$6,650,000||Big 12 #4 vs. Big Ten #4/#5||TCU||Michigan St|
|12/31/12||12:00 PM||ESPN||Music City Bowl||Nashville TN||Franklin American Mortgage||$3,725,000||ACC #6 vs. SEC #7||NC State||Vanderbilt|
|12/31/12||02:00 PM||CBS||Sun Bowl||El Paso TX||Hyundai||$4,000,000||ACC #4 vs. Pac-12 #4||GA Tech||USC|
|12/31/12||03:30 PM||ESPN||Liberty Bowl||Memphis TN||AutoZone||$2,875,000||C-USA #1 vs. Big East / SEC #8/#9||Tulsa||Iowa St|
|12/31/12||07:30 PM||ESPN||Peach Bowl||Atlanta GA||Chick-Fil-A||$6,900,000||ACC #2 vs. SEC #5||Clemson||LSU|
|01/01/13||12:00 PM||ESPN2||Gator Bowl||Jacksonville FL||TaxSlayer.com||$5,450,000||Big Ten #4/#5 vs. SEC #6||Northwestern||Mississippi St|
|01/01/13||12:00 PM||ESPNU||Heart of Dallas Bowl||Dallas TX||PlainsCapital Bank||$2,200,000||Big Ten #7 vs. Big 12 / C-USA||Purdue||Oklahoma St|
|01/01/13||01:00 PM||ESPN||Hall of Fame Bowl||Tampa FL||Outback||$7,000,000||Big Ten #3 vs. SEC||Michigan||S. Carolina|
|01/01/13||01:00 PM||ABC||Tangerine Bowl||Orlando FL||Capital One||$8,500,000||Big Ten #2 vs. SEC #2||Nebraska||Georgia|
|01/01/13||05:00 PM||ESPN||Rose Bowl||Pasadena CA||Vizio||$36,000,000||Pac-12 #1 vs. Big Ten #1||Stanford||Wisconsin|
|01/01/13||08:30 PM||ESPN||Orange Bowl||Miami FL||Discover||$36,000,000||ACC #1 vs. BCS||Florida St||N. Illinois|
|01/02/13||08:30 PM||ESPN||Sugar Bowl||New Orleans LA||Allstate||$36,000,000||SEC #1 vs. BCS||Florida||Louisville|
|01/03/13||08:30 PM||ESPN||Fiesta Bowl||Glendale AZ||Tostitos||$36,000,000||Big 12 #1 vs. BCS||Kansas St||Oregon|
|01/04/13||08:00 PM||FOX||Cotton Bowl||Arlington TX||AT&T||$7,250,000||Big 12 vs. SEC||Oklahoma||Texas A&M|
|01/05/13||01:00 PM||ESPN||Birmingham Bowl||Birmingham AL||BBVA Compass||$1,925,000||Big East #5/C-USA vs. SEC #8/#9||Pittsburgh||Ole Miss|
|01/06/13||09:00 PM||ESPN||Mobile Bowl||Mobile AL||GoDaddy.com||$1,500,000||MAC #2 vs. Sun Belt #1||Kent St||Arkansas St|
|01/07/13||08:30 PM||ESPN||National Championship||Miami FL||Discover||$44,000,000||BCS #1 vs. BCS #2||Notre Dame||Alabama|
The projections are obviously subject to change based on next weekend's game results, available expert analysis on Al Gore's internet, and input from posters here. Boldface type indicates a secured bid. An asterisk (*) denotes a team taking a spot where a conference didn't have enough teams to fill it.
* Ohio State, Penn State, Miami FL and North Carolina are bowl-ineligible despite having at least 6 wins.
* Georgia Tech hasn't technically qualified yet, but I'm including them since they'll likely be granted an eligibility waiver. Losing the ACC title game to FSU would put them at 6-7, and the waiver would be needed with a sub-.500 record. The NCAA is almost certain to grant it due to both UNC and Miami being out of the picture, plus there's precedent (UCLA was 6-6 heading into last year's Pac 12 championship).
* BCS Priority: The order of selection this year is Fiesta, Sugar, Orange. However, bowls that lose host conference champions to the BCS title game get to replace those teams before other selections are made, so the Sugar will pick first to replace Alabama.
* Once BCS slots are filled, the Tangerine (Capital One) picks from the remaining SEC teams. After that, the Cotton has first preference of remaining teams from the SEC West, while the Hall of Fame (Outback) has first choice from the SEC East. The Peach (Chick-Fil-A) and Gator are next in the SEC pecking order.
* BYU, Navy and Air Force have individual tie-ins to the Poinsettia, Emerald (Kraft) and Armed Forces bowls.
* Army and Hawaii failed to qualify for their tied-in slots at the Military and Hawaii bowls respectively. Army can be replaced by any other qualified at-large team, while the 3rd-place Mountain West team goes to Hawaii.
* Payout amounts are totals for both teams based on currently available information. Corrections and updates are welcome. In most cases, the two teams in a non-BCS bowl will receive unequal payouts, since the conferences have different methods by which bowl money is divided among its membership. Some bowl agreements call for higher payouts to one conference than the other, depending on such factors as which is the "host" conference.
Edited by mabrowndog, 02 December 2012 - 09:21 PM.