Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

11/15 - Celtics @ Nets

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

#151 bball831

• 4498 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Oh god. Shitty rebounding and shitty clutch FT shooting.

#152 stp130

• 639 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Awful rebounding in the first half, awful execution down the stretch.

#153 JakeRae

• SoSH Member

• 5287 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Why would they intentionally miss there? The only real hope was a steal. There wasn't enough time for a rebound, score, foul, and score again.

#154 Rudy Pemberton

• Just a string of characters

• 28121 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

It's a bad sign when Courtney Lee is your leading rebounder

#155 JakeRae

• SoSH Member

• 5287 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Avery Johnson..... what a fucking moron. Fouling up by 4? With 19 seconds left?

I don't think he grasps the concept of fouling when you are winning. You do it up by 3, with not much time left.

It's unorthodox, but I'm not convinced it is wrong.

#156 radsoxfan

• SoSH Member

• 7680 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

It's unorthodox, but I'm not convinced it is wrong.

When you are fouling 80%+ FT shooters I have a feeling it is. Just extending the game to create more possessions and giving your team a chance to miss FTs to make it a one possession game.

Why create a FT shooting contest when you don't have to and its already a 2 possession game?

Edit: I freely admit part of the reason I think its dumb is that Avery Johnson is a moron so I assume he isn't doing some genius unorthodox strategy of fouling no one else has thought of

Edited by radsoxfan, 15 November 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#157 JakeRae

• SoSH Member

• 5287 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Bass with a -23 on the night. Wilcox was +16.

#158 JakeRae

• SoSH Member

• 5287 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

When you are fouling 80%+ FT shooters I have a feeling it is. Just extending the game to create more possessions and giving your team a chance to miss FTs to make it a one possession game.

Why create a FT shooting contest when you don't have to and its already a 2 possession game?

Because you have the best FT shooter and a big head start?

A FT shooting contest takes out the biggest risk of the gap getting closed, which is threes.

#159 radsoxfan

• SoSH Member

• 7680 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Because you have the best FT shooter and a big head start?

A FT shooting contest takes out the biggest risk of the gap getting closed, which is threes.

No assurances Williams gets to shoot the FTs. But anyway, I'd be curious to see the win probability in that situation.

Fouling a bad FT shooter I can certainly see, but fouling Pierce or Terry just seems like an easy way to give the Celtics a chance at having the ball with a shot to tie.

#160 Stu Nahan

• 3809 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Terrible on the boards and terrible execution in the last five minutes. Refs didn't help but the C's can blame themselves for this loss.

#161 geoduck no quahog

• SoSH Member

• 5562 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

Edit: I freely admit part of the reason I think its dumb is that Avery Johnson is a moron so I assume he isn't doing some genius unorthodox strategy of fouling no one else has thought of

Didn't the announcer mention that the Nets were out of time outs...and that Avery was fouling so he could set up his team?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users