Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

David Ross Signs with Boston per Rosenthal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrone Biggums

• nfl meets tri-annually at a secret country mansion in colorado,

• 3,558 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Free-agent catcher David Ross agrees to two-year deal with #RedSox, pending physical.

Interesting

Welcome back David! Best backup catcher in MLB

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal

Edited by Tyrone Biggums, 10 November 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#2 rglenmt

• Pip
  • 526 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Welcome back David. Think this is a smart signing. Did a great job for Braves and expect it means either Salty or Lavarnway will be moved for trade value. I bet, if Salty is in camp in 2013, Saltry will be given a 1B Glove. Salty's HR numbers in 2012 were impressive until rest of offensive stats are looked at.

#3 Trotsky

• 820 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

I hope (and think) it's Salty more than Lavarnway that they're likely to get rid of. I think Jarrod's trade value is a bit lower right now than they would like it to be, but I think there may also be some character issues they're addressing in trying to remove him now rather than later.

Edited by Trotsky, 10 November 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#4 BobbyVsToiletSeat

• 161 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I don't have an issue with this provided Salty is shown the door and not Lavarnway

#5 Eck'sSneakyCheese

• SoSH Member

• 8,685 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

So long Salty. This is a great move and gives us some needed depth especially defensively behind the plate. Did a great job in ATL subbing in for McCann. Psyched the moves have already started. Can't wait to see how the rest of the team is constructed.