Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Galaxy Note II?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 CoRP

• 4,178 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Is there anyone besides me interested in this "phablet?"

Zach Epstein of The Boy Genius Report reviews it here

I have big hands so I will look less stupid than most of you when I hold it and it will look like an iPod next to my cock. Outside of the potential unwieldiness, this is currently the most kick-ass phone on the planet. It goes on sale for $299 with contract ($699 without) this month. Is it expensive? Yep. Will it fit in your jeans? Yep.

Discuss.

Edited by CoRP, 07 November 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#2 MalzoneExpress

• Thanks, gramps.

• 685 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

My Captivate is getting long in the tooth and I have been seriously considering the Note II. It seems like a way to get some tablet capability on a phone. It will either be awesome or a poor compromise. In any event I won't make any decisions until I can get a close look at one.

Oh,I just noticed that you misspelled iPad.

#3 SeoulSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 11,705 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

I got mine on the day it came out.

It's the most beautiful I've ever had in my hands (as far as electronic gadgets go, that is).

Let me count the ways:
  • Yeah it's big, but not uncomfortable, and fits all pockets just fine
  • The big screen is such a joy to look at - mobile browsing rocks
  • Really smooth and fast. Faster in logging onto Wi-fi, switching from app to app, navigation, everything
  • Amazingly light for what it is, and for the first time, I'm not worrying about battery life with heavy use
What's the most surprising thing? The S-Note & the pen. This was the least of my factors in choosing GN2, but it's become my favorite. I'm jotting down ideas, sketching out new designs, making notes all the time. Pen is now pressure-sensitive, the hover thing works better than it really should, and just works.

Jelly Bean rocks on this as well. S-Voice is a mixed back, but the new Google Voice & Now blows Siri out of the water.

On T-Mobile (I switched from Verizon, thanks to posters endorsements on a separate thread), ask for the business plan/deal and pay the device all at once. That's what we did (about $420 per device) and no more $20/mo "installment" payments. That saved me about $200+ in device cost.

I just can't be happier with this, and waiting for my wife's white version to come out in a month of so.

#4 PaulinMyrBch

• Don't touch his dog food

• 5,187 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Oh,I just noticed that you misspelled iPad.

Gold!

#5 CoRP

• 4,178 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

What's the most surprising thing? The S-Note & the pen. This was the least of my factors in choosing GN2, but it's become my favorite. I'm jotting down ideas, sketching out new designs, making notes all the time. Pen is now pressure-sensitive, the hover thing works better than it really should, and just works.

This is one of the main reasons I want it. I want to eliminate little notes that I scratch out on post-its. I can't wait to get it. It went on sale a month ago overseas and I have been waiting patiently. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to pay full price to maintain my unlimited data plan with Verizon or just pay $299 since I have an upgrade available.

Gold!

Agreed.

#6 SeoulSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 11,705 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

F*ck me. Went out on a walk with my dog, and had to use 2 hands to change the podcast I was listening to. Our pup sees deer (there are ton in my neighborhood) and yanks the leash & the Note 2 right out of my hands.

It hits the pavement, and I fully expected a cracked screen. Thankfully(?), it just left a couple of ugly scrapes on top & bottom corners. It sucks to have the case have visible marks so soon after I got it, but I am quite happy that no other damage was done, especially to the screen.

#7 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 8,473 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

I handled a GNote 2 today. Beautiful device. Really like the stylus. But it's $729 and has a locked bootloader, which puts it fully in "you're joking, right?" territory.