Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Sox minor leaguer starts Hurricane Sandy relief fund

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 38,403 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Sox catcher Jayson Hernandez, who played with Salem & Portland this year in an injury-riddled season, posted this on Twitter.

I've emailed him for more info on how to donate and will update the thread when I receive it, but I thought this was main board worthy given the urgency of the situation. Kudos to Jayson for undertaking this effort.

Posted Image

#2 Dick Pole Upside

• 3,415 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Anthony Ranaudo has picked up on this as well on Twitter and is pledging 10 cents per re-tweet...

@anthony_ranaudo: For every RT this gets this weekend, I will donate 10cents to the relief effort. Help my home state out! Read this--> http://t.co/MPV5vEmB

#3 Buck Showalter

• SoSH Member

• 5,011 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

This is all kinds of awesome.....

Thanks for posting this.

#4 mabrowndog

• 38,403 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

From Jayson:

"Thanks for reaching out! Within the next day or so I will be creating a website for people to donate and take a look at our cause. When this is completed it would be great if you could spread it any way you can. Thank you very much again for the support!"

#5 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 22,559 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

This is awesome. No idea what kind of prospect he is. If he's marginal, this will surely get him remembered when it's time for him to be released, and I bet a team will give him a coaching or instructor position just to have a guy who "gets it" on the team.

#6 BoSoxLady

• Rules Red Sox Nation with an Iron Fist

• 2,941 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

PayPal in the interim: [email protected]

#7 SoxLegacy

• 554 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Very admirable and very much needed. I just returned from a trip up to the Jersey Shore where I have a number of family and friends. The devastation is beyond belief.

#8 sittingstill

• 1,319 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

@anthony_ranaudo: For every RT this gets this weekend, I will donate 10cents to the relief effort. Help my home state out! Read this--> http://t.co/MPV5vEmB

Pat Light, Red Sox 2012 supplemental first round pick out of Monmouth University, is also contributing for re-tweets. Really happy to see players early in their pro careers getting involved.

#9 mabrowndog

• 38,403 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

A Facebook page has been created. Web site should be up tomorrow according to Jayson.