Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

I'm working on moving the site to a new server.  If it's down for an hour or two, it's just me testing.

Photo

Sox minor leaguer starts Hurricane Sandy relief fund

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 39728 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Sox catcher Jayson Hernandez, who played with Salem & Portland this year in an injury-riddled season, posted this on Twitter.

I've emailed him for more info on how to donate and will update the thread when I receive it, but I thought this was main board worthy given the urgency of the situation. Kudos to Jayson for undertaking this effort.

Posted Image

#2 Dick Pole Upside

• 3741 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Anthony Ranaudo has picked up on this as well on Twitter and is pledging 10 cents per re-tweet...

@anthony_ranaudo: For every RT this gets this weekend, I will donate 10cents to the relief effort. Help my home state out! Read this--> http://t.co/MPV5vEmB

#3 Buck Showalter

• SoSH Member

• 5054 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

This is all kinds of awesome.....

Thanks for posting this.

#4 mabrowndog

• 39728 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

From Jayson:

"Thanks for reaching out! Within the next day or so I will be creating a website for people to donate and take a look at our cause. When this is completed it would be great if you could spread it any way you can. Thank you very much again for the support!"

#5 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 24241 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

This is awesome. No idea what kind of prospect he is. If he's marginal, this will surely get him remembered when it's time for him to be released, and I bet a team will give him a coaching or instructor position just to have a guy who "gets it" on the team.

#6 BoSoxLady

• Rules Red Sox Nation with an Iron Fist

• 3017 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

PayPal in the interim: [email protected]

#7 SoxLegacy

• 607 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Very admirable and very much needed. I just returned from a trip up to the Jersey Shore where I have a number of family and friends. The devastation is beyond belief.

#8 sittingstill

• 1380 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

@anthony_ranaudo: For every RT this gets this weekend, I will donate 10cents to the relief effort. Help my home state out! Read this--> http://t.co/MPV5vEmB

Pat Light, Red Sox 2012 supplemental first round pick out of Monmouth University, is also contributing for re-tweets. Really happy to see players early in their pro careers getting involved.

#9 mabrowndog

• 39728 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

A Facebook page has been created. Web site should be up tomorrow according to Jayson.