Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

Happy Patriots Day.  I expect some heavy usage today so please if there are any problems just let me know via twitter @sonsofsamhorn.  thanks folks.  nip

Photo

Season Ticket Holders offered chance to Hit at Fenway

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#51 StatGeekNY

• 215 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

from what i saw, they didn't check how many guests were with you (but for the record, we said three and showed up with three.....) when you get to the door they send the hitter off to one side to register and the guests off to the other to wait for the hitter. Once you're registered, the whole group goes through together. Down through the visitors club house. up the tunnel to the dugout, onto the field where you can take pictures/video, over to the sox dugout and out their runway. They then send you up into the seats on the 1B side and around to the 3B concourse where the trophies were out. from there you can go up to the monster. We also saw folks up on the RF roof deck, but we didn't venture up there. It seemed like you pretty much had the run of the ballpark.

#52 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 21624 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Considering the forecast for tomorrow evening/night, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no on field hitting. BSL and I are going at 11AM, hope it's not raining yet!

#53 tonyandpals

• 3233 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Weather looks like it's going to hold for most of the day Sunday. I'm on at 10am and looking forward to it!

#54 BoSoxLady

• Rules Red Sox Nation with an Iron Fist

• 2867 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Weather looks like it's going to hold for most of the day Sunday. I'm on at 10am and looking forward to it!

Cold but beautiful morning, so it looks like we're good to go. We'll probably see you inside!

BTW....I'm giving up my AB to Lose. NFW I would ever get the bat on the ball and more importantly, it meant so much to Lose when I invited him. :love:

Edited by BoSoxLady, 07 October 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#55 Lose Remerswaal

• 21624 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Cheri really is the awesomest of awesome people.

#56 Lose Remerswaal

• 21624 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

OK, now that was AMAZING!

In addition to the features previously listed, they also had you go through the Red Sox Clubhouse after you had finished your turn at bat. You could only go in one corner of it from the dugout runway, to the exit, but you could see the whole thing (not that there is that much to see), but it was a nice bonus.

A very well run program over there. Lines were minimal, they announced your name as you headed up to bat, and they showed your swings on the big screen. All the Fenway employees were very friendly and helpful -- they had folks from every part of the organization (Tickets, Security, Ushes, Ambassadors, etc, etc). Only one concession stand open, under section 30 where they had the trophies set up. And they also had the Dunkin stand behind the trophies open, so every photo has their logo in it.

Was great to see Tonyandpals (he hung around after his turn), and AMH03 took a crapload of pictures, some of which I'm sure will be popping up here soon.

#57 amh03

• Tippi Hedren

• 4265 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

It was GREAT fun seeing Peter & Cheri!! Have to say, the Sox are doing this thing right...it's a really nice way of saying thank you to the Fenway faithful. As Peter suggested, I took lots of pics...here are a few:

First, they had some uniforms setup in the Visitor's Clubhouse:
Posted Image

And here's a view of the Sox clubhouse...Cheri & I were surprised to see how much stuff was still in there...seemed as if very few have emptied their locker:
Posted Image

Cheri & Peter taking control of things:
Posted Image

I think they'd make a great manager and bench coach:
Posted Image

Of course, if Cheri was the Manager, they might have to resize that bench (her feet didn't touch the ground!):
Posted Image

The long, lonely walk away:
Posted Image

We agreed the caption for this pic should be "The Streak Continues":
Posted Image

#58 Hendu's Gait

• 3/5's member

• PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

wow, those pictures are AWESOME. Huge thanks to Anne, Peter, and Cheri.

#59 HangingW/ScottCooper

• 992 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I went tonight, it went incredibly well. They allowed both my father and I to hit, it was well staffed and everyone was being incredibly polite. I really hope they do this on a regular basis.

Edit: Just watched the video that my wife took, the 4th ball I hit made it to the wall, presumably on a bounce or two.

Edit #2: It's kind of hard to tell but the "ball off the wall" happens at 40-42 seconds

Edited by HangingW/ScottCooper, 07 October 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#60 Leon Trotsky

• 1506 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

I hit late on Friday. To echo others, it was a flat out spectacular event. Just to wander the ballpark when it was 99% empty was pretty cool. I was pleased to get a couple ringing singles.

FTR, I asked the guy taking names for the announcer if anyone had hit the wall on the fly and he said not a one all day. About 15 minutes after that, one guy hit one deep and it hit about 2 feet up on the monster scoreboard. That was by FAR the most impressive hit I saw the hour I was there. Most of the Joe Schmoes around here who think they can hit one out of the place are delusional.

#61 HangingW/ScottCooper

• 992 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

I hit late on Friday. To echo others, it was a flat out spectacular event. Just to wander the ballpark when it was 99% empty was pretty cool. I was pleased to get a couple ringing singles.

FTR, I asked the guy taking names for the announcer if anyone had hit the wall on the fly and he said not a one all day. About 15 minutes after that, one guy hit one deep and it hit about 2 feet up on the monster scoreboard. That was by FAR the most impressive hit I saw the hour I was there. Most of the Joe Schmoes around here who think they can hit one out of the place are delusional.

I honestly couldn't tell where mine hit. It definitely hit the monster, but I don't think it was on the fly. I hit around 6:00-6:30 or so.

#62 amh03

• Tippi Hedren

• 4265 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

After Cheri & Peter departed, I hung out for a little bit...basically, any chance I have to take pictures around Fenway, I'm likely to grab the opportunity. With so few people in the park it did allow for a little more creativity...hope you enjoy these:

Empty Seats

The Green Fields of the Mind

Silent Bats

#63 ookami7m

• 4036 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Holy cow those are great shots amh - I may have a new background for my phone's lock screen :)

#64 Rossox

• 1552 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Agreed, those are really great shots.

I hit early this morning. I was surprised at how many people used aluminum bats. C'mon, it's Fenway - you gotta go w/ the wood. It was really fun. Short, but definitely sweet.

#65 tonyandpals

• 3233 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Finally got the video up the my buddy shot for me. Sorry for the extreme closeup to start...
My best one is caught just shy of the track at :28. I think if I had 5 more I could have got one off the wall. Maybe next year :-)

Edited by tonyandpals, 12 October 2012 - 08:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users