Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo
- - - - -

WEEI 850 AM to become ESPN Radio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 38,409 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

As rumored for months

I suppose it's the least Entercom can do with a crappy AM station that has little reach beyond 128.

The other news is that WEEI-FM 93.7's audio stream will be made available from ESPNBoston's web page.

#2 Section15Box113

• 3,550 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Always good to have another alternative to Dennis and Callahan....

#3 Red(s)HawksFan

• SoSH Member

• 5,068 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Always good to have another alternative to Dennis and Callahan....

Even if it's Mike & Mike?

Still waiting for a *good* morning sports radio show.

#4 the1andonly3003

• 992 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

so why isn't Tito calling the World Series on ESPN radio with Shulman and Orel?

#5 Domer

• 1,959 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

He's on Baseball Tonight.

#6 Red(s)HawksFan

• SoSH Member

• 5,068 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

so why isn't Tito calling the World Series on ESPN radio with Shulman and Orel?

Considering the three-man tv booth can be a bit crowded, a three-man radio booth would be a nightmare. Radio p-b-p has to be far more descriptive than tv, leaving a lot less time for an analyst to do his thing. If there were two trying to share that time, neither would get much chance to say anything.

#7 the1andonly3003

• 992 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Considering the three-man tv booth can be a bit crowded, a three-man radio booth would be a nightmare. Radio p-b-p has to be far more descriptive than tv, leaving a lot less time for an analyst to do his thing. If there were two trying to share that time, neither would get much chance to say anything.

didn't BobbyV call the World Series on the radio side with the rest of the team though? that is why i found it odd that Tito wasn't doing it this year

#8 scotian1

• SoSH Member

• 5,259 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

As rumored for months

I suppose it's the least Entercom can do with a crappy AM station that has little reach beyond 128.

The other news is that WEEI-FM 93.7's audio stream will be made available from ESPNBoston's web page.

Here is one listener that doesn't like the move as we here in Nova Scotia can pick up WEEI clearly in the daytime if yo live close to the coast and easily everywhere in N.S. at night. It was could to be able to listen to the games on the radio here.

#9 Koufax

• 1,906 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I suspect that this will cut into D&C's drive-time listeners. One of my radio presets is on 850AM, and I now find myself just as interested in M&M as I am in D&C.

#10 Red(s)HawksFan

• SoSH Member

• 5,068 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

This is the only time of year in which I find Mike & Mike an even remotely interesting listen. For them, there are two sports seasons...football season and football off-season. It's where their strength lies. It seems they only branch away when there is a huge headline story in one of the other sports, like March Madness or Lebron blowing his nose or something like that.

I tuned them in this past May (maybe early June) expecting a little baseball talk mixed with NBA or NHL playoff talk, only to hear them go back and forth between whatever Lebron was doing and Tim Tebow talk. Tebow talk in the dead of the NFL off-season. Painful.