Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Arizona at Patriots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1862 replies to this topic

#1851 MarcSullivaFan

• 2,063 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

A shit loss for sure, but I'm not overly concerned--for now. I haven't watched the game yet, from what I can tell, the main factors in the loss were very poor pass protection and some bad bounces. The defense played really well again, which is a reason for a lot of optimism. If the o-line doesn't gell, they're screwed, but I'm confident they can be above-average by mid season. Even if they lose to Bal, and I expect they will on the road, they still have a fairly easy road to the playoffs. I'm actually sort of suprised at the state if hysteria around here--this happens every year. Deep breaths. . .

#1852 MyDaughterLovesTomGordon

• 4,331 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'm a little surprised at how positive everyone is about the defense. That offense was HORRIBLE. Many of the times the Pats got off the field it was because Kolb just flat out threw a terrible pass. Especially early in the game, he had all day back there, and the Pats only got one sack on a guy who didn't exactly release the ball in a hurry.

#1853 Myt1

• thinks tim thomas is a dick-fil-a

• 20,213 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

They took Larry Fitzgerald away completely. That was the gameplan. They caused two turnovers. When you're not throwing interceptions giving advantageous field position or letting punts get blocked at the two, that will win you a game.

The defense was very good. The offense was not, and not because of anything particularly special Arizona did (well, their interior pressure was very good). Brady missed two open receivers deep (Gronk especially had torched his defender) and Lloyd and Welker had some bad drops. And the coaching was lousy. Stretch runs on third and short don't work very well when the guards are getting eaten up and there's no cutback lane, and Danny Woodhead's cute, but he really just doesn't bring very much to the table, especially when compared to a RB who seems to be the total package.

Edited by Myt1, 17 September 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#1854 Carmine Hose

• 3,520 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

McDaniels needs to stop experimenting and just call plays that work.

#1855 MarcSullivaFan

• 2,063 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

I'm a little surprised at how positive everyone is about the defense. That offense was HORRIBLE. Many of the times the Pats got off the field it was because Kolb just flat out threw a terrible pass. Especially early in the game, he had all day back there, and the Pats only got one sack on a guy who didn't exactly release the ball in a hurry.

He had 140 yards and averaged around 5 yards per attempt. AZ was 4/14 on third down. It was a good game by the defense.

#1856 dcmissle

• SoSH Member

• 13,289 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

Had this game been played the beginning of last season, the Pats woulds have lost by 20 points. The defense has improved that much year over year and was the only redeeming aspect of an otherwise vomit inducing performance.

I am angry at this team, which likely will find a fan base with ZERO patience after another dreadful baseball season.

#1857 lexrageorge

• 3,214 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

There was really only one bad play by the D, and that's when Heap was left wide open after Kolb was flushed out of the pocket. An obvious breakdown, but there were very few open receivers all day. Kolb often times either chose to run the ball (6 times for 20 yards, of which at least 4 were scrambles) or throw it away to avoid the sack. There may have been an occasional open target or 2 that was missed, but the Arizona receivers had very little daylight. And the Arizona running game was pretty much ineffective until late in the 4th quarter.

Last year, Grossman, Orlofsky, and the Miami QB's all had field days against the NE defense. It's a huge difference.

#1858 CaptainLaddie

• dj paul pfieffer

• 23,506 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Adam Viniateri 53 yard FG with 8 seconds left to give the Colts the win. Just say'in.

Not sure what this has to do with anything.

#1859 E5 Yaz

• Transcends message boarding

• 27,175 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Adam Viniateri 53 yard FG with 8 seconds left to give the Colts the win. Just say'in.

And would he have hit the four other FGs that Ghost hit? Because it would have taken all five to win the game

#1860 judyb

• 3,392 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

And at the expense of however many thousands of yards of field position from kickoffs over the last however many years it's been?

#1861 PedroKsBambino

• SoSH Member

• 14,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

He launched at a defenseless receiver. We'll see how it gets reviewed. It is most certainly not as clean a hit as you can have in the post-concussion lawsuit NFL, that's for sure.

And, I don't mind it---he's trying to send a message and knock the ball loose.

Indeed, Mayo gets whacked for a $21k fine today for it.
http://espn.go.com/b...k-for-roughness

#1862 Ferm Sheller

• 4,717 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Troll. Sure you beat the Pats but you sucked this year.

#1863 Ferm Sheller

• 4,717 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Take that trash talk somewhere else!