Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

An Open Letter to Will Middlebrooks (Give him a tweet!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12635 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Dear Will,

Welcome to Boston!

Now that you’re going to be part of our community for a long time, we the Red Sox fans of Sons of Sam Horn (SoSH) would like to invite you to get involved in a deeper way. For the last month or so, we’ve been running a fundraiser to help an organization called Support for International Change fight HIV/AIDS in Tanzania. We’re raising $40,000 to help them buy a truck that can get to remote villages even in rainy season and educate people about HIV prevention and provide testing and links to treatment. We’re going to paint the truck with great scenes from Red Sox history so the locals will know that a) the Red Sox are awesome and b) Red Sox nation cares. You can learn more about it here

So far we’ve raised $27,000, which is great, but we’re struggling to reach the finish line. We’d like to invite you to help us in our effort. To be clear, we’re not asking for a donation (though we wouldn’t say no if you wanted to kick in). What we’d love is for you to become the face of our fundraiser, to help promote it a little bit and help us get Red Sox Nation at large to put us past the finish line.

Why you? Well to be completely honest, we chose Carl Crawford first, because we really want him to feel good about playing in Boston after his injuries, but we never heard back from him. We’re asking you now because, to put it simply, you’re one of the most enjoyable players on the current Red Sox to root for. You play hard, you’ve got a sweet swing and you come across as someone who probably really, really hates AIDS. The fact that you spend way too much time on Twitter is also pretty appealing.

So what do you say? You can reach me at [email protected] or post right here on the site.

Your pal,

Jose Melendez and the Nerds at Sons of Sam Horn

Edited by jose melendez, 23 July 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#2 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12635 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

As seen above, I've pretty much completely given up on Carl Crawford, but that doesn't matter becasue Will Middlebrooks is better and way more active on Twitter.

For those of you who tweet, try tweeting him at https://twitter.com/middlebrooks

Let's see if we can get 10 by lunch. All i need is to get him to read the thing. If he's not interested, so be it, but I'd like to at least get an honest shot.

I sent the following, with shortened URL" @middlebrooks Sons of Sam Horn Sox board has a letter to you. Be the face of our effort to fight AIDS Africa. Visit http://goo.gl/NQnlx"

#3 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 5830 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Twitted.

#4 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12635 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Only one retweet? Come on, we can do better than that!

#5 shepard50

• 4327 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

done - he' s a good follow btw

Kenneth Roberts @Shepard50
@middlebrooks #SoSH beseeches you to be the face of our effort to fight AIDS in Africa. Visit http://goo.gl/NQnlx"

#6 Scott Cooper's Grand Slam

• 537 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Tweeted @middlebrooks. Fingers crossed.

.@middlebrooks be the face of@sonsofsamhorn fight against AIDS in Africa! They need a truck, we need you:http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/73445-an-open-letter-to-will-middlebrooks-give-him-a-tweet/

#7 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12635 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Wow. So I got this today. Will Middlebrooks is asking me to supoprt his charity now... He didn't even tweet me.

Hi Jose!

This Friday at 11 a.m. Red Sox star Will Middlebrooks will be at the world famous Cask ‘n Flagon to reveal the new ‘Middlebrooks BBQ Beef Mac & Cheese Sandwich’. For the next 15 months, for every sandwich sold, $1 will be donated to Good Sports, a charity that provides sports equipment to underprivileged youth. Cask ‘n Flagon owner, Dana Van Fleet will be presenting Good Sports with a $1,000 check on Friday to get the ball rolling!

Please let me know if you would like any additional information. We would love for you to attend! Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Signed...