To summarize where we stand with the roster:
- Probably Stiems
- JJ, Moore, Pavlovic, and Williams (not huge losses)
- Rondo might be able to play more games, but probably cant put up better numbers per game/minute during the regular season, he was great on the whole last year, just frustrating at time from a
- KG and PP will probably need more rest, and we will be fortunate if they are as productive on a per minute basis
- We have some additions that should help compensate for the last point
- Green - assuming he is healthy and doesnt have much rust with a year away from basketball, he should be a big addition
- Terry - can play the 1 and 2, and probably just as important provide scoring off the bench
- Lee - can step in for Bradley for the first half of the season and then if both are healthy Doc has some high class problems with playing time
- Wilcox - similar to Green, hopefully he is healthy and can contribute and should provide quality 4/5 depth
- Sully - looks like he can contribute this year
- Melo - who Doc just said will probably be a project all year and will probably not help that much this year, so not much gain here
- The loss of Ray, considering he is 37, coming off surgery and is likely to decline, is probably not a net loss considering the additions of Lee and Terry over the course of the season. The one question mark I have is will we have a dangerous enough 3pt threat to make opponents concerned? To be fair, even if we got Ray back that would be a concern of mine to a degree as well
- I think that the addition of Lee and Terry can compensate for the loss of Ray and possibly provide some additional production.
- So the question becomes can the addition of Green [assuming health and minimal rust] and Sully, compensate for the assumed reduction in production from KG and PP? I am assuming Doc will limit their minutes to keep them fresh, so on a per minute basis they will probably be as productive as last year, but they both probably need to play about 30 a game, which means we need more production from the bench.
- The biggest variable I see, is what we should expect in terms of production from PP and KG? Can KG still do the 6 on, 6 off plan for a full 82 games? Does PP need a similar plan? From a production per minute perspective even if they go with conservative plans like these can we expect similar production on a per minute basis, or should we expect a reasonable decline of say 10-20% as well? Personally, I cant think of any logical way to estimate this and would love to hear some ideas
Edited by wutang112878, 21 July 2012 - 09:54 AM.