Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

WoW Characters...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny F'ing Powers

• posts 18% useful shit

• 5,638 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

After realizing that I had essentially nothing of value to pony up for this auction, I figured I was relegated to simply spending money for this great cause. Then, fate intervened...

While cleaning out the mailbox of an old email account, I continued to stumble across information for my old World of Warcraft characters. I haven't used these characters in over a year. I could pawn them off to some WoW character reseller, but then I remembered...AIDS is kinda lame.

I'm not sure if there will be any interest for this item, but I figured it might be worth a shot.

Before Cataclysm came out I checked out the prices that I could get for this account, and I had seem up to a few hundred dollars. Since Cataclysm has dropped, my characters are no longer max level (level 80 instead of 85), but they still have some pretty neat stuff. I doubt they're worth the $250-$400 I saw before, but I'm sure they'd still be worth something.

If you ditched WoW and were looking to get back into it, play WoW religiously and want some new 'toons to play with, or are looking to start up WoW but don't want to spend several hundred hours leveling up characters and getting cool gear....well, this auction is for you! If there's no interest (very possible), at least I gave the "Auction your crap to beat AIDS" thing a try.

I checked the WoW Armory, but the account hasn't been active in over a year, so I can't get an exact rundown of current gear on these characters. From memory, what you'll receive...

1 Level 80 Blood Elf Prief--holy spec. Equipped with all appropriate Epic gear from high end Wrath of the Lich King 25 man raids (Naxxramas, Onyxia's Lair). Epic land and air mount, plenty of PVP gear, plenty of epic shadow priest gear (for easier leveling), professions were maxed when at level 80 (tailoring, jewelcrafting), etc

1 Level 80 Tauren Shaman--Enhancement spec. Equipped with all appropriate Epic gear from high end Wrath of the Lich King 25 man raids (Naxxramas, Onyxia's Lair). Epic land and air mount, plenty of PVP gear, plenty of epic resto gear, professions were maxed when at level 80 (herbalism, alchemy), etc

1 Level 20 Tauren Druid--Only thing you need to know is his name...Iseeurnuts.

Anyway, the 2 level 80's were elite characters when I stopped playing WoW. I was in a guild that was 2nd on the server for raids, and I got plenty of awesome gear, awards, etc while playing. You can do whatever you want with these characters...transfer them to other servers, transfer them from horde to alliance, change their race, etc etc etc...If you want two (near) end-game characters for WoW, then pony up some cash and buy 'em!

Let's start the bid at $30. If there are no takers, then I'll just pawn this account off to a WoW character reseller. Bids will end on 7/22.

#2 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12,907 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm a tenth level auctioneer.

#3 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12,907 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

So given tha thtis is going slowly here, if you sell them to other nerds, like nto from this site, would you consider donating some or all of the proceeds to the cause?

Edited by jose melendez, 26 July 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#4 Kenny F'ing Powers

• posts 18% useful shit

• 5,638 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

Nah, screw that.

(Probably. If I get around to it before this thing ends, I'll donate all proceeds to the charity :nsmith: )

#5 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12,907 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

I say do it now.... don't be the 2011 Red Sox