Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

CLOSED Collectors' Item: New, Unworn Hawaiian Winter Baseball T Shirt XL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Julia

• kittens kitttens kittens kittens

• 10,371 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Once upon a time, there was a winter MLB league in Hawaii. Many big leaguers played there when just starting out. But, 2008 was the last season; MLB decided that the resources spent on HWB would be better spent in Cactus league.

From the now defunct HWB Website:

Many players, like Ichiro Suzuki, Derrek Lee, and Todd Helton, have established themselves as perennial stars for their respective teams. Others, like Joba Chamberlain (lol,) Dexter Fowler, Bud Norris, Buster Posey, and Matt Wieters, are emerging as their clubs’ mainstays of the future. Moreover, a new crop of talented rookies are making their big league debuts in 2010, including Jason Castro, Ian Desmond, Austin Jackson, and Jonny Venters.

In any event I bought some T shirts every year when I was on Oahu, when the League was still in operation and now, when I look on Ebay, i see that they are actually collectable.

Up for auction today is an all heavy cotton, Men's XL Dark Green North Shore Honu T shirt.

Front of Shirt:

Posted Image

Back of Shirt:

Posted Image

This is quite possibly the last XL Green North Shore Honu HWB Shirt left unworn in the entire world; bid accordingly, starting at $50.00

This Auction will end on Tuesday July 24, 9 pm EST.

Edited by Orange Julia, 30 July 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#2 mauidano

• Mai Tais for everyone!

• 13,695 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

This was really a great time. The first seasons were actually in 1994-97. Then it went into limbo for a time. I was very involved with the Maui Stingrays franchise. SO many future big leaguers came through here that I can't fill the space with names. Good times and that's a cool collectors item you have there. That's from the second phase of the Hawaii Winter League. Great place to play winter ball.

There is a new team here on Maui now that's part of the California Independent League. The big draw is the tiny female knuckleball pitcher from Japan.

http://www.mauiprobaseball.com/

Edited by mauidano, 18 July 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#3 Big CPAPi

• 1,520 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Bump. This is a high-quality shirt and a nice little piece of history.

I know someone has a fat 8 year old nephew who needs a turtle shirt.

#4 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12,906 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Bump. Baseball, Hawaii... what's not to bid on?

#5 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12,906 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

It looks like no one is in to shirts from extinct baseball leagues, this, the Greys shirt. I thought if anywhere would be into extinct leagues, it would be here. Somewhere the last commission of the brontosaurus baseball league is weeping.

#6 zapo

• 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

How cool is this shirt?!!!

I will bid on this on the condition that I can retract my bid on those dumb condoms i don't want and would never use anyway. I only bid on them in the first place because I thought the title of the thread was funny.

$50.

#7 Orange Julia

• 10,371 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Technically this ended before there was a bid but I will keep it open till tomorrow (Monday) at 9pm est in case there are more bids. This really is an awesome piece of baseball history and a cool shirt to boot.

#8 Bob Montgomery's Helmet Hat

• has big, douchey shoulders

• 12,985 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Okay, I'm in for $60. $65 if you throw in some cookies.

#9 Orange Julia

• 10,371 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

OK. $65 it is. Pay up, and PM me your address.

#10 Bob Montgomery's Helmet Hat

• has big, douchey shoulders

• 12,985 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Payment made, PM sent.

#11 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12,906 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

confirmed