Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Editing Services

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scriblerus

• 481 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

I know that there are some members out there working on advanced degrees, and I am offering my proofreading services for a thesis, dissertation, or any long document that requires accuracy. I have been an English professor for over ten years and have worked as an editor on scholarly journals, as well as edited countless papers and over 30 thesis/dissertation projects. This service is for proofreading only.

For parents of high school/college students, I will offer my proofreading/editing services to your son/daughter for one month, no page limit. For this audience, I will offer editorial comments and suggestions for developing and supporting arguments.

I also have a BFA in Creative Writing from Emerson and have taught fiction and non-fiction for many years. Any writers out there looking for some editing are also welcome to bid!

Due to the importance of such documents, I will share my cv with anyone interested in bidding.

These services are very time consuming, so let's start the bidding at $50.

Edited by Scriblerus, 27 June 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#2 Mr Weebles

• swabbie bastard

• 15,603 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

I am offering my proofreading services for a thesis, dissetation, or any long document that requires accuracy.

You pay me.

#3 Scriblerus

• 481 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

You pay me.

Murphy's Law of proofreading...touche'.

#4 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 6,270 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'll start.

$50

#5 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 13,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

Bump.... closing? staying open?

#6 Scriblerus

• 481 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Let's give it a closing date of 7/27 and see if there is any more interest.

Some more of my background:

-My own work (scholarship, book reviews, etc) has been published in national and international journals, including the Oxford University Press and the University of Wisconsin Press
-I have worked as a textbook editor and reviewer for works published/considered for publication by WW Norton & Co, Cambridge University Press, Macmillan/St. Martin's Press, Houghton Mifflin, and Gale
-My scholarship is focused on narrative theory, the history of publishing, and the culture of information/information theory

I have helped a lot of people prepare their work for publication, and I have helped even more people develop their writing skills and confidence. My experience is not limited to teaching college students/graduate students. Most of my editing work has been dedicated to professional publications and the work of my colleagues.

#7 Scriblerus

• 481 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Auction is now closed. The Shyness Clinic is the winning bidder. He will post here once payment is made.

#8 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 6,270 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Donation date: Aug 8, 2012 12:23 PM PDT
Google order number: 876413621467173 Posted Image Print Qty Item Price 1 Donate to SIC - Your tax-deductible donation will make a difference in an HIV positive persons life and further our prevention efforts. $50.00

All paid.

#9 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 13,042 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

Can you give me your initials so I can confirm?

#10 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 13,042 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

confirmed!