Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

closes Thurs 11PM: Lawyers? I'm a trial consultant - let me help you, while you fight AIDS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alcohol&Overcalls

• 1199 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

SOSH has piles of lawyers, so here goes ... For the last 7 years, I've worked as a trial consultant for a national firm, helping with pretrial research, jury selection, witness preparation and theme development on around 200 cases. I'm auctioning off a full day (8 to 10 hours) of my time, in whatever capacity you need - I bill between $200 and $300/hr depending on case and location, so I'll start the bidding at $100.

Something like a juror questionnaire or voir dire would take 4-6 hours, and can happen remotely (I'm not currently in New England - based in the Midwest), so you can do both for just your winning bid. We can also do in-person work (witness prep or jury selection) but that will require some additional costs (a plane flight, I'll cover lodging). If you're currently gearing up for trial and want to do a full-blown focus group or mock trial, I'll donate every bit of my time (even beyond 10h), assuming a bid above minimum - you'll just need to cover some expenses.

Even if you do divorces for a living, you can book me out for dumb research work at an incredibly cheap rate with your winning bid - or, hell, I can buy your wife flowers or shop for vacations for your family. I don't care - my career has been built on patent and environmental defense, I need the good karma.

It's a public forum, so I won't get too into resume and etc. - if you want a CV or website or etc., let me know via PM and I'll get you the relevant information. If nothing else, we do firm retreats and other CLE speeches a few times a year - we'll get you value. Winning bids will also get a copy of our book on jury selection and witness preparation, as well.

We'll give it about two weeks, ending at 12p on 7/11/12 ... thanks!

Edited by jose melendez, 08 August 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#2 Alcohol&Overcalls

• 1199 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Bumping this w/ a lower min bid and auto-inclusion of our book on witness preparation (which sells for over $400 through Aspen Press)!

Some examples of things I can do for you:

In-Trial:
  • Witness preparation (can occur over the phone/via skype) - we can handle everything from experts to lay witnesses to defendants to character witnesses.
  • Jury selection advice: juror ratings, profiling, etc.
  • Voir dire design: based on the common statistical profile for your case
  • Theme advice
  • Editing/marking up opening/closing statements
Out-of-Trial:
  • Case valuation (based on either common awards, historical data for that jurisdiction, or actual focus group work)
  • Settlement consultation (similar to the above, but generally post-discovery)
  • Expert witness searches
  • CLE or firm retreat presentations
  • Attorney credibility analysis
  • Style analysis
  • Website 'makeovers'
... or really, anything you need a research chimp to handle, we'll get it done!

Edited by Alcohol&Overcalls, 01 July 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#3 MentalDisabldLst

• Prefers spit over lube

• 13432 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

A day's worth of a smart guy's time is easily worth the hundred bucks. I don't have any pressing legal needs but I'm sure I could figure something out. I'll open for your $100.

#4 Alcohol&Overcalls

• 1199 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Awesome bid by MDL - a last bump for the final stretch here ... of the 30 or so juries I've picked over 7 years, one was (at the time) the largest total verdict and largest punitive damages verdict in the history of the state of Oregon (I worked on behalf of the plaintiff). Maybe your case isn't in Oregon, but if there's one thing I know about the Beaver State, it's that its lessons are universal. You, too, could bask in the return of hundreds of millions of fraudulent dollars - or even prevent losing them! All for a simple bid of $200!

#5 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12634 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

Bump... You know some of you are going to be on trial sooner or later.

#6 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12634 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

CLosing Thursday

#7 jose melendez

• Earl of Acie

• 12634 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Congrats MDL!

#8 MentalDisabldLst

• Prefers spit over lube