Ty Buttrey made his full-season debut last night with Greenville. It can be summed up with 4 words: "Welcome to the Jungle."
Good news, all his outs came by K. Bad news, he only had 2 Ks. He was lifted after 2 outs because of pitch count, I assume. He was victimized by two errors by 2B Wendell Rijo on consecutive plays, so probably more a case of a very young pitcher getting rattled by everything going wrong in his first start.
As Manny used to say, "Mama said there'd be days like this." Look forward to his next start.
Augusta Bottom of the 1st
- Jeremy Sy singles on a fly ball to center fielder Manuel Margot.
- Ryder Jones singles on a line drive to right fielder Bo Greenwell. Jeremy Sy to 3rd.
- Brandon Bednar walks. Ryder Jones to 2nd.
- Tyler Horan reaches on a fielding error by second baseman Wendell Rijo. Jeremy Sy scores. Ryder Jones to 3rd. Brandon Bednar to 2nd.
- Christian Arroyo reaches on a force attempt, missed catch error by second baseman Wendell Rijo, assist to third baseman Carlos Asuaje. Ryder Jones scores. Brandon Bednar scores. Tyler Horan to 3rd. Christian Arroyo to 2nd.
- Eugene Escalante singles on a ground ball to left fielder Kendrick Perkins. Tyler Horan scores. Christian Arroyo to 3rd.
- Ryan Tuntland strikes out swinging.
- Ty Ross strikes out swinging.
- Pitching Change: Jonathan Aro replaces Ty Buttrey.
- Randy Ortiz called out on strikes