Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

OK we're back on our main server.  It was taking a super long time to move *everything* back just to save a day's worth of messages.  I've been at this all day now and need to get back to my real job so.,... sorry.  Working on a better plan in case this happens again.  nip

Photo

ECFG6 - Anything's Possible

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1569 replies to this topic

#1551 Ed Hillel

• Wants to be startin somethin

• 38223 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Meh, by all rights they shouldn't even be here.

I think I understand why all those heroes in those stories fought on, Mr. Frodo.

And what was that, Sam?

All those heroes, they had something to hold on to.

What was that, Mr. Frodo?

That there was some good in this world. AND IT WAS WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

#1552 Soxy Brown

• 2360 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

Meh, by all rights they shouldn't even be here. Even if they lose by 40 in Game 7 I'm not going to call it rock bottom.

Also, I went to a lot of games in the ML/Pitino era. We are really a pretty far cry from rock bottom.

Yeah but its not like Adam Jones hit 4 home runs in each of those games. The Sox blew it on their own.

It was a joke about the fact that people constantly used the line, "It can't get any worse than this," when talking about the Red Sox. And then it would get worse. This happened after, like, a dozen games (at least) in the past calender year.

Hell, I was the one who was optimistic and positive after game 2 of this series. I thought they were playing with house money at that point, let alone here. I'm certainly not going to call this season or playoff run a disappointment if they get blown out on Saturday, or call it rock bottom, or some other entitled nonsense. But game 7 could certainly be worse than game 6. A terrible thought, but it's certainly a possibility. They could also win game 7, in which case game 6 gets forgotten.

#1553 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21048 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

I'm really glad I wasn't the only dweeb to think about that.

#1554 Morning Woodhead

• 690 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Chalmers is doing an excellent job on Ray. I know Ray is hobbled, but Chalmers is fighting through the screens really well. He's holding Ray down. After he comes through the screens and he's not open, C's have to start over with the shot clock around 10 or 11 seconds. terrible offense.

#1555 ilol@u

• 1770 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Absolutely terrible game from everybody involved. Bench gave us absolutely NOTHING for 3 QTRs, offense was rushing and the shots weren't going down and defensively, well there's nothing you can do about what LeBron did.

Props to whoever went to the Garden. The place was rocking even though we were down by double digits throughout the entire game. I loved the "Lets go Celtics" chant near the minute mark.

#1556 CaptainLaddie

• dj paul pfieffer

• 22264 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

what kind of fucking asshole decides to throw a beer on LBJ? For real? Yes, let's piss him off more.

#1557 Soxy Brown

• 2360 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Lebron is scaring the crap out of me in his press conference. He is not fucking around.

#1558 Nomar813

• SoSH Member

• 5792 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

what kind of fucking asshole decides to throw a beer on LBJ? For real? Yes, let's piss him off more.

And at those prices. I might be more annoyed at the wastefulness.

#1559 CaptainLaddie

• dj paul pfieffer

• 22264 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

Lebron is scaring the crap out of me in his press conference. He is not fucking around.

What did he say?

#1560 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 9416 posts

Well, a few things. It was, indeed, cool that the garden was cheering at the end. However many many people had already bailed. The Garden was ready to erupt all night, but LeBreezy and his 73% from the field had other ideas. I havent read the thread because I am sitting at some bar called the Vault but the Cs were bad and while the refs gave them nothing, they didnt deserve much.

#1561 mandro ramtinez

• 1072 posts

And at those prices. I might be more annoyed at the wastefulness.

It was probably Peter king and he was probably dumping Stella Artois.

#1562 Ed Hillel

• Wants to be startin somethin

• 38223 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Well, a few things. It was, indeed, cool that the garden was cheering at the end. However many many people had already bailed. The Garden was ready to erupt all night, but LeBreezy and his 73% from the field had other ideas. I havent read the thread because I am sitting at some bar called the Vault but the Cs were bad and while the refs gave them nothing, they didnt deserve much.

That's a gay bar. Watch your bum.

#1563 Caspir

• 3291 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

I happened to be sitting in front of Flip Saunders tonight (great guy) and he was talking candidly about Pierce being hurt pretty bad, having no legs, Ray being neatly crippled, and then he went into a quick breakdown of Miami's defense tonight and how it was centered around blocking Rondo's lanes by using Lebron's wingspan and clogging the middle. Said it appeared to fluster him, hence the turnovers and poor decision making, and they will adjust, etc. There was more to it but I was drinking, still interesting though, and he said they hadn't been doing this to Rondo with any effectiveness prior to tonight. Also chalked the whole game up to Lebron going nuts, feels confident about their chances, etc. It sucked watching them get beat down, but I stayed til the end and the crowd was really just awesome even before the doors opened at 7:30. Hopefully they wake the fuck up Saturday night.

#1564 Soxy Brown

• 2360 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

What did he say?

Just his manner and vibe. I'm not gonna pretend that I watch a shit-ton of NBA press conferences, but he's normally Mr. Happy-go-lucky with reporters, jokes around and shit. He was just dead serious the entire time. Thoughtful and measured in his responses. He just seemed really locked in and focused, like he knows he needed to become a cold-blooded assassin and carry the Heat on his back. For some reason, I think that transformation will be more difficult for him to do at home. I know I'm venturing into pseudo-psycho-analytical bullshit here (game thread!), but this isn't how Lebron naturally is. I think it's easier for him to flip that switch when he thinks everyone is against him. Might be harder to do that at home when everyone is cheering everything that he does.

Or maybe I just shouldn't have turned to scotch in the final quarter.

#1565 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 9416 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

That's a gay bar. Watch your bum.

It would be i n San Francisco. Here it features a bartendress with blonde hair and backs for days. She also has a cute Kiwi friend sporting a Rondo jersey.

#1566 The_Powa_of_Seiji_Ozawa

• 3936 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

Just his manner and vibe. I'm not gonna pretend that I watch a shit-ton of NBA press conferences, but he's normally Mr. Happy-go-lucky with reporters, jokes around and shit. He was just dead serious the entire time. Thoughtful and measured in his responses. He just seemed really locked in and focused, like he knows he needed to become a cold-blooded assassin and carry the Heat on his back.

Then why was he wearing those fake glasses?

#1567 Nuf Ced

• stupidity monitor

• 9080 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

Well, fuck.

#1568 simplyeric

• Professional Writer

• 2960 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Because this time those were real glasses that he promoted off the body of a drifter he had just strangled (at 73% effectiveness).

Dead serious indeed.

Let's not be that drifter again on Saturday.

#1569 Boston Brawler

• 3624 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Even though it ended bad, I hope you still had a good time man.

#1570 fairlee76

• 1379 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I can't wait to see how locked-in LeBron is at the post-game press conference on Saturday. Oh, right, he sends Bosh out to face the media hordes when the HEAT lose. Nevermind.

Edited by fairlee76, 08 June 2012 - 08:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users