Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Sixers at Celtics--Game 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
576 replies to this topic

#551 JohnnyTheBone

• 3868 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Pavlovic is salivating for more minutes. I've said from the beginning that he deserves time, not sure why Doc is so down on him.

#552 bball831

• 4498 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

21 more FTs than Philly.......wow

THE REFS ARE AGAINST US!@!@#@!$#@!!!111

#553 bball831

• 4498 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

35 point 2nd half for Philly.

#554 stp130

• 639 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Win Wednesday.

Go Thunder.

#555 Al Zarilla

• SoSH Member

• 20631 posts

Postgame, Bass threw the compliment to Rondo right away.

#556 AimingForYoko

• SoSH Member

• 14011 posts

This team kills me. They sucked so fucking bad but Stiemsma showed up and Bass showed up (and Rondo) and then everyone else followed.

I hope they can do this again on Wednesday. Fuck you Philly.

Edited by AimingForYoko, 21 May 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#557 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15238 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

That was the goddamn balls.

#558 mikeot

• 2520 posts

"Shaq, I'm the man now " ... priceless !

#559 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 15816 posts

The big question is this: do they get complacent and play like they have 1 game to play with or are they going to go out there Wednesday night with a killer instinct?

#560 lars10

• 1944 posts

21 more FTs than Philly.......wow

In fairness I believe the deserved +10 or so..there were about five fouls that weren't and a few more that the c's don't usually get

#561 DrewDawg

• SoSH Member

• 8556 posts

Bass: "Shaq, I'm the man now!"

#562 Hendu's Gait

• 3/5's member

• PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

How does one confuse Marquis Daniels for Tony Battie?

#563 CJM

• 512 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

That was the mirror image of the Friday night game. On to Illadelph for the close.

Now time for Durant and Westbrook to son the Lakers, and Kobe to utter in a postgame press conference, "That one was all on me. I failed, failed, failed."

#564 JohnnyTheBone

• 3868 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

THE REFS ARE AGAINST US!@!@#@!$#@!!!111

Few that complain, and I'm proudly one of the most vocal, ever say it's an anti-Boston bias. It's an integrity of the outcome problem, and if you can't realize why that's theatening the credibility of this league then nobody on this board will be able to help you.

#565 CaptainLaddie

• dj paul pfieffer

• 22585 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Yup. The refs were atrocious tonight.

#566 BucketOBalls

• SoSH Member

• 5644 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Few that complain, and I'm proudly one of the most vocal, ever say it's an anti-Boston bias. It's an integrity of the outcome problem, and if you can't realize why that's theatening the credibility of this league then nobody on this board will be able to help you.

The Celtics will get hosed again in game 6 and the Sixers squeek it out. Game 7 will be reffed fairly and the C's win by 10+

#567 JohnnyTheBone

• 3868 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

The Celtics will get hosed again in game 6 and the Sixers squeek it out. Game 7 will be reffed fairly and the C's win by 10+

That sounds about right.

#568 lars10

• 1944 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Yup. The refs were atrocious tonight.

tonight is how it must feel to be a heat fan... Besides the emptiness and soullessness.

Edited by lars10, 21 May 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#569 JohnnyTheBone

• 3868 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

tonight is how it must feel to be a heat fan... Besides the emptiness and soullessness.

Or a Lakers fan. Lawdy lawdy do those pricks benefit from the friendly whistle.

#570 fairlee76

• 1481 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

The big question is this: do they get complacent and play like they have 1 game to play with or are they going to go out there Wednesday night with a killer instinct?

The former. That has been their pattern since the spring of 2008.

#571 mandro ramtinez

• 1125 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

Brandon Bass did some nice work on the podium postgame too. Referenced Reverend Dooling, so at least we know he serves some purpose. It felt like a Bass explosion was on its way all series, outstanding time to unleash it, BB.

#572 bball831

• 4498 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

The shit evens out in the end. Just not worrying about things that the team can't control. It is what it is.

#573 JohnnyTheBone

• 3868 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

The shit evens out in the end. Just not worrying about things that the team can't control. It is what it is.

I hear you. I am sensitive to "the criticism of referee criticism" because I think it's an important matter worth discussing on a quality sports message board like SoSH. It's polarizing basketball fans everywhere, and I think a spotlight needs to be shined on the credibility problem instead of sweeping it under the rug or pretending it's not a black cloud hovering over these games we watch. Others are tired of hearing about it, and I understand that, but I really just want the league to improve. The public confidence in the NBA has deteriorated badly over the past 12 years or so, and I know many fans that have turned their back on the league because of it.

EDIT: Just read the NBA playoff gamethread in the Port Cellar forum and half the posts are about Kobe receiving favoritism on a play where he obviously should have picked up a 3rd foul but the ref gave it to a different player to protect him. See here:

http://sonsofsamhorn...ost__p__4144274

Charles Barkley apparently started to rant about the NBA "star treatment" that has been going on for decades now on David Stern's watch, and was apparently muzzled mid-rant as TNT hastily cut to commercial. I wish I saw that, but the description from the post leaves me unsurprised. That's a fine example of why people roll their eyes and mumble about "the same old NBA". If the foul is clearly on Kobe and the whole world saw it, but you give the foul to somebody else because he's Kobe and the league markets the piss out of him, then that's a farce and it insults our intelligence and turns fans against the product.

Edited by JohnnyTheBone, 21 May 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#574 Soxaholic

• 2639 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Didn't gamethread during game 3, but checked in after the game.

Got my gamethread on throughout game 4.

Didn't gamethread during game 5, and here I am checking in again.

I will be checking in with you guys after a game 6 win.

#575 lars10

• 1944 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

I hear you. I am sensitive to "the criticism of referee criticism" because I think it's an important matter worth discussing on a quality sports message board like SoSH. It's polarizing basketball fans everywhere, and I think a spotlight needs to be shined on the credibility problem instead of sweeping it under the rug or pretending it's not a black cloud hovering over these games we watch. Others are tired of hearing about it, and I understand that, but I really just want the league to improve. The public confidence in the NBA has deteriorated badly over the past 12 years or so, and I know many fans that have turned their back on the league because of it.

EDIT: Just read the NBA playoff gamethread in the Port Cellar forum and half the posts are about Kobe receiving favoritism on a play where he obviously should have picked up a 3rd foul but the ref gave it to a different player to protect him. See here:

http://sonsofsamhorn...ost__p__4144274

Charles Barkley apparently started to rant about the NBA "star treatment" that has been going on for decades now on David Stern's watch, and was apparently muzzled mid-rant as TNT hastily cut to commercial. I wish I saw that, but the description from the post leaves me unsurprised. That's a fine example of why people roll their eyes and mumble about "the same old NBA". If the foul is clearly on Kobe and the whole world saw it, but you give the foul to somebody else because he's Kobe and the league markets the piss out of him, then that's a farce and it insults our intelligence and turns fans against the product.

I don't know if it was him getting shut down... the point was definitely dropped..but Charles was interrupted mid sentence by Kenny asking Charles if he'd indeed just gotten his eyebrows plucked...because he looked extra inquisitive. It was kind of funny and the point had been made..there wasn't really anything to add to it given it is an NBA broadcast and the game wasn't over.

#576 TheoShmeo

• made johnny damon think long and hard

• 8085 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

KG gives the Philly crowd some ammo for game 6.

Maybe being Public Enemy Number 1 will fuel him. Schilling claimed that he got off on being hated and cat called by the Toilette dwellers.

http://bostonherald....leid=1061133355

After praising his own crowd following the Celtics’ 101-85 Game 5 win last night over Philadelphia, Garnett, asked to compare the two groups said, “Not even close. You got fans (in Boston) and then you got fair-weather fans (in Philly). Take it how you want.”

#577 Greenwell982

• 133 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Didn't gamethread during game 3, but checked in after the game.

Got my gamethread on throughout game 4.

Didn't gamethread during game 5, and here I am checking in again.

I will be checking in with you guys after a game 6 win.

Likewise man. My new superstition.