Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Chelsea FC 2012-2013: Champions of Europe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
730 replies to this topic

#1 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

This calls for some photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Posted Image

[img]http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/9DDn0MY3GVYK00y9mV73Cg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptussowexperts/144812615.jpg[/img]

[img]http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/host.madison.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/dc/edc1156a-867e-5eef-a949-55d31c46bda7/4fb8514e08bea.preview-300.jpg[/img]

#3 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

Posted Image

#6 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

#8 SoxFanInPdx

• 1,734 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

Mata was the difference maker for Chelsea this season, just a phenomenal player.

#9 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25,690 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

I didn't recognize Cech without his helmet on.

#10 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

#11 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Posted Image

#12 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Snakebauer007, 20 May 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#13 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Posted Image

#14 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Mata was the difference maker for Chelsea this season, just a phenomenal player.

He really was the first true skilled clever playmaker Chelsea have had since Eidur Gudjohnsen left. The Iceman was more a support forward than attacking mid, but the role is roughly the same when comparing this team to that one, Guddy just also happened to have a lot of goals in him as well.

Mata really faded towards the end of the season, mainly because he was the only player, besides Cech, to not have an adequate backup and thus had to play every important match. Now that Chelsea has signed Marko Marin(will probably play wide left, but also can play in the middle) and Kevin De Bruyne, hopefully next season we wont run Juan into the ground.

#15 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

On a side note, some of the heroes from the two cup runs featured a lot of players whom AVB wanted nothing to do with: Lampard, Terry, MIkel, Ashley, Drogba.

Granted it's time to reduce roles for these players(except for Mikel), and for Terry and COle, the players are already in place to do so, now it is time to find a midfielder to help Lampard not play as much(49 matches this season) and decide if it is Torres or someone new to take over for Drogba long term.

Of course the most interesting decision will be regarding Di Matteo.

#16 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image

unreal

#17 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Posted Image

#18 SoxFanInCali

• has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of a scouse

• 6,382 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Looks like Torres may want out.

He always has impeccable timing for announcing things like this.

#19 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Fernando, if these quotes are accurate(and that is always a big if), has a problem not realizing that he isn't the man here, just another player. Someone else put it best: if he can't realize that his own form is the reason why he isn't first choice, and despite this the fans still love and support him, his ego needs help.

That said, Torres should have started over Kalou or Bertrand, or at least should have came on sooner. I don't really have a problem with him wanting to play more though, and if that isn't here, so be it.

#20 ossie schreckengost

• 2,482 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

posted image

(Null)

#21 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

What a majestic voice Torres has

Edited by Snakebauer007, 20 May 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#22 Nuf Ced

• stupidity monitor

• 9,309 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

I want to hear him sing "Celery, celery". :q:

#23 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

I want to hear him sing "Celery, celery". :q:

tickle her bum!

#24 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Posted Image

#25 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

@ChelseaActivity:
Chelsea Football Club founded in 1905, Wins the
European Cup for the first time on 19/05, meant to be

#26 JayMags71

• SoSH Member

• 5,596 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

I, for one, would take him back in a heartbeat.

#27 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Posted Image

#28 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

great read...

The dressing room was silent as Drogba spoke softly to the cup. This is the inside story of... Chelsea's glory

Bruce Buck compared it to a ‘religious experience’, this extraordinary scene in the Chelsea dressing room after an extraordinary Champions League final when Didier Drogba addressed the European Cup.

Not so much man-to-man as man to magnificent metal object, Drogba spoke to the trophy as if those ear-like handles could hear his every word.

Everyone else stopped. Roman Abramovich was mesmerised; Roberto Di Matteo delayed his departure for the post-match press conference. The players simply stood in awe, intent on listening to their match-winner’s speech.

With the flag of the Ivory Coast draped across his shoulders, Drogba leapt on to a table in the centre of the dressing room.

‘Why have you avoided us for such a long time?’ he said, almost berating club football’s greatest prize. ‘Flirting with us, eluding us.’

He spoke of ‘Barcelona in 2009’, of ‘Moscow’ the year before, eventually focusing on the chronology of the evening.

Only occasionally did the other players interrupt, chanting to Drogba, to Abramovich, to the members of the Chelsea board, that they wanted their striker to stay at the club beyond this season; that his decisive penalty should not be his last act as a Chelsea player.

‘It was like he was praying to the cup,’ said Buck, the Chelsea chairman, after emerging from the team hotel on Sunday morning.

‘It was almost a religious experience. He talked about Barcelona — not this year’s Barcelona, but the previous time — and about Moscow. It really was a lot of fun.’

Abramovich gave a speech of his own, using director Eugene Tenenbaum to translate his emotive Russian.

‘Roman gave a little thank you speech in the dressing room,’ said Buck. ‘The message was it was all down to the boys. They did it. We’ve had a tough season, a bunch of highs and lows, but they grasped it and deserved all the credit. And they do.’

Clearly a little emotional himself, Buck continued: ‘It was very difficult when Andre (Villas-Boas) left because Andre’s a really good guy. I guess we just felt it was something that had to be done and, obviously, it’s turned out correctly for us.

‘The spirit in the dressing room after the match was unbelievable. The camaraderie; they were sitting and talking for the longest time. They didn’t get back to the hotel until almost three o’clock in the morning.’

Some of them partied all night. Buck made it to his bed but he discovered colleagues who never made it that far on Sunday morning, slumped on sofas and in armchairs around the hotel.

At the same venue on the eve of the game the atmosphere was somewhat calmer, with Di Matteo playing a motivational masterstroke that took the players by surprise.

Edited beautifully, officials said, by staff at the club, Di Matteo treated his squad to a video that not only contained goodwill messages from family members but also had footage of the players from over the years, some dating back to when they were kids.

The Italian had the DVD put together in secret. It lasted less than half-an-hour but it featured every member of the squad who had a chance of playing, including Ryan Bertrand.

There were, said some of the players, a few teary eyes but it also sparked some amusing banter, removing some of the tension from the air.
Di Matteo has been clever, even when it comes to the way he deals with Chelsea’s owner. He does not divulge their private conversations, just as he does not try to apply any pressure in the media.

‘Whatever decision the club reach I will accept,’ he said. ‘My future is not important.’

The selection of Bertrand was a bold one but it was also another example of his astute management; another reason why he should be considered for the role on a permanent basis.

‘I don’t like to gamble,’ he said. ‘I see these players every day in training. I have watched him develop and every time he plays he has been one of our best players. I tried different options and that looked like the best option for the team.

‘Our preparation was difficult because of the injuries and suspensions. It was not ideal for a Champions League final. But the desire and motivation of the players has been great.’

Di Matteo would not discuss his future and there was not much he could say about Drogba’s either. But he called the striker ‘a fantastic servant for the club’ before praising others in his side.

‘Ashley Cole was immense, Frank Lampard, the whole team,’ he said. ‘Petr Cech was fantastic.’

He was, and he was also the one player who missed Drogba’s address because he was busy trying to provide the drug testers with a urine sample.

‘By the time I got to the dressing room everyone had gone,’ said Cech. As had that elusive trophy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1vSuDUFoX

#29 SoxFanInPdx

• 1,734 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

"I wanted to take a penalty but they didn't let me." Good god, as talented as he is, he is so out of touch and not mentally strong. I'll always remember what he was at Liverpool, but glad he's no longer there. No way I'd want him back. I can see him going back to some team in Spain.

#30 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

THe Heir apparent

Posted Image

#31 Rook05

• 1,489 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

#32 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Chelsea tv in the studio watching the shootout

#33 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,223 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Twitter is rumoring (?) that you've put in the highest bid for Hazard and Lucas Moura, my current crush.

#34 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Also seen rumors that Drogba is already starting his goodbyes and is off to China in June

#35 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

A great write up, by a poster on my other board, end of season review:

Biggest Positives/Highlights

1. Winning the Champions League. Let me say that again- we won the Champions League. Holy shyte. I really thought this may be one trophy that we were destined not to win and it is almost impossible to comprehend when thinking about the debacle vs Monaco, the constant drama vs Barca, Tom Henning Overbo, numerous horrible officiating decisions, some terrible luck, the sound of the post at Moscow, and watching our lads hang their heads after another gutting loss wondering "if only"- and funny enough all that does not seem to matter anymore. As with the majority of this season we seemed on the brink of peril on several occasions from the Group Stages all the way through to the Final. The Final epitimosed our run- never giving up in the face of adversity- and what a Final it was for us. A fantastic and historic night for the club and in a funny way it still does not seem real to me.

2. The FA Cup. I know I am a little old fashioned but this Cup was the Holy Grail for me growing up as this was most attainable trophy for us- even though we really had no chance to win the bloody thing Posted Image. It is the oldest club competition in the world and it still carries a massive amount of mystique and aura for me and while it does not carry the glamour for some fans, I will never grow tired of us winning the Cup.

3. Roberto DiMatteo. He took a group of "ego maniacal, uncoachable and power driven players" and melded them into a cohesive, organised, hard working and ultimately successful side. Of course I dont think it was all the players as the media will have us believe but I do think he worked wonders in inspiring confidence in numerous players (notably Torres) and organising a leaking defence which looked much more stout after his management. I do believe that his League form warrants further discussion and debate but one has to consider that he lost three games- one to the League Champions, one to a vastly improved Newcastle and one in a nothing game to Liverpool where we played a second team. For me he has done enough to earn the right to see if he can duplicate his Cup success in the League.

4. Ramires. He has evolved from a player who looked lost last season to one of the most vital cogs in our starting team. While many will point to Drogba as the player who delivers on the big stage- I would say that Ramires is slowly beginning to step into that role. His non stop running and amazing work rate have blended well into a variety of systems and for me he is becoming one of those players who must be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

5. Barcelona in the CL. Many will point to the second leg, but we should not forget how well we played in the first leg. While we rode our luck we really put the groundwork in for the second leg and ultimately the Final. While the idiots will claim "anti football" I believe those two legs epitomised what European football should be about- conflicting styles and nail biting drama, and if that is still not good enough for the nay sayers- feck em.

6. Transfer Policy. Yes that is not a typo- transfer policy was listed under Positives for a change. We finally seem to be identifying areas of need and finding players who not only fill important roles but are also going to be able to do so for more than 2-3 years. Mata and Cahill were great additions. Romeu settled in quickly and looks a competent player. Courtios, KDB and Lukaku all look promising players for the future. Davila, Paizon, Feruz and Bamford all look to be good signings in the long run. Omerou caught the eye on loan and could be a possible solution to the RB problem. The only exception would probably be Meireles who startly brightly but faded poorly.

7. The rebirth of several players. Cech, Luiz and Mikel all looked completely different players in 2012. Torres seemed to find his form of old and even Kalou seemed to step up his game. While I think the media made Luiz an easy target and he did no favours for himself on several occasions with some awful decisions, he seemed to turn the corner in 12 and besides his error against Napoli (away) in the CL and a few misplaced passes he became a rock at the back and is going to be very hard to knock out of the starting rotation. Cech, for all of his criticism- the majority of which was grossly misguided proved again how vital he is to our team with several massive games down the stretch. I find no coincidence between our return to succes and the inclusion of Mikel in the starting line up.

8. Napoli CL second leg. Where the magic really began to set in. We overturned very long odds that night in one of the most entertaining European nights- even for the neutral- I can remember.

9. FA Cup Semi-Final. Crush Spurs hope for a trophy- check. Get to another Cup Final- check. Embarrass Gallas further- check. Put five in the net- check. Watch 'Arry look more like Droopy Dog- check. Laugh at the Spurs fans (again)- check.

10. FA Youth Cup. A great result for a talented bunch of youngsters who seemed to begin the never say die attitude we saw the first team embrace.

Biggest Negatives/Lowlights

1. Andre Villas Boas. I admit- I bought into the hype and perhaps that is why I am so bitter. I really thought we finally had a Manager who could last more than two seasons and could actually enact change and revolutionalise the team. Instead we ended up with a manager who was well out of his depth, more stubborn than even the most obsintate of managers, and acted like a spoiled, petulant child at times. Perhaps I am angry with myself because I believed he was the "next best thing" which is usually something I avoid doing and am left bitterly disappointed by his failure to live up to my expectations. Either that or he was a crap manager Posted Image. I think, and hope, that he will bounce back on his feet somewhere else but his time with us will not be looked fondly upon. At least he isnt Avram Grant.

2. The League. We were out of the running for some time and our results were very poor with our worst finish in over a decade. Thankfully the CL saved our arses after a underwhelming sixth place finish which were very much deserving of. AVB dropped us into a real mess and Robbie could not do a lot to pull us out of it.

3. London Derbies. This is also a thing of the past but I always think it is important to win your derbies and we were a shocking 5 draws and 1 loss in the six derby matches. We have to improve in this area next season and with West Ham joining the group there should be a chance to collect points from our rivals.

4. Bosingwa. I know he played well vs Barca and finally showed up at the end of the season but he was awful throughout the majority of the season and was at fault individually and collectively for several goals. Sorry to be harsh but I think the sooner he leaves the better.

5. Loan deals. Juni has an excellent piece which will save my fingers but I thought the majority of our loan deals were not the best planned and several of them did not work out.

6. Youth development. We still struggle to bring though youngsters and while Romeu is a younger player he is not homegrown and his 23 appearances dried up as the season progressed. Bertrand finally got a look in, far too late imo, and made 11 appearances and Hutch chipped in with one. That is a total of 12 apperances for our own homegrown players in a full season while Borini, Cork, Sala and Tore all left the club for a variety of reasons.

7. Everton 2-0. A real low point of the season. Goes down as one of the worst showings in the Roman era.

8. Malouda. Towards the start of the season I thought he would be a valuable squad player , by the end of the season I dreaded the sight of him. I think it is time to end this misery for once and all.

9. Off the field bollocks. We still continue to make headlines for the wrong reasons, especially off the field. The JT-Anton drama, the smoke bomb, the potential move from the Bridge and the public mudslinging between the club and the CPO, etc.

10. The fowards. We started the season with 112 million pounds of talent and they scored a combined 38 goals (Drogba- 13, Danny-13, Torres- 11, Anelka- 1, Lukaku- 0). Worth mentioning that I expected more from Lukaku and while that may seem harsh despite his falling out with AVB, I think his first season was one to forget for him.

#36 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

#37 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Drogba's record:

http://www.thechels....chelsea-legend/

What a way to go out. Such a roller coaster ride. I remember him years ago saying he wanted to end up a Chelsea legend like some of those who came before him, job done.
Besides the ones from this season, off the top of my head, big moments I remember:
Scoring in extra time in the League Cup against Liverpool, helping secure our first trophy of the Roman era
The 35 yard rocket against Everton in 07? Had another against Bolton from the same area of the pitch too
The tying goaL against Barca in the group stages that Terry nodded down for him in the 93' to win the group
The oops goal off his knee against Arsenal that he celebrated in an appropriate manner
Any of his crazy side foot free kick goals, the Arse won stands out
The goal against Barca where he pushed it behind his standing leg, pivoted and hit it
The FA cup winner at the new Wembley
That crazy chest down at the top of the 18, pivot to shoot lefty against Pool which I was reminded of this season, with the goal against Gallas

Capable of goals few players can duplicate

Edited by Snakebauer007, 22 May 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#38 Vinho Tinto

• 3,697 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

"I wanted to take a penalty but they didn't let me." Good god, as talented as he is, he is so out of touch and not mentally strong. I'll always remember what he was at Liverpool, but glad he's no longer there. No way I'd want him back. I can see him going back to some team in Spain.

It all depends on how you view what he has left. I have to assume that you view him as past his prime. Otherwise, you'd take him back in a heartbeat. I think he's finally ready to settle in. If they sign Hulk, they can play him on the right and Torres in Drogba's spot. I think they would be a lethal combo.

#39 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I just don't think what he said was a huge deal, he was asked why he didn't take a penalty, he answered honestly.

It's certainly better than I was asked to take one of the first 5 but wasn't ready or what ever anelka said in 08

#40 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,158 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Positive #11: Proving that you can win the Champions League when your captain has the right of prima nocte with all WAGs. That was unprecedented, and a shot in the arm to all sexual predators everywhere.

I don't know if it's a positive or negative, but Terry also got to be the first racist on a podium in Munich in 67 years. That must count for something.

Edited by DLew On Roids, 24 May 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#41 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

http://thechels.net/..._medium=twitter

Some youngsters shine

#42 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Excuse me referee:

http://gifsoup.com/v...ta-torres-o.gif

#43 SoxFanInCali

• has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of a scouse

• 6,382 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Eden hazard@hazardeden10

I'm signing for the champion's league winner.

#44 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

What a nice day

#45 bosox4283

• 2,567 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

And Marca is circulating rumors that Guardiola is moving to London with his family and that is brother is meeting with Abramovich.

#46 teddykgb

• 3,646 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Let's just enjoy a few bold predictions by Apisith

Are you his agent?

I don't think Chelsea or City will make a play for him, which leaves Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. I'd rule out Spurs because they can't pay the wages and they are unstable at the moment. This leaves Arsenal and Man Utd. Both teams can afford the transfer fee and both teams can pay the wages he'll be demanding, which means it's just a straight choice. The French thing helps Arsenal but Man Utd's pull will be too strong, like it was for Smalling and Jones - two players who pretty much had a straight choice between Arsenal and Man Utd.

Where do you think he will end up?

and by ample evidence, I mean Hazard's quote that said that he was going to leave for England, which obviously rules out the two Spanish clubs, and quotes from people at Man Utd about how they're tracking him, and quotes from Ferguson about signings, which he is usually mum about. There are also quotes from Hazard's agent. I ruled out Spurs because they can't offer the wages, and City and Chelsea don't have room in their squad for him, so it leaves Man Utd and Arsenal, and I've given my reasons for why I think it's far likelier that he signs for Man Utd, which is why I said 'I reckon it's pretty much a done deal'.

On a more serious note, that CL win may have turned the tide on bringing in Hazard. City were obviously in on him, but I have to admit that I wanted him but worried about him. I can't say I saw much of Lille, so we're talking about Youtube scouting, but one thing that you don't see a lot of from him is end product -- a lot of incredible, magnificent, beautiful dribble moves, but they're not really leading to anything. It's like a 5% concern, I think he's going to be a magnificent player, I just worry that his penchant for flair may get in the way of doing productive things. Nonetheless, if he turns into the player everyone thinks he can be, this Chelsea squad is going to be a nightmare with Mata and Hazard in the midfield.

#47 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,190 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

In terms of end product he was 3rd in Ligue 1 in goals and tops in assists with 20 and 16 respectively.

Every tally:

#48 Apisith

• 1,230 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

Oh well, sometimes you're wrong, sometimes you're right. That was just a spectacular failure :rolling:

#49 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,223 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Can you please post about how United will never sign another good player?

#50 teddykgb

• 3,646 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

I think he's doing a good job recruiting folks for the MUFC Tablecloths, keep it up Apisith!

in re: finishing...i probably should have been clearer. The guy has clearly scored in France and many who watch him say that his totals are low due to the poor quality of his teammates, which is a bit scary. I guess I'm just saying that the things that really make me notice him are individual bouts of skill, but I'm not sure they do much. It's probably as much my fault as anything else, but I think he'll be an interesting player to track, he might destroy the PL next year and he also might find himself overwhelmed. Many say that the French league is more similar than most in terms of physicality, but again I just don't watch enough of it to really know for certain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users