Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Arsenal FC 2012-2013: I only wanted to see you underneath the purple rain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
570 replies to this topic

#251 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16,538 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Darke was saying shedload, not shitload. It's a euphemism, but he wasn't actually swearing on the air.

#252 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,158 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Whatever. Fuckin shocker a team built by people who only care about turning a profit gets the floor mopped with them against real clubs.

All those Glazers care about is trophies.

#253 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,223 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

#254 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16,983 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

That is hysterical

#255 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

That is hysterical

No no, this is hilarious.

#256 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Didn't think we deserved the three points, but would've loved to have it. Giroud was on fire today and he should have taken the penalty. Arteta was just miserable all game, and I have no idea why he was taking the corners let alone the penalty. If you leave it open at the back, you're going to concede. The "Bould effect" seems to be wearing off real fast.

Theo had two assists. Sign him.

#257 SidelineCameras

• 917 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

All season, I have been wondering who would take the penalties now that we-all-know-who is gone. I was surprised to see Arteta take it, I would have expected it to be Giroux or Carzola. Oh well, it wasn't a penalty anyway, and we didn't deserve the three points, and aw fuck I am getting tired of rationalizing this crap.

edit: spelling

Edited by SidelineCameras, 10 November 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#258 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Giroux is some cunt who plays for the Flyers.

I'd still rather have him take a PK than Arteta.

Fuckin eh

#259 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

My friend sent me this today:
Posted Image

#260 ifmanis5

• SoSH Member

• 11,897 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Woke up early to watch the big game. FFS.

#261 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,158 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hard to believe Henry has time to be at the Emirates, what with being up for the MLS MVP and all.

#262 ifmanis5

• SoSH Member

• 11,897 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Game has taken a turn in a good direction for Arsenal. More, please.

For the first time since RVP left, Arsenal finally has someone who can now be accurately described as 'very much the man in form.'

Edited by ifmanis5, 17 November 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#263 Dummy Hoy

• Angry Pissbum

• 2,964 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Is Cazorla always this awesome? That third goal where he refused to stay down and played on nearly made my heart burst with joy.

#264 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Tottenham, mind the gap! Tottenham Tottenham, mind the gap!

#265 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Game has taken a turn in a good direction for Arsenal. More, please.

For the first time since RVP left, Arsenal finally has someone who can now be accurately described as 'very much the man in form.'

Giroud or Walcott?

Is Cazorla always this awesome? That third goal where he refused to stay down and played on nearly made my heart burst with joy.

Yes.

Great effort from the lads today. Obviously, the sending off helped, but to come from behind and not let up was refreshing given the struggles in recent games. The front three of Podolski, Giroud, and Walcott is proving to be our best. The latter two are looking very nice together. Cazorla actually contributed today, which was nice. I mean that in the "he actually had space to maneuver" way, not that he has been bad lately. I suppose the back four would've looked worse had they been tested more. Good to see Woj back in net though.

When Cazorla and Wilshere start clicking, we will see marked improvement in the squad.

Montpellier Wednesday. COYG.

#266 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

I don't have shit to do all day besides watch this game, and I've been sitting in bed singing "Cazorla, WHOOOOOAAAAAAAA, Cazorla, WHOOOOOOOOAAA, He came from Malaga, to play with Arteta" to my empty house. This is a big game that could help us secure our place in the knockout phase (depending on what happens in Germany). We need to build off the momentum and confidence that comes with winning a Deby game.

Squad News: Walcott and Santos out, Gibbs and Gervinho in

-------------------Shez------------------
Sagna-----BFG--------Verm---Gibbs
--------King Tet---------Jack-----------
Ox---------------Caz--------------Poldi
-----------------Giroud------------------

Okay, time to shower and head out. COYG.

#267 Dernells Casket n Flagon

• 1,429 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Looks in the US this will only be on Fox Soccer Plus. Firstrow it is I guess.

#268 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Looks like we're through to the next round. Can't say that about every English team.

#269 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Jack's
Posted Image
Poldi's
Posted Image
Giroud with two assists.

#270 SidelineCameras

• 917 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Such a great way to start the Thanksgiving weekend. Nice, decent game, through to the next round, a trip to Greece for the last game where you might be able to rest some players, especially Cazorla and Arteta.

Now we just need Chelsea to finish third in their CL group.

#271 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Gadzidis actually went and made Arsenal some fucking sponsorship money this week.

Emirates deal now worth £30m a year, plus a new kit deal with Adidas (barf)

Maybe now we'll be able to afford to keep our stars. Haha, just kidding.

#272 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16,538 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

It's a shit deal.

Basically we get the same money for sponsoring our shirt per year as Sunderland.

#273 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

30m a year is a much better deal than the 5.5m we were getting.

#274 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16,538 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

30m a year is a much better deal than the 5.5m we were getting.

We are getting the same money as Sunderland for our shirt sponsorship. That's unacceptable.

Hidden deep into the press release is that the Emirates Stadium sponsorship has been extended until 2028, so to give you an idea of where we are, we're getting £20m a year for our shirt (Sunderland: £20m, Liverpool: £20m and openly saying they expect more from their next deal) and £10m per year for our stadium.

#275 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

I'd venture a guess and say that it's not 30 million and it's not 20 million per year. The stadium deal extension is for 7 years and if you go by the value of the current deal, it would be worth £2.8 million per, £19.6 million total (Quite honestly, I don't see much value in the stadium naming rights anyway). That would leave £130 million for the shirt deal with a per year value of £26 million. I don't think it's a great deal, but it is significantly better than what we are currently getting. I know that it'd put us at #2 as far as shirt deals go, far behind United, but with other clubs looking to negotiate new shirt deals in the near-term, this deal will look worse real fast. It's not that lengthy of a contract though, so that's Arsenal will be able to get a new contract fairly soon. Remember, there's also the add-ons, though I doubt Arsenal gets them with the way the club is currently run (unless the bonuses are based on profits!).

Also, we're supposed to be making a deal with Adidas soon. Or at least Adidas has been highly speculated, as far as our new kit manufacturer. We'll see how that goes. I'm prepared to be disappointed by that as well.

Tomorrow should be an interesting game. Villa is not good. We will be without Theo again. I'd like to see Gibbs back. It's a game where we should thrash them, but we'll see. Arsenal loves to make things more difficult than they are. It'd be nice to get a relaxing win.

#276 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

First half = Zzzzzzzzzzzz

#277 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Compete embarrassment. Throw Ramsey in a volcano.

#278 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,158 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

I should just sit back and enjoy watching you guys gripe, but I don't think there's anything to be embarrassed about drawing with Villa at Villa Park. They've been playing better recently and have the talent be competitive against top clubs, especially at home.

#279 SidelineCameras

• 917 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

These nil/nil draws away don't bother me that much. Dropping points against Fulham at home is much worse to me than 0-0 at Stoke and at Villa.

I do hope the Spanish midfielders can get a rest soon, I am worried about them wearing down. I though Szczesny had a good game considering the weather and the fact that he's only recently returned from injury. I'm glad his unlucky slip-and-slide out of the box didn't lead to a goal.

#280 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

I didn't see the game or any highlights, but from what I've heard, Villa looked the better side. Also, that Ramsey should be thrown into a volcano. I guess it speaks to the squad depth and stuff we've already hashed and rehashed and is probably old hat at this point. I can't say that I'm happy about it, but results like this really prove what we've been talking about, while results like last week mask it.

Everton Wednesday. Now, that is an important three points.

#281 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25,690 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Walcott scores 1 minute into the match against Everton.

#282 BostonJack42

• 192 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Anyone have a link to watch this?

#283 SidelineCameras

• 917 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Well I didn't mean I wanted *every* away game to be a draw.

#284 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Stan decided to shell out some money

Except it was on a $132.5m ranch.

i will celebrate the day he sells this club and we get out from under this torture.

#285 SidelineCameras

• 917 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

i will celebrate the day he sells this club and we get out from under this torture.

Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon. Why would he, when the club is profitable?

#286 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

The only way we will ever get a glimpse at Silent Stan's hole cards is to miss the Champions League

#287 hunter05

• 4,944 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I don't care either way, but that place looks beautiful and I would kick a kitten to live there. Sorry.

#288 SidelineCameras

• 917 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Well, I f'ing give up. I'm usually a sports optimist but this whole "no scoring" thing isn't really working this season. And yes, we had the #1 scorer in the EPL last season and blah blah blah I'm not saying anything we don't already know. Maybe falling out of the Champions League will shake the money tree a little bit.

#289 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

We sold the league to Manchester. I'm so unhappy and upset about everything this season.

#290 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,158 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

It must have really sucked to only get Cazorla, Podolski, and Giroud last summer. All the other EPL clubs really ratcheted open the pocketbooks by comparison.

#291 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,864 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

And lose our best player and our CDM in the same summer. But sure lets just frame it how you see fit to troll.

#292 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,158 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

You mean getting eight figures for a striker who's about to hit his sell-by date and with only a year left on his contract, and selling a player who the fans never rated?

The level of entitlement and delusion here is laughable. Yes, Arsenal have sold players--but only to the few clubs in the world that have more resources than they do: Man City, Man U, Barcelona. They might even--horrors!--have to sell to Real Madrid or Chelsea someday. And do any of those sales look like bargains right now? You think Man U is going to enjoy writing a £10M bonus check to RVP when he's 33 years old? Or how about making a £15M profit on Alex freakin' Song? Does that seem like a bad idea? Because it probably brought you Santi Cazorla.

Meanwhile, Arsenal has spent at least £10M on a player every year since the 06-07 season. Only one English club, Man U, has a longer streak. Man U is also the only non-oligarch-financed club that's spent more on players since then. When Arsenal put five goals past Spurs a few weeks ago, did you notice that four of the goals were scored by last summer's signings?

But by all means, dismiss me pointing out the obvious as trolling if it makes it easier for you Arsenal fans feel sorry for yourselves. It's surely lack of investment that has you behind big spenders like West Brom and Everton.

Edited by DLew On Roids, 03 December 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#293 soxfan121

• minidope/racontuer

• 15,580 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

This thread is always the polar opposite of the Chelsea thread - over there, the owner can do no wrong, the players are lauded for loyalty and it's the coach-of-the-moment who's fucking it all up. Over here in Gooner-land, the owners can do nothing right, the players have no loyalty and the coach is the only one who is keeping it from being totally fucked up.

Or, this thread is like watching "Say Yes to The Dress" - a bunch of bitchy (perpetual) bridesmaids having a cat fight about the father of the bride's tight budget and the super-awesome taste of Arsene the fashion plate.

Either way - highly entertaining shit. Woe is us - we might finish fourth again!

#294 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,223 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Its funny....I think Alex Song is worth the 15 mil Barcelona paid for him, and I think Luka Modric is worth every penny that Real paid for him...but its hard to justify for the Spanish clubs because their squads are so huge and they barely get games.

#295 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,223 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just to expand on what I wrote above, I would have happily paid the price Barca did for Alex Song...because he is something that United need. Modric the same. But I still don't understand Barca going after him.

#296 PedroSpecialK

• 16,983 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just to expand on what I wrote above, I would have happily paid the price Barca did for Alex Song...because he is something that United need. Modric the same. But I still don't understand Barca going after him.

Their insistence on playing Masch out of position is really bizarre. Almost every Barça match I've seen recently has featured Mascherano at CB and he's always looked physically overmatched.

£10m more this summer and there's no doubt they could've had Agger as well as a world-class D-mid in Masch

Edited by PedroSpecialK, 03 December 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#297 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,223 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't even think people consider Mascherano anything but a center back anymore.

#298 URI

• stands for life, liberty and the uturian way of life

• 10,149 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

#299 PedroSpecialK

• 16,983 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Has he lost that much of a step? Am I nuts?

I just find it so weird that one of the best DMs in the world is bought at age 26 and immediately switched to a position where the results are mixed at best.

#300 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,944 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

DLew, are you saying that we should happy for not spending £35 million for Andy Carroll and scalping Malaga to get Santi?

I don't even think people consider Mascherano anything but a center back anymore.

I'm pretty sure Mascherano still plays holding midfielder, at least according to the Argentine I talked to on Saturday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users