Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Rivera injured in BP. Diagnosed With A Torn ACL.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
218 replies to this topic

#201 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,248 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Really? You didn't see the knee buckle inwards on that awkward step? Classic ACL tear movement. I should know, I blew out mine in a similar fashion. Yes, yes, Rivera's a pro athlete and cyborg while I'm a desk-sitter with soft, white hands so perhaps he can take more punishment, but it definitely looked like the stereotypical knee blowout.

Not to mention your creamy thighs.

Edited by DLew On Roids, 08 May 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#202 BucketOBalls

• SoSH Member

• 5,644 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Rivera's agent after leaving the doctor tomorrow... "we ran into complications"

This is exactly why I it seemed that Rivera needed to wait and see before making his proclamation...these things are not exact...

We'll see what the complications are in the coming days I imagine...

They discovered he's actually a robot.

#203 bsj

• Renegade Crazed Genius

• 15,468 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...ot-in-calf.html

#204 terrynever

• SoSH Member

• 6,372 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Surgery scheduled for June 12:

http://espn.go.com/n...urn-2013-season

#205 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 17,487 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Mariano Rivera@MarianoRivera

My surgery was a success, it went perfectly. I am looking forward to beginning my rehab soon. Thanks as always for your prayers. #GodBless

#206 Worst Trade Evah

• SoSH Member

• 10,834 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

He gives god bless a hashtag? I don't understand that. The twitter frightens and confuses me, but are a lot of people subscribing to #GodBless?

#207 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 17,487 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

He seems to be far from alone in that:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23GodBless

#208 502 to Right

• brandon spikes: child destroyer

• 1,201 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

He gives god bless a hashtag? I don't understand that. The twitter frightens and confuses me, but are a lot of people subscribing to #GodBless?

In my twitter experience, people often use a hashtag to express a point of view, rather than a way for people to read all the tweets with #____________ as a hashtag.

For example, golfer Bubba Watson often uses #golfisreallyhard as a hashtag but I doubt many people are looking for #golfisreallyhard tweets.

#209 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 17,487 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Joel Sherman with a pretty interesting interview with one of Rivera's doctors, who isn't totally ruling out his return this year:

http://www.nypost.co...JP19NBdvzfDZPQK

#210 ThePrideofShiner

• 2,861 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

How crazy would it be if both Joba and Rivera came back this season?

#211 derekson

• 3,660 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

Cashman also reiterated he doesn't think Mo is coming back this year.

Andrew Marchand on twitter

I think it's fair to say that it's still remotely possible, but I don't think it's realistic or fair to expect to see him this season.

Edited by derekson, 11 July 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#212 tims4wins

• PN23's replacement

• 7,174 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Considering retirement?

#213 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 17,487 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

That is a really strangely written piece, he talks about 'sources" in the opening sentence but the rest of it is old news re-hash. Maybe they just wanted to get something up and there is a second, better written version in the works.

#214 terrynever

• SoSH Member

• 6,372 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

That is a really strangely written piece, he talks about 'sources" in the opening sentence but the rest of it is old news re-hash. Maybe they just wanted to get something up and there is a second, better written version in the works.

They could start by actually getting Rivera on the phone and talking to him.

Personally, I wish Mo would retire. Not sure I want to see him come back at 80 percent or less. Not sure I want to see the Yankees tell him to take a pay cut. Mo has always been above the fray. Just walk away with head held high.

#215 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 17,487 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Now it's been rewritten, they got Cashman on the record:

"New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said closer Mariano Rivera informed him earlier this week that he is unsure if he will play again or retire.
Cashman told ESPN New York that on Tuesday he and Rivera had a conversation in which Rivera said he does not know yet if he will return for a 19th season.
"He wasn't certain on what he is going to do," Cashman said."

http://espn.go.com/n...cording-sources

#216 abty

• PipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

No shock. He will come back, though. You know it. He doesnt want to go out that way. He and andy will talk family all winter until they agree to do their farewell tour just like chipper jones did this year.

Edited by abty, 25 October 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#217 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 22,732 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

He might get twenty million reasons not to retire.

If not him, who then? He's got more than enough goodwill to get away with anything he wants to get away with.

#218 wutang112878

• SoSH Member

• 5,674 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

This 'not sure' about playing thing is pretty meaningless. Mo is 43 and coming off a major injury. I am pretty sure that the majority of the time athletes over 35 who are coming off a major injury tell their GM 'they arent sure' if they are coming back. In addition, Mo could be using this stance to gain leverage in negotiations. I think the most relevant piece of information is Girardi's story about Mo trying to throw too soon, if that is indeed true then thats a better indication of his intentions than the 'not sure what I'm going to do' thing.

#219 JimD

• 4,743 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Buster Olney was talking about this on Mike & Mike this morning - he thinks the Yankees are pushing for a pay cut and possibly a new contract with incentives, so it's not hard to see being Rivera's reaction to that.