Cook has two opt outs one 1 May and another 1 June
“I’ll make a decision when I feel like it’s time to make a decision,” he said after the PawSox’ seven-inning, 7-1 win over Durham. “I haven’t made a decision yet.”
Cook actually has two opt-outs, one that arrives a week from Tuesday, with another residing on June 1 if he chooses not to utilize the first go-round.
There was some talk that Cook was intent on having a decision made, one way or another, by the May 1 deadline. But he said after his latest start that isn’t necessarily the case.
“Nope,” said Cook when asked if he has shut the door on extending his stay in Pawtucket. “There’s no reason to.
Dice K is on a rehab and could be available as early as 23 May.
So what does the front Office do?
Apparently Beckett, Lester, and Bard are staying in the rotation. That leaves Clay and Dubront as the moveables. Barring an injury of course.
What I would like to see is Cooke called up and Take Clay's spot and shift clay to the pen till he can get his shit together.
What I think will is they will somehow convince Cooke to wait till June 1 and than displace Dubront to the pen if no one is broken by then.
I have no idea what happens when Dice K is ready.
My secret wish would be to keep Bard in the pen and call up Cook. I see that as best for the team at this moment.
Edited by Harry Agganis, 24 April 2012 - 01:34 PM.