Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Game 6 - Choke Time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1223 replies to this topic

#1201 Dogman2

• Yukon Cornelius

• 10954 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Lead us, NYCSox.

My belief in you will never waver.

You better pass some credit my way. I'll ask again, should I start a gamethread first and then NYCSox starts his and everyone posts in his?

#1202 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 9416 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Wow, what a finish to that game. I'll be the first to admit I was being a jackass yelling "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT" when Seguin started in on Holtby. I thought he was going to run out of real estate, but that was a beauty of a head/shoulder fake. Awesome. I'd venture to say Seguins performance today was better than Game 2 against Tampa, given the circumstances of facing elimination on the road.

That was a pretty gritty performance from the B's today. They didn't look like they had anything left in the tank after the first period, but somehow found a way to pop 2 by.

#1203 Duende Roomer

• 1464 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Seguin really turned on the jets to get to open ice for Looch's pass. Nice to see the speed finally put to use.

Edited by Duende Roomer, 22 April 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#1204 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16812 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

You better pass some credit my way. I'll ask again, should I start a gamethread first and then NYCSox starts his and everyone posts in his?

Posted Image

#1205 PedroSpecialK

• 16812 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Seguin really turned on the jets to get to open ice for Looch's pass. Nice to see the speed finally put to use.

Reminded me of the hat trick goal in Toronto when he just blew by Komisarek. He did this to Wideman so I guess it's not so different.

#1206 OldSaintJohn

• swansoned his way on the site

• 732 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hamrlik led all Caps D in ES + PK time...if that happens in Game 7 I like our chances

Posted Image

#1207 Judge Mental13

• designated driver

• 4736 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

All I have to say is:

Posted Image

#1208 Norm Siebern

• 2646 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

The Caps' fan's sphincters just shut. This is one franchise that is haunted by choke after choke after choke in the playoffs. You could'nt get a vaseline greased pin up their bunghole right now it is so tight. I will thoroughly enjoy the local sportscast tonight.

#1209 Al Zarilla

• SoSH Member

• 20523 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Late to the party, but how does one embed videos on the new site?

Just copy/paste the URL of the video where you'd put a reply.

#1210 MiracleOfO2704

• not AWOL

• 2599 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

#1211 JimBoSox9

• will you be my friend?

• 12220 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

I am utterly convinced that if Washington Capitals were the only players passing the puck to Washington Capitals, the Washington Capitals would have no chance of winning this series, or game 7 of said series.

#1212 PedroSpecialK

• 16812 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Posted Image

#1213 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15209 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Nice.

Had to be on the road during the game and was stuck with the Caps radio guys. Watching the highlights was like watching a completely different game than the one I heard on the radio. They never described how goals happened, wouldn't/didn't say who penalties were on, what they were penalized for, or when they got out of the box.

It was kind of funny watching the NHL.com highlights. They show goals and the immediate aftermath before moving on to the next highlight, but those few seconds were plenty long enough to catch Pierre immediately shouting that the Caps wanted a high stick before the first B's goal and an interference before the second goal. Give it a fucking rest dude. NHL players are so goddamn lucky because A)they are NHL players and B)they don't have to watch the NBC broadcasts of their games. At least Doc is alright because he is super-excitable every time a goal is scored, and if he ever sounds like a douche it's probably because he's parroting things that Pierre and Eddie O are saying or following their lead. Unfortunately Pierre and Eddie are the worst.

#1214 Turrable

• 2164 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, I had to listen to the Caps radio broadcast of game 5, and I'm convinced that the guy doing the play-by-play was doing his first radio call ever. There were no descriptions of anything; dude had no clue what he was watching and you could tell he was a few seconds behind every play. His crying orgasm when they scored the game winner was reminiscent of something one of their (obnoxiously plentiful) 14 year old female fans would have delivered.

Edited by Turrable, 23 April 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#1215 TheoShmeo

• made johnny damon think long and hard

• 7979 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

I had a teammate in college (floor hockey) who routinely shot at the goalie's head early in games to try to make him skittish. He had a phenomenally accurate shot and was able to get close or hit the goalie in the noggin more often than not.

So I particularly loved this:

“The first thing that came to mind was pass,’’ said Seguin. “But I got closer, and decided to shoot for his head, thinking maybe we’d get a rebound.’’

#1216 Mloaf71

• 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

Anyone know a good Bruins bar to watch Weds. night in DC?

Not a Bruins bar but we have been watching the games at the Green Turtle attached to the Verizon Center. Wearing Bruins gear and having friendly banter with Caps fans.

We may be thinking Union Pub for Game 7 though.

#1217 steveluck7

• 1103 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

It was kind of funny watching the NHL.com highlights. They show goals and the immediate aftermath before moving on to the next highlight, but those few seconds were plenty long enough to catch Pierre immediately shouting that the Caps wanted a high stick before the first B's goal and an interference before the second goal. Give it a fucking rest dude. NHL players are so goddamn lucky because A)they are NHL players and B)they don't have to watch the NBC broadcasts of their games. At least Doc is alright because he is super-excitable every time a goal is scored, and if he ever sounds like a douche it's probably because he's parroting things that Pierre and Eddie O are saying or following their lead. Unfortunately Pierre and Eddie are the worst.

I think Pierre was saying that they thought the goal was scored by being played with a high stick. I'm actually 90% convinced that they initially credited Bergeron with the goal so that it could be looked at since his stick probably was too high to play the puck.

#1218 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 7980 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Pierre's not so bad--the guy has a raging boner for the Bruins which offsets the other Two Amigos at least a little bit. He was right too, that the Caps wanted it waved off for being played with a high stick.

Olcyzk can get fucked, though, and you're high if you think Emrick is "alright."

#1219 The Four Peters

• can peacefully dougie off this mortal coil

• 10947 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Emrick isn't biased though, he's just terrible. He's lost it in the booth and can't coherently call the action. I don't detect any animosity towards the Bruins either. And Pierre basically blew the Bruins all throughout the SCF last year, he's ok in my book. I don't always agree with him, but it's not like he's sitting up high watching over the action, a lot of time he has to make calls/judgements from ice level and does a pretty good job of it.

Olczyk is just horrible though. I've never liked him as an analyst and he continues to get worse and worse. I usually just shrug off claims of announcer bias (a la Tim McCarver...he just sucks he isn't biased) but for some reason EVERYTHING Olczyk says is tilted against the Bruins. I have no idea why, and it doesn't even anger me, just leaves me slightly annoyed and puzzled.

#1220 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7182 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

He probably always loses big at Suffolk Downs or something.

#1221 Titoschew

• 2842 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Olczyk is just horrible though. I've never liked him as an analyst and he continues to get worse and worse. I usually just shrug off claims of announcer bias (a la Tim McCarver...he just sucks he isn't biased) but for some reason EVERYTHING Olczyk says is tilted against the Bruins. I have no idea why, and it doesn't even anger me, just leaves me slightly annoyed and puzzled.

"STOP IT RIGHT THERE. LOOK AT TIM THOMAS. YOU NEED TO SHOOT IT AWAY FROM TIM THOMAS OR WAIT A SECOND TO DO SOMETHING ELSE"

Thank Eddie.

#1222 Nomar813

• SoSH Member

• 6208 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

#1223 NYCSox

• chris hansen of goats

• 6311 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Will have Game 7 thread up this afternoon.

#1224 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 6007 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

You sound like the lazy guy on my team who sends out email updates "I'll have it done by EOD" and it still isn't done the next day.