Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

4/3 - B's vs. Penguins - MEANINGLESS HOCKEY!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
367 replies to this topic

#351 BoSoxFink

• Stripes

• 4751 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Boychuk plays 5 more minutes per game than McQuaid. He plays on the top 2 pairings, the occasional PP, and he anchors the penalty kill. I love McQuaid, but he does none of that.

It's not so simple as "Eh, McQuaid can fill in." You're moving guys around and putting them in rolls that they are not comfortable in.

McQuaid does non of it bc he hasn't been asked to yet. All I'm saying is that I don't think there is a huge difference between McQuaid and Boychuck. I would rather have Boychuck, but mainly my point was I would rather lose him than Pevs. Still sucks tho

#352 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7697 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

We could really use a bionic Boychuk.

Posted Image

#353 BoSoxFink

• Stripes

• 4751 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

McQuaid is a better fighter than Boychuk, that is the only thing McQuaid can do better than Boychuk. They aren't really comparable players otherwise.
There is a reason he is the 3rd on the B's with 20:53 TOI per game.
This is a massive loss for a team that plays a defense first system.

I think Boychucks ice time is higher bc he played with Chara so much for the majority of the year, which also makes his game look better by default. We will see, I'm sure, but I think if you pair McQuaid with Chara for most of the year he would look just as good

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a huge difference between them other than the PP

Edited by BoSoxFink, 03 April 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#354 Haunted

• The Man in the Box

• 2158 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

What's the point of the diving penalty if they're never going to call it?

#355 MiracleOfO2704

• not AWOL

• 2625 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image

Was that awesome, other Bionic Boychuk?
No, first Bionic Boychuk, no it wasn't.

#356 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15308 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

What's the point of the diving penalty if they're never going to call it?

Pretty sure the rule was secretly taken out of the book.

#357 twibnotes

• SoSH Member

• 8455 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Does anyone have a clip or description of the Boychuk play?

Sorry to bring up a bad subject. Hopefully it's not as bad as everyone is making it sound.

#358 BoSoxFink

• Stripes

• 4751 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Sorry to bring up a bad subject. Hopefully it's not as bad as everyone is making it sound.

I don't have a clip, but trust me when I say a persons knee should not bend the way his did

#359 twibnotes

• SoSH Member

• 8455 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

I don't have a clip, but trust me when I say a persons knee should not bend the way his did

Ugh. Knew it was bad when I saw McGahee's name being referenced.

Big loss (I am in the camp that says Boychuk >> McQuaid)

#360 MiracleOfO2704

• not AWOL

• 2625 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Basically, Asham comes up on Boychuk and legs make contact before body. It was lateral, so really no intent to injure, but Boychuk's left knee definitely bent the wrong way.

If lucky, the Bruins are looking at another knee sprain and 4-6 weeks, like Peverley. I don't think they got that lucky.

#361 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15308 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

I wish preventing knee injuries was as simple as preventing sprained ankles with a good tape job.

#362 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15308 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs
Johnny Boychuk just walked out of #bruins dressing room with a heavy limp and said he was doing okay. Looked like he was hurting #BruinsTalk

Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs
But the best news for Boychuk was that he walked out of @tdgarden under his own power...even if he was limping. No crutches #BruinsTalk

Gravity normal, air returning, terror replaced by cautious optimism...

Edited by Jed Zeppelin, 03 April 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#363 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16884 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Wow. That's... encouraging to say the very least. If its a deep bruise or even a sprain that's a huge bullet dodged.

#364 BoSoxFink

• Stripes

• 4751 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'm still worried, even with ACL problems you can walk fine. The problem is turning and twisting the knee

#365 Nomar813

• SoSH Member

• 6314 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

What's that, other Boychuk? I'm already bionic? I sure am; I sure am.

#366 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15308 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

I'm still worried, even with ACL problems you can walk fine. The problem is turning and twisting the knee

For sure. I'm still fully expecting a tear, but have to hold out hope that he's walking around because it isn't as bad as it looked rather than walking around because the damage is already done and it can't get any worse.

#367 Myt1

• thinks tim thomas is a dick-fil-a

• 19278 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

For sure. I'm still fully expecting a tear, but have to hold out hope that he's walking around because it isn't as bad as it looked rather than walking around because the damage is already done and it can't get any worse.

The leg didn't look too planted when the contact occurred, and the lack of friction with skates tends to help even more on hits like this one (as opposed to cleats sunk into the ground, for example). If Boychuck's got some natural laxity in his joint, I can see him escaping serious injury.

#368 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 8214 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

"Natural laxity" is a great phrase.