Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?
Thursday Game thread
Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:27 PM
Edited by mabrowndog, 15 March 2012 - 08:28 PM.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:29 PM
That game would have been 9,487,587,238 times more exciting with Gus Johnson on the mike. Christ, CBS is a bunch of stupid fucks for letting him go. This announcing crew was like listening to a philosophy professor.
You just can't have March Madness without Gus. It's been a generally blah day anyway because of the blowouts but without Gus, it's been VERY sleepy.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:32 PM
That game would have been 9,487,587,238 times more exciting with Gus Johnson on the mike. Christ, CBS is a bunch of stupid fucks for letting him go. This announcing crew was like listening to a philosophy lecture.
Sublime: Gus doing play-by-play on the Chomsky-Foucault debate.
Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:02 AM
- Drummond: 1-4 from the floor, 2 points, 3 rebounds
- Oriakhi: 1-4 from the floor, 2 points, 3 rebounds
And in the "there are many ways to win (or lose) department"...
- UConn won the turnover battle 11-4 (just 4 turnovers is pretty awesome), hit one more 3-pointer (7-6), and went to the line 22 times, but lost by 13. Why? They got killed on the glass (40-21) and Iowa State shot great (48.1% from the floor, 95.0% from the line).
- The bigs for UConn (Drummond, Oriakhi, Olander, Smith) took a grand total of 13 shots, despite a significant size advantage. Meanwhile, the guards for UConn (Boatright, Lamb, and Napier) took 14, 15, and 13 shots, respectively.
Gads, what an awful performance by UConn.
Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:36 AM
Andre Drummond looks like he has no idea what to do with the ball in the post. It's amazing how under-developed his offensive game is.
And yet, he'll still likely be a top 3 or top 5 pick. Amazing. Must be nice to be born with a 6'11", insanely athletic frame. Life is not fair.
Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:36 AM
Picks I'm worried about today:
- Memphis over St. Louis. That's a tossup game, but I also had Memphis (who is playing very well lately) to upset Michigan State in the next round, so I could get killed here.
- Georgetown over Belmont. A lot of people are picking Belmont. I had G-town getting to the Sweet 16, so I'd rather not lose this one here.
- Florida State over St. Bonaventure. I have FSU going to the Sweet 16, and they should beat the Bonnies, but that game scares me a little. FSU can run hot and cold.
Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:52 AM
My upset pick is NC St over SDSU, who've stumbled through the end of this season. Lots of people in my office pool are going with SDSU (as we're in San Diego), so it could be a big win for me.
Reply to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users