Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Luke Scott thinks Sox fans are arrogant and vulgar...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 doctormoist

• SoSH Member

• 6293 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

http://eye-on-baseba...297882/35036524

#2 CaptainLaddie

• dj paul pfieffer

• 22580 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Luke Scott's an asshole.

#3 ToeKneeArmAss

• Paul Byrd's pitching coach

• 2242 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Luke Scott's an asshole.

Case closed.

#4 AlNipper49

• Huge Member

• 33634 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

I agree with him and with that I find a great source of pride.

#5 ShaneTrot

• 4449 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

I watch sports because I like athletic excellence, grace (or catastrophic failure) under pressure, rooting for the hometown team and of course, to root against the opposition. So it is fun to have athletes that do not have enough brains to keep their mouths shut. Keep it up Luke Scott and Brandon Jacobs, there is nothing like rooting against you and reveling in your mediocrity.

#6 Foulkey Reese

• foulkiavelli

• 20020 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Luke Scott, Kyle Farnsworth, Joe Maddon, cowbells, stupid cat DJ, and noted rapist Josh Lueke.

Rays are going to be a fun team to root against this year.

#7 TheoShmeo

• made johnny damon think long and hard

• 8030 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

This only makes me want to go to more Sox games in Baltimore going forward.

It's interesting that he's picking on Boston fans when NY and I assume Philly during inter-league games also completely take over Camden.

#8 tims4wins

• PN23's replacement

• 6593 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

This only makes me want to go to more Sox games in Baltimore going forward.

It's interesting that he's picking on Boston fans when NY and I assume Philly during inter-league games also completely take over Camden.

He's on the Rays now

#9 brs3

• sings praises of pinstripes

• 3528 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Who is this Luke Scott guy? Can he prove he was born in the United States?!

#10 TheoShmeo

• made johnny damon think long and hard

• 8030 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

He's on the Rays now

I know. But the venue that he lamented Sox fans taking over is Baltimore. Presumably, if it annoyed him, it annoyed his Baltimore teammates. Here's to more of that.

And between that horrible stadium, the annoying cowbells and where that stadium is, I have no desire to travel down to Tampa just so I can heckle this asswipe.

#11 Laser Show

• 3201 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

My favorite part was this:

'Go home Boston! Pack your bags. See you next year.

Let him enjoy this. After all, he has only had 3 plate appearances in the postseason, in the NLDS with the 2005 Houston Astros.

#12 24JoshuaPoint

• Grand Theft Duvet

• 3205 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

I think he's a weenie.

#13 Bongorific

• 4644 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Wait a minute. Luke Scott is still on a MLB team? Luke is not very good at the baseball.

#14 brs3

• sings praises of pinstripes

• 3528 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

The Brian Daubach of Stupid.

#15 Savin Hillbilly

• SoSH Member

• 11219 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

The Brian Daubach of Stupid.

He's much better at stupid than that.

#16 OnWisc

• 968 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

"I rolled down the window and I'm like, 'Ah, hah, sucks doesn't it, when someone laughs or makes fun of you when things aren't going your way.'"

And I'm like, so Luke Scott essentially took the first opportunity he had to laugh or make fun of other people when things didn't go their way.

Given his apparent distaste for vulgarity, I'm sure this is precisely how he worded it, too. Boy I'd hate to be the Sox fan outside Camden Yards that night who caught such a vicious broadside.

#17 InstantKarmma

• Defender of Roadrunners

• 5724 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Luke Scott's an asshole.

He's also a birther:

"[Obama] was not born here," Scott asserted to Answer Man in the session's last segment. "That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go — within 10 minutes — to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, 'See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.' The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything."

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=mlb-292970

#18 C4CRVT

• 2355 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Baltimore was probably the most overrun of all of the away stadiums with Red Sox fans. If I were an Oriole, that would bug me too. On top of that, the Red Sox have had the O's number for quite a few years.

I find it hard to believe that Yankee fans are in any way less vulgar or obnoxious. I think I'd feel more or less the same way he does if I were in his shoes, especially if what he says about how he or his teammates were treated by RS fans is true.

All of that said, I don't give half a rats ass what Luke Scott thinks. Any fall from grace is accompanied by rejoicing of the previously oppressed.

#19 Andrew

• broke his neck in costa rica

• 9483 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'd rather be arrogant and vulgar than ignorant and racist.

#20 xjack

• Futbol Crazed

• 5155 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Luke Scott participated in an ESPN special a few years ago in which he said he never drove anywhere without a loaded handgun in his lap. The guy has a screw loose.

#21 stevman17

• 974 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Luke Scott has officially made me interested in heckling athletes again.

#22 rembrat

• SoSH Member

• 22713 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Well, yea.

#23 Savin Hillbilly

• SoSH Member

• 11219 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Baltimore was probably the most overrun of all of the away stadiums with Red Sox fans. If I were an Oriole, that would bug me too. On top of that, the Red Sox have had the O's number for quite a few years.

I made it to the Yards for the first time last August. It was the day after the hurricane blew through, and the Yankees were in town. We bought tickets on the spur of the moment (there were lots of seats available at every price level, on the Sunday before Labor Day against the MFY).

What amazed me was that in the upper-deck section we were in, not only were there more Yankee than Oriole caps....there were more Red Sox than Oriole caps.

If the Orioles want to be pissed off at fans, they should be pissed off at their own. Opposition fans' vulgarity is not usually audible if your own fans show up.

#24 darnedsox

• 189 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

so....he leaves one team semi-dependant on visiting club fans to fill seats to a team totally dependant. cool

#25 Toe Nash

• 2944 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Luke Scott wasn't even playing in that final game (or series). Or any game past July. It would be like Dice-K talking trash.

#26 Oil Can Dan

• 4862 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Where's Pedro when you need him?

#27 drleather2001

• given himself a skunk spot

• 13934 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

I think people have dealt with the Yankees being annoying for so long that they just take it as a given.

"Yankees in town? Oh boy, gonna be packed tonight! Hot game!"

There's this bizarre feeling, I also think, among casual fans that Yankees fans (and perhaps players too, I dunno) have somehow earned their right to be everywhere at all times, because "THEY'RE THE YANKEES!" In other words, the Yankees are baseball's version of the Harlem Globetrotters. In the eyes of many, they can do no wrong.*

It must sting for them to have to deal with another team in the same fashion. I doubt it has much to do with the fans themselves so much as it's just an embarrassing thing to deal with. I have no doubt that if Rays fans started invading the Rogers Center every time they played the Blue Jays, Jays fans would think Rays fans were the most annoying fucking team, with the most annoying fanbase, ever.

*There are, obviously, exceptions to this. I am pleased to live in a place, Minnesota, where people hate the Yankees more than any other team with the likely exception of the White Sox, who are their predominant division rivals. People here begrudgingly respect Red Sox fans, but loathe the Yankees. Not even close.

#28 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16834 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

I rolled down the window and I'm like, 'Ah, hah, sucks doesn't it, when someone laughs or makes fun of you when things aren't going your way.'"

Good one Luke

Edited by PedroSpecialK, 01 March 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#29 reggiecleveland

• sublime

• 13522 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I expect part of Bobby V's trying too hard will be to drill this guy

#30 mauidano

• Mai Tais for everyone!

• 12651 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I love this guy! Everytime he opens his pie hole he has something ridiculous to say. Joe Maddon is going to have a good time with this piece of shit. Beckett needs to get back in good graces and buzz the tower.

#31 someoneanywhere

• 3131 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

[/i][/size][/font][/color]

Good one Luke

That's the class he was so gracious to find in St. Louis. I guess it exists only there, no?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? A couple of seasons ago I scored a seat 15 rows above the Sox dugout in Baltimore. This was a getaway game won by the Sox in extras, thanks in part to all of all people Julio Lugo, and the day after the Sox infamously blew that huge lead and lost to the Os in what remains the greatest comeback in Os history. And the whole time he's leading me to my seat, the usher is killing me, in Scottian terms: "You people come here and you take over this place and you think you're so good and it just pisses me off . . .this is our place and you should respect that . . . blah blah blah." The whole time.

Then he dried my seat. And I tipped him.

#32 greek_gawd_of_walks

• SoSH Member

• 5264 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Luke Scott should suffer a fate similar to Steve Irwin's. But instead of dying near the Great Barrier Reef, he's going to be found in a three foot kiddie pool in right center.

He sounds like just a miserable human being.

Edited by greek_gawd_of_walks, 01 March 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#33 joyofsox

• empty, bleak

• 6264 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

That teabagger thinks Sox fans are vulgar now? Wait until April 13!

#34 Fishercat

• Svelte and sexy!

• 4351 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

I cannot wait to hear the crowd when Boston's first home series comes against Tampa if Luke Scott even comes out of the dugout. Granted, there's the potential that he's the dumbest player in baseball until Elijah Dukes makes his comeback, so it's almost a compliment.

#35 riboflav

• 2867 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

That's the class he was so gracious to find in St. Louis. I guess it exists only there, no?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? A couple of seasons ago I scored a seat 15 rows above the Sox dugout in Baltimore. This was a getaway game won by the Sox in extras, thanks in part to all of all people Julio Lugo, and the day after the Sox infamously blew that huge lead and lost to the Os in what remains the greatest comeback in Os history. And the whole time he's leading me to my seat, the usher is killing me, in Scottian terms: "You people come here and you take over this place and you think you're so good and it just pisses me off . . .this is our place and you should respect that . . . blah blah blah." The whole time.

Then he dried my seat. And I tipped him.

You have to tip those guys?

#36 Andrew

• broke his neck in costa rica

• 9483 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

These sounds like a time where a tip was worth it.

#37 pedro1918

• 2562 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Luke Scott participated in an ESPN special a few years ago in which he said he never drove anywhere without a loaded handgun in his lap. The guy has a screw loose.

He also hides loaded guns all around his house. One day we will hear about a visitor to Luke Scott's home who sat on a couch and shot him or herself in the ass because there was a loaded handgun between the pillows, just in case an intruder broke in. I only hope it's Luke himself.

#38 ToeKneeArmAss

• Paul Byrd's pitching coach

• 2242 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Baltimore was probably the most overrun of all of the away stadiums with Red Sox fans. If I were an Oriole, that would bug me too.

So I get it that it would bug you that your ownership put such a shitty product together that the local fans would stay away in droves, leaving lots of seats for Red Sox fans to snap up. But that's not about Red Sox fans.

#39 Doctor G

• 1874 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

I cannot wait to hear the crowd when Boston's first home series comes against Tampa if Luke Scott even comes out of the dugout. Granted, there's the potential that he's the dumbest player in baseball until Elijah Dukes makes his comeback, so it's almost a compliment.

I hope Luke and Elijah get in a fender bender down in Florida and exchange gunfire instead of papers.

#40 Rasputin

• Will outlive SeanBerry

• 25895 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

I'd rather be arrogant and vulgar than ignorant and racist.

As would I but luckily we can choose to be neither.

#41 Hee-Seop's Fable

• 1264 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

I expect part of Bobby V's trying too hard will be to drill this guy

Yes, but does Valentine wade into it with comments? Can't wait for that one.

#42 Beomoose

• SoSH Member

• 8444 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Thanks, Luke, for giving me a reason to go to a Mariners-Rays game this season: to heckle your bench-sitting ass.

#43 Joe Shlabotnick

• 1318 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

Luke can go fuck himself. Asshole, birther and dickwad. This guy hit the trifecta.

Edited by Joe Shlabotnick, 02 March 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#44 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25355 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

Boy his first visit to Fenway this year will be all warm and fuzzy.

Luke Scott's lucky he's good at baseball, otherwise he'd be picking up my trash.

#45 rembrat

• SoSH Member

• 22713 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

How much trash do you have?

#46 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• 25355 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

I can be very trash-productive if I know Luke's swinging by.

#47 24JoshuaPoint

• Grand Theft Duvet

• 3205 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

I can be very trash-productive if I know Luke's swinging by.

And trash-selective.

#48 someoneanywhere

• 3131 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

That's awesome. Thanks, brother. You made my day with this.

#49 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• 25355 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

And trash-selective.

I'll feed the baby Indian food and make sure the resultant diapers are waiting for him.

#50 TomRicardo

• rusty cohlebone

• 17684 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

This thread title is extremely misleading. Luke Scott doesn't think.